Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Jun 2000, 22:13 (Ref:19043)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
OK, a show of hands please folks:
  • Who's going ?
  • Who's camping overnight ?
  • Who's got their tickets already ?

I am thinking of organising it a little better than we usually do. I will contact the circuit asap to see about 'group discounts' and book the number of tickets we require - hopefully saving a little.

Also, I think we should set up camp in the same area and have a decent barbeque at some point, so i'll need to sort out about the camping situation too. With regards to food, i'd suggest that anyone wanting to join in the food should bring half a pound of sausages, some burgers or whatever. We can then serve it up to the group.

What do you think ? Please let me know asap.

As far as i'm aware, we have these people down on the list, but i'm not sure what they're doing about tickets, etc..

Me
Invader
Lee Purnell
Danielsun
Liz
Carrie
Lorna
Maisie
Chris Y
Sparky
Woody
TimD ?

Who have I missed ?

Anyway, please post here folks and we'll see what we can sort out
Old 23 Jun 2000, 22:24 (Ref:19047)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our tickets are on their way, but I don't think it includes grandstand seats. If we all want to sit together, then a group grandstand booking would certainly be a good idea. We have a tent and a spare disposable barbecue (plus stand, Craig, so as not to set anything on fire ) and we can bring some food and drink. The idea of camping en masse sounds really cool!
Old 23 Jun 2000, 22:27 (Ref:19049)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, you've got me. No need for the question mark after my name.

I haven't got the tickets yet, so I would be interested in the idea of a group discount. I suspect if I ask Bluebottle nicely, he'll loan me the tent with the interesting stains that never washed out after Glastonbury.

It's okay. I trust the girl who borrowed it for the rock festival, and the fumigation controls never questioned it on the way to Le Mans. The stains are officially docile.

And I finally get to meet the mighty Invader. Am I ready for this, I ask myself?
Old 23 Jun 2000, 22:29 (Ref:19051)   #4
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've sorted a tent but no tickets....I'm no good at that sh1t....oh Carrie!!!!!!
Old 23 Jun 2000, 23:00 (Ref:19057)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there - with a friend (a girlfriend I met last year at Monza) - we have our tickets but she's got them so I don't know what exactly they entitle us to! Also Sarah Morgan who camped with us at Le Mans is coming, and her brother is coming with her.

We'll bring food and/or drink, and our own sleeping bags. Like we're going to sleep? Do they have Radio Snetterton? Should I bring my radio?
Old 23 Jun 2000, 23:01 (Ref:19058)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What Invader? Looks like Craig's sorting tickets, not me Yep, I'll be there, but haven't got round to sorting out tickets yet.
Old 23 Jun 2000, 23:52 (Ref:19071)   #7
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Who's buying the airhorns this time?

By the way - I just got a phone call from a bloke who wears a 'Kiss' T-shirt. He says he'll be there at Snett - says he's got a score to settle.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 13:05 (Ref:19153)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes please, ticket please as I haven't got it yet. I'm driving to Snet Saturday morning and want to stay Sat night. I'll nick my mum's cool box and bring some food (and a few bottles of selective alcohol, of course). Need to get Woody to post here cos she has started organising something.

WOODY?!?!?!?!?!??!
Old 24 Jun 2000, 13:10 (Ref:19155)   #9
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think she's at Sheffield or Croft or somewhere like that this weekend.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 16:55 (Ref:19198)   #10
Sarah
Rookie

Sarah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Liz said I am coming with my brother, our tickets are on the way. We will be camping and will bring some food and alcohol.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 21:20 (Ref:19234)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Air Horns? Who let in the Germans? (If that is a contentious remark, I apologize in advance.) I will bring my ear plugs.

If one plans to bring beer, what sort should one bring? Not being familiar with British beers one would not want to show up with the moral equivalent of Rolling Rock.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 22:35 (Ref:19246)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
There may not be enough of us to qualify for group rates by the sound of it, but i'll check. Camping idea sounds popular, so i'll check this out too.

Liz, yes radio is a good idea - they don't always run Radio TOCA anymore, but hopefully Snetterton will lay something on. Beer ? As long as it's wet it'll be cool I drink Labatts Ice and Invader drinks Guiness, other than that i'm not sure
Old 25 Jun 2000, 09:36 (Ref:19343)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Woody had already phoned up to enquire about camping it's £5. Think Snetts tickets are £20 aren't they.
Old 25 Jun 2000, 11:24 (Ref:19349)   #14
Liz
Veteran

That's what we paid for ours was 20. Where is the camping? Can someone print directions please?
Old 25 Jun 2000, 12:18 (Ref:19354)   #15
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there with bells on (not telling you where I'm tying them!) Saturday mid-morning.

I'm afraid this next bit goes against everything you guys hold dear, but I don't drink. I'll bring a coupla cans of gripe water (Coke) and be done with it!

I won't be camping either, I'm afraid. (scared of the dark and Invader! ) Besides, I only live 35 minutes away. But if you guys don't mind, I'll occupy a small Sparky-spot next to the roaring fire until the early hours. I'll sit next to Liz!

I haven't got a ticket yet, I'll try my chances on the gate. I've never pre-paid, and always got in...

Oh, and I'm gonna need somebody's mobile number, so I can find you lot...

Can't wait!!

Directions... From which direction will you be approaching, Liz?
Old 25 Jun 2000, 18:45 (Ref:19407)   #16
Carrie
Veteran

You're not the only one who won't be drinking, I won't be either. Also, I'm not camping, I'm staying near the circuit (think I might have made a mistake earlier in telling Craig that - hope I'm not going to get gatecrashed)
Old 25 Jun 2000, 18:49 (Ref:19408)   #17
Carrie
Veteran

Sparky, surely you've worked out by now that to find us all you need to do is head for the bar
Old 25 Jun 2000, 18:52 (Ref:19410)   #18
Sparky
Veteran

What? At 11.00am?? Oh yeah, I forgot, this is Craig and Invader we're talking about!!
Old 25 Jun 2000, 19:40 (Ref:19424)   #19
Carrie
Veteran

Presuming we actually manage to leave the bar at any point in the day, does anyone know what the timetable looks like?
Old 25 Jun 2000, 20:30 (Ref:19434)   #20
Liz
Veteran

Sparky, we're coming from Norwich. And of course you can sit by me (although I may have to yell MULLER! at some point in the evening. You don't get to do that over here vrey much.)
Old 25 Jun 2000, 20:40 (Ref:19438)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Excellent point about the tickets - I would recommend that no-one actually pay for them prior to arrival. Last year everyone in our group got in, and out to the car and back in again, without showing them once. Pay for them on the gate if you have to...

And don't worry about not drinking, Sparky, it's not really true about us drinking the bars dry - I never normally drink myself as i'm usually driving. I may, as we're camping, allow myself a little drinky this time though...
Old 25 Jun 2000, 20:42 (Ref:19439)   #22
Sparky
Veteran

From Norwich, Snetterton be easy, M'Lady...

Head SouthWest on the A11 heading for the quiant Norfolk town of Thetford for about 20 (maybe 22) miles. Snetterton Race Circuit is on your left. You can't miss it.

MULLER!! - I guess I could put up with that...

I should point out that we don't get to do that very much either! (thankfully! )
Old 25 Jun 2000, 20:48 (Ref:19442)   #23
Sparky
Veteran

Craig, I'm not worried about the not drinking part, I just wouldn't want to be conspicuous by the lack of blood in my alky-hol stream. ...And no holding me down and funneling the stuff down me neck either... I get icky at the smell of shandy!

How d'you guys manage to get in without a ticket flash?? Whenever I turn up it's like Fort Knox (I did manage to slope around the pits during the Sprint