Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Aug 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3662853)   #101
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here a sugesetion for further preventing start pileups

the starters after position 20 get a 2-3 seconds delayed start so essentially a 2 pack start
Old 1 Aug 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3662856)   #102
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
here a sugesetion for further preventing start pileups

the starters after position 20 get a 2-3 seconds delayed start so essentially a 2 pack start
Or Alex Martin automatically starts from the pit lane?
Old 1 Aug 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3662867)   #103
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting spat going on twitter between Adam Weaver and Alex Martin today.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 14:41 (Ref:3662868)   #104
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well noticed:

Ouch

https://twitter.com/AdamLWeaver/stat...82870547386368
Old 1 Aug 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3662881)   #105
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
Or Alex Martin automatically starts from the pit lane?
Or from a sofa in his living room.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3662895)   #106
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
Slightly better footage of the crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8pMQyF4rAc

Certainly doesn't look to me like Welch was overly aggressive with his elbowing of Jackson.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3662896)   #107
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
When was the last NGTC car that was a total write off? Did Bushell need a new shell last year? My memory ain't what it used to be!
Not sure about Bushell.
Before that would have been James Cole's UA Toyota after Donington 2014. I believe they bought an old shell from Speedworks to use.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3662914)   #108
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Not sure about Bushell.
Before that would have been James Cole's UA Toyota after Donington 2014. I believe they bought an old shell from Speedworks to use.
I think they borrowed one while the shell was repaired, then it came back into service at the end of the season. I seem to remember a time-lapse video from United.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3662931)   #109
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
sometime cars stall on the grid
And sometimes they deliberately turn across the front of another car, forcing them against the wall.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3662943)   #110
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.facebook.com/BTCCOllieJa...25694130859531

Ollie Jackson, Shots fired.

I'm not necessarily a fan of his and i like Dan Welch. But if two drivers over the last two seasons are leaving WM with a negative opinion, something must be a miss in the background.

Nonetheless, Rob Austin offered Sherman to Dan on twitter for Knockhill, how serious that is or even if its possible i don't know.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3662944)   #111
porsche962fan
Veteran

meanwhile a thing that has gone under the radar

Andy Jordan has a confortable lead in the Indy title and Motorbase cannot be beaten in the Indy team title

believe it or not Motorbase are for nearly 10 years in BTCC and this would be the first time they would actually win a title
Old 1 Aug 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3662947)   #112
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Motorbase cannot be beaten in the Indy team title

believe it or not Motorbase are for nearly 10 years in BTCC and this would be the first time they would actually win a title
What are you talking about? Everyone is still mathematically in contention for that title.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 22:41 (Ref:3662948)   #113
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRustyNail View Post
https://www.facebook.com/BTCCOllieJa...25694130859531

Ollie Jackson, Shots fired.

I'm not necessarily a fan of his and i like Dan Welch. But if two drivers over the last two seasons are leaving WM with a negative opinion, something must be a miss in the background.

Nonetheless, Rob Austin offered Sherman to Dan on twitter for Knockhill, how serious that is or even if its possible i don't know.
This one's going to rumble on for a long time, I feel. Jackson getting very personal on the FB posts. It's very hard to judge from even the linked trackside footage of the two of them coming through that corner - I'm undoubtedly biased as a general fan of Welch, but the only logical thing to do with regard to that incident, as I see it, is to trust the race stewards, who have access to a wealth of angles and info we'll never be privy to.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 07:44 (Ref:3662977)   #114
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
That statement from Ollie Jackson is an odd one. I know there's ill feeling between him and John Welch, and I fully get that after Ollie's nightmare year at Welch Motorsport that must've cost him a fortune.

However to put something like that on Facebook, to me, looks unprofessional and certainly isn't the image I like to see the BTCC give the wider world. If he had gone on a rant like that in a post race live TV interview - or even on the podcast - then I would understand it, but he's taken the time to write that out on Facebook and post it, and the final paragraph reads like an angry child - "Then he did this, and then he did that and he's a this and a that!"

Anyone fancy a current list of BTCC feuds?

Welch Motorsport v Ollie Jackson
Power Maxed Racing v Alex Martin
Andrew Jordan v Warren Scott
Josh Cook v Tom Ingram (Oulton Park http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...t-oulton-park/ )
Ian Harrison v "The usual no-hopers" https://twitter.com/IanH888/status/759742955494248448
Front wheel drive v Rear wheel drive
Everyone and their dog v Alan Gow!

Good job Jason and Matt have been behaving! It almost looks like they are best buddies given some of the stuff that's being flying about so far this season!
Old 2 Aug 2016, 08:14 (Ref:3662981)   #115
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Good job Jason and Matt have been behaving! It almost looks like they are best buddies given some of the stuff that's being flying about so far this season!
As long as it doesn't end up like Crash James threatening fans to a fist fight, then I think Mr Gow will be rubbing his hands together with deep satisfaction. It's got people talking!
Old 2 Aug 2016, 08:38 (Ref:3662982)   #116
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That statement from Ollie Jackson is an odd one. I know there's ill feeling between him and John Welch, and I fully get that after Ollie's nightmare year at Welch Motorsport that must've cost him a fortune.

