Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Oct 2012, 05:24 (Ref:3149742)   #1
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Premat

http://www.speedcafe.com/2012/10/11/...or-gold-coast/

Reckon Garry Rogers will keep Premat around for COTF or is this the beginning of the end?
Old 11 Oct 2012, 05:29 (Ref:3149743)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... is the Premat experiment over?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Oct 2012, 05:33 (Ref:3149745)   #3
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems like Rogers was expecting more than many others were.
Didn't seem unreasonable that Premat's first year was about learning the tracks and the car and if he didn't perform next year then off you go, but this seems a little hasty if it appears as what it looks like.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3149746)   #4
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I was suprised when i heard he was racing down under (only a few weeks ago as it happens) and i was even more suprised that he had such mediocre results.

Anyone know what the guff is? He's been handy in everything he's driven in the past.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 06:16 (Ref:3149749)   #5
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems doubtful we will see Premat at GRM
Old 11 Oct 2012, 06:16 (Ref:3149751)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I was suprised when i heard he was racing down under (only a few weeks ago as it happens) and i was even more suprised that he had such mediocre results.

Anyone know what the guff is? He's been handy in everything he's driven in the past.
A V8 Supercar is very different to drive then the DTM, LMP and open wheelers that he has raced in the past. A very different kettle of fish. It would take time to adjust and also to learn all of the Australian tracks that he has never raced on before..

Premat's certainly a talented driver, no doubt about that but I didnt expect much from him this year for all those reasons above. The COTF is supposed to be more 'European' so maybe thats where his talents can really be shown off in V8 Supercars.

I dont think this is a good move by Gary Rogers. How else is he supposed to get miles in the car and knowledge of the tracks if Premat is being replaced like this?
Old 11 Oct 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3149753)   #7
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Either that or Garry is trying to wind Alex up by "ignoring" him for a little while.

Hope it doesn't get lost in the translation....
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 11 Oct 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3149754)   #8
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Either that or Garry is trying to wind Alex up by "ignoring" him for a little while.

Hope it doesn't get lost in the translation....
Im sure Premat could get a ride somewhere else in the world (sportscars?) so thats probably not the best of ideas..How badly does Premat want to race V8s?

I think it shows a lack of patience and faith in the driver to pull him from a race before seasons end. I wonder what the sponsors think....
Old 11 Oct 2012, 06:59 (Ref:3149767)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt he'll be back in the car again this year.

Mr Rogers doesn't take kindly to underperformers.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3149800)   #10
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I doubt he'll be back in the car again this year.

Mr Rogers doesn't take kindly to underperformers.
On Speedcafe it says he will be back in the car for Abu Dahbi race and the rest of the season.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 11 Oct 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3149805)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alarm bells rang for me when Jack was hastily put in to qualify the car. Jack did seem to outpace Alex solidly in the other sessions but for quali you really need race fitness.

I really thought Alex should have had a chance to show his craft this race.

I guess many have been dropped mid-season by Garry, including one J. Whincup...
Old 11 Oct 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3149807)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
seems doubtful we will see Premat at GRM
With McLaughlin on the hunt and perhaps Premat on the outer, could this be a pairing?

Given COTF is coming and its a reset button for all, with a more GT-like car, Alex would have to be a dark horse for next year, which makes the current situation all the more interesting.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3149841)   #13
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GR is no fool - I bet he knows what he's doing , he hasn't made many mistakes over the years with his choice of drivers.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3149845)   #14
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl View Post
GR is no fool - I bet he knows what he's doing , he hasn't made many mistakes over the years with his choice of drivers.
I can think of one, off the top of my head, won a race up the bush last weekend.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3149846)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I understand it, GoDaddy.com shall be joining GRM on the Gold Coast as a sponsor partner, coming with their drop in international pilots

What might be interesting to understand is whether the change in #33 is related to such things, to try and get the car more towards its potential, to get this sponsor onboard full time..

With the choice of qualifying & starting driver at Bathurst in Mr Perkins, I kinda half expected him to be the chosen pilot for Indy...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Oct 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3149848)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrystl View Post
he sacked jamie whincup
Old 11 Oct 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3149893)   #17
JoyRide
Rookie

JoyRide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
As I understand it, GoDaddy.com shall be joining GRM on the Gold Coast as a sponsor partner, coming with their drop in international pilots

What might be interesting to understand is whether the change in #33 is related to such things, to try and get the car more towards its potential, to get this sponsor onboard full time..

With the choice of qualifying & starting driver at Bathurst in Mr Perkins, I kinda half expected him to be the chosen pilot for Indy...
so did I - unless Rittler has more sponsorship $$$$$

Jack never seem to be able to find enough since he had to pull out the first time with the Kelly's
Old 11 Oct 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3149897)   #18
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
I can think of one, off the top of my head, won a race up the bush last weekend.
The guy who finished second in the same race also had a very tough time of it at GRM.

I think the issue is that the GRM culture is a difficult work environment unless your part of the same mentality and once your on the outer with gary thats it.

From my perspective this ends the relationship completely, i doubt premat will be able to perform for the team now that the trust between the two has been severed completely. To be honest i didnt think he had done that badly for most of the year.

And unless something else is going on to justify this grm may have just lost a steerer who in next years cars could have been pretty handy.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3149901)   #19
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be a slap-in-the-face to drop him for the round that includes international drivers, one that Premat may have enjoyed the most.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3149914)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paradoxically, it could've been a round to avoid.

There are a few debutants to V8SC and the SP circuit, that could very well out-pace Mr Premat. Then what?

Ritter's inclusion suggests that there is merit to the claim that he's an indirect member of the Rogers family. He's an in-law, or something like that.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3149915)   #21
JoyRide
Rookie

maybe thats the intention - a bit of a Rocket when required....

Gary might be difficult but he aint stupid
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3149949)   #22
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Ritter's inclusion suggests that there is merit to the claim that he's an indirect member of the Rogers family. He's an in-law, or something like that.
Its odd, I think Ritter has the Canto disease, seem to be very capable enduro driver but patently useless in a sprint round.

Maybe these guys can drive but can't set up a car?
Old 11 Oct 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3149953)   #23
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyRide View Post
unless Rittler has more sponsorship $$$$$

Jack never seem to be able to find enough since he had to pull out the first time with the Kelly's
Has GRM really become another "rent-a-drive" operation?

While Premat hasn't been impressive, it seems a little mad to dump him after learning most of the circuits before next year in a COTF sports car style chassis that should bring him right up the front?!?!

If there was so little patience, Gary would have been better putting in Perkins or similar at the start of the year!
Old 11 Oct 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3149983)   #24
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
poor Premat, what was GRM expecting of him, a top 10 finish every round? it's his first year, surely that should give them a go free card, and either you get results in your 2nd year, and if your not performing your going. too early in the season to let a driver go imo.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3150055)   #25
JoyRide
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Has GRM really become another "rent-a-drive" operation?

While Premat hasn't been impressive, it seems a little mad to dump him after learning most of the circuits before next year in a COTF sports car style chassis that should bring him right up the front?!?!

If there was so little patience, Gary would have been better putting in Perkins or similar at the start of the year!
My point exactly

question is if Jack is better suited why have they gone for Rittler? In today's Motorsport it's the first thing I can come up with