Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Aug 2018, 04:32 (Ref:3841986)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[VASC18R22R23] OTR SuperSprint, The Bend Motorsport Park 24-26 Aug

A new track for the boys and girls of the Supercars Championship to play at. One of the longest tracks on the calendar with it just being shy of 5km distance using the "International" circuit. Shall be interesting to see who can get on top with no previous data to fall back on.

Will Mr McLauglin still be in conservative mode? Will Red Bull HRT/Autobarn Lowndes Racing still be in "full attack" mode? Will the HRT of old that is Mobil 1 Mobile Boost Racing finish a race without mechanical drama or team mates swapping vinyl ink?

For yours truly, I'll be watching highlights recorded on the set-top hard drive due to doing a weekend drive with friends and family driving the latest Ferrari 488 and Aston Martin DB11 thanks to a good friend. So if you see tyre smoke and hear high pitched screaming engines around the Byron Bay area, you know who and what it is.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3842012)   #2
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm heading over!

Couple of days on a houseboat in Murray Bridge.

Not sure quite what to expect. Think it will be a circuit that's better to drive on than watch at...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 7 Aug 2018, 07:53 (Ref:3842014)   #3
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
So if you see tyre smoke and hear high pitched screaming engines around the Byron Bay area, you know who and what it is.
I'll just think schoolies has come early...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 7 Aug 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3842025)   #4
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mobil-colours-for-percat-at-tailem-bend/?sf195037866=1
Old 7 Aug 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3842074)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mobil-colours-for-percat-at-tailem-bend/?sf195037866=1
Interesting that X Convenience is sharing it’s SA distribution alliance with Mobil on the car, while OTR’s long time BP alliance is yet to be fleshed out in signage or a car livery.

Maybe the #15 Nissan will be re-stickered in BP colours
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Aug 2018, 04:15 (Ref:3842232)   #6
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
I'll just think schoolies has come early...
Can't see a teenager/young adult in the latest Ferrari or Aston. A million year old hippie van with colourful "murals", weird smells and an even weirder stained interior though
Old 9 Aug 2018, 10:15 (Ref:3842467)   #7
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Actually if they made the blue and white into stripes running parallel to the side and kept the black on the roof and bonnet (for sponsor sake) they could put it as a Brock/Brad Jones Sierra tribute with the number 105.
Old 11 Aug 2018, 22:22 (Ref:3843080)   #8
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Actually if they made the blue and white into stripes running parallel to the side and kept the black on the roof and bonnet (for sponsor sake) they could put it as a Brock/Brad Jones Sierra tribute with the number 105.
Saving that one for Sandown later in the year??
Old 12 Aug 2018, 03:04 (Ref:3843096)   #9
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Saving that one for Sandown later in the year??
Yep
Old 20 Aug 2018, 04:50 (Ref:3844881)   #10
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SHould be an interesting weekend.
No one has the edge (as yet)
Will Scotty outgun them all for Pole and continue on his form.
How will Todd Hazlewood go back in the Olden

Looking forward to it.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3845144)   #11
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Welp, due to a family member needing to go under the knife, I've put off the GT drive and will be watching the race waiting for the doctors to do their thing.
Old 21 Aug 2018, 10:10 (Ref:3845156)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Welp, due to a family member needing to go under the knife, I've put off the GT drive and will be watching the race waiting for the doctors to do their thing.
Oh dear! Hopefully, it all has a positive outcome
Old 21 Aug 2018, 11:57 (Ref:3845187)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whincup Injured!!
Old 21 Aug 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3845192)   #14
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Best of luck to your family
Old 22 Aug 2018, 00:50 (Ref:3845304)   #15
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This wins.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 02:41 (Ref:3845311)   #16
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is it with that hair!
Old 22 Aug 2018, 03:22 (Ref:3845315)   #17
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dunno, surely a haircare sponsor would be prime pickings for the current Nissan drivers?
Old 23 Aug 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3845547)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Mr Ingall and Mr Skaife can’t seem to understand the chassis move Here

Simple answer seems to be that JRR may have bought a pair of old shoes, loved old shoes, closer to their end of usefulness than the beginning, and definitely offering the latest style or performance. Maybe nobody over at SCTV thinks DJRTP can do wrong

If MSR update the underneath of their 2016 Lowndes Caltex main game chassis, it may be for all the world a ZB except for bodywork...
Old 23 Aug 2018, 12:34 (Ref:3845550)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 23 Aug 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3845551)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 23 Aug 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3845660)   #21
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

If MSR update the underneath of their 2016 Lowndes Caltex main game chassis, it may be for all the world a ZB except for bodywork...
My understanding is that's exacty what's happened.

Will be running in current Triple Eight customer spec.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 06:35 (Ref:3845691)   #22
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
WOW some movers and shakers in the last session. SDS in form early. CL second last, nice to see Hazelwood move up the grid a bit. RBR and BJR seem to have a handle on this.

Didnt Giz and Slade run laps on this track previously? If so maybe its helped.
Mind you, its only Friday.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 01:02 (Ref:3845897)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post

Didnt Giz and Slade run laps on this track previously? If so maybe its helped.
Mind you, its only Friday.
I know a few of the V8 drivers did the GT race earlier in the year (Shane van Gisbergen, Garth Tander, and David Reynolds) So certainly some of them have a number of laps of the track, although the GT race may have had a different layout due to dust at the time. I think they had a last minute change to a shorter circuit.

JW as ambassador for Tailem Bend also has certainly cut a few laps there.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 01:20 (Ref:3845900)   #24
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I know a few of the V8 drivers did the GT race earlier in the year (Shane van Gisbergen, Garth Tander, and David Reynolds) So certainly some of them have a number of laps of the track, although the GT race may have had a different layout due to dust at the time. I think they had a last minute change to a shorter circuit.

JW as ambassador for Tailem Bend also has certainly cut a few laps there.
Yep and thats exactly paying off.

What a sensational facility. I hope it pays off for them. Alot of investment to recoup. I hope the govt contributed to it also.

Interesting race day for sure.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 06:55 (Ref:3845921)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....