However to put something like that on Facebook, to me, looks unprofessional and certainly isn't the image I like to see the BTCC give the wider world. If he had gone on a rant like that in a post race live TV interview - or even on the podcast - then I would understand it, but he's taken the time to write that out on Facebook and post it, and the final paragraph reads like an angry child - "Then he did this, and then he did that and he's a this and a that!"
I like Ollie Jackson but he's been posting similar things on Pistonheads where he's a member. Someone has called him out on it and he didn't like it.

I do think Welch shouldn't have pushed him out like that, but if the stewards fine you and put points on your licence and even after an appeal where it's reduced but not wiped out, then surely you've done something wrong!?
Old 2 Aug 2016, 08:42 (Ref:3662983)   #117
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the subject of Ian Harrison's thoughts on driving standards: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...ing-standards/
Old 2 Aug 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3662986)   #118
Northern Monkey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
I like Ollie Jackson but he's been posting similar things on Pistonheads where he's a member. Someone has called him out on it and he didn't like it.

I do think Welch shouldn't have pushed him out like that, but if the stewards fine you and put points on your licence and even after an appeal where it's reduced but not wiped out, then surely you've done something wrong!?
It's always going to be open to interpretation though and Ollie clearly has his view.

Having seen it all from behind, Hunter Abbott said both drivers could have done differently, with the Dan running him out wider than he needed to and Ollie not wanting to concede. He even told Dan he thought it was 60:40 his fault over Ollie.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 09:38 (Ref:3662992)   #119
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As both Welch and Jackson agree that the incident was avoidable perhaps they should both be penalized
Old 2 Aug 2016, 10:00 (Ref:3663001)   #120
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
What are you talking about? Everyone is still mathematically in contention for that title.
simple, AFAIK only the leading car of a team scores in that title

now Motorbase if one car drops out the other will score and they are the only Indy team with 2 fast drivers

if say Morgan drops out no points for WIX Racing
Old 2 Aug 2016, 10:19 (Ref:3663004)   #121
Northern Monkey
Racer

Quote:
simple, AFAIK only the leading car of a team scores in that title

now Motorbase if one car drops out the other will score and they are the only Indy team with 2 fast drivers

if say Morgan drops out no points for WIX Racing
You are correct that one car scores but they are 74 points ahead with 240 still available - so it is nowhere near being won
Old 2 Aug 2016, 13:08 (Ref:3663041)   #122
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
On the subject of Ian Harrison's thoughts on driving standards: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...ing-standards/
Ian is absolutely spot-on here. A while ago on another forum, I suggested that the BTCC should use a driver grading system, such as the one used in sportscar racing, and that only drivers with at least a silver rating should be allowed to compete. There has been some controversy lately with this system though, with some drivers being incorrectly graded. Instead, I'd opt for a super licence-type points system, where drivers must have achieved a certain level of results within the last 5 years to be allowed to enter.

Quote:
Josh Cook v Tom Ingram (Oulton Park http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...t-oulton-park/ )
Ian Harrison v "The usual no-hopers" https://twitter.com/IanH888/status/759742955494248448
You can add Gordon Shedden v Adam Morgan to that list: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...ace-2-contact/

Last edited by pimmy; 2 Aug 2016 at 13:18.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3663062)   #123
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
Good shout, Pimmy, and Ash Sutton v Ollie Jackson and Mark Howard v Alex Martin

Quote:
“Poor old Dan Welch might not be racing for the rest of the season because of someone else’s stupidity. For me it needs to be looked at.”
BTCC 2016 Current Feuds!

Gordon Shedden v Adam Morgan
Ash Sutton v Ollie Jackson http://www.touringcars.net/2016/08/a...o-be-looked-at
Alex Martin v Mark Howard http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...recking-smash/

Forgot one from very early on in the season!

962fan v Jason Plato :P

Last edited by 850Estate; 2 Aug 2016 at 15:34.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3663064)   #124
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
G
Loved JC's one word reaction to that tweet, maybe he should be on the stewarding panel! Although is Jeff Allam still part of the driving standards advisory team?

That said it's refreshing to see young drivers like Cook and Sutton realise there's a limit to the contact in tin tops and aren't following bad examples of yesteryear. But this is perhaps the first time in the last couple of seasons we have had a debate on driving standards, so it shows the series has improved

But enough of that, how gutting was it for Tordoff, hard to believe he still only has one win this year. That failure could cost him the title. As for WSR that's two meetings in a row they've lost race 3 in the closing stages. But Collard, despite being a hard racer I never thought I'd see him in the title hunt, but he's certainly improving as a driver year on year
Old 2 Aug 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3663067)   #125
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Turkington for the title surely? He's the man to catch in the Subaru, and we have some great RWD circuits coming up. I can see him getting plenty more wins.

I would like to see Collard do it for the old geezers.