Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Apr 2004, 23:08 (Ref:944805)   #1
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Commercials during the race

Did it seem like they spent more time showing comericals, than they did the race... and another thing they showed Dangerous Curves in the morning but then over the length of the race they showed the same stuff.... I wanted to watch the race not commercials or the pr-race show (dangerous Curves) all over again.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 03:37 (Ref:944959)   #2
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually, I thought they did pretty good with commercials, every bit as good as Speed, or maybe even better. Speed tends to have lots short commercial brakes during there races every 3-4 seconds. Spike spaced them out pretty decently, and I didn't think they were too long either. As for the Dangerous curves comment, yes, that was annoying. Especially, as I watched the prerace on race director and they showed them their too, so I saw them a total of 3 times.
Old 2 May 2004, 12:02 (Ref:958542)   #3
Mouser
Rookie

United States
Pomeroy,Ohio,USA
Mouser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The commercials weren't that bad-hey,they gotta pay the
bills. But I think they could stop cutting into the race
with "dangerous curves".
Old 3 May 2004, 10:08 (Ref:959164)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree about that. We were quite lucky. When the coverage went to ad breaks in America we got 'our' commentator Jeremy Shaw to fill in with coverage.

Dangerous Curve. Disgracefult to show this when there isn't a yellow period (and even then...)
Old 3 May 2004, 22:51 (Ref:959864)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah - any word on whether that will STOP happening due to popular protest? Or most likely a wait & see event I suppose.

I hope that doesn't happen again - When the flag is green, if it isn't a car commercial or some girl washing her hair in some smooth & silky shampoo that's interrupting the race - I don't want it happening. (And that includes Mrs. Tagliani washing her hair in somebody's trailer too!).
Old 4 May 2004, 01:02 (Ref:959929)   #6
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just remember...not EVERY curve is dangerous
Old 4 May 2004, 11:14 (Ref:960234)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never liked the "Toyota Spotlight" that Speed interrupted the racing with -- long boring talks about tires, or explaining how some car part was made. If they have to show these things, they ought to go in the pre-race show or during a time when nothing else is happening at all (like a rain delay, or a red flag).
Old 4 May 2004, 11:23 (Ref:960245)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
If they have to show these things, they ought to go in the pre-race show or during a time when nothing else is happening at all (like a rain delay, or a red flag).
For the casual, non-diehard fan watching small features like that can be more interesting than the race itself, especially during races like Long Beach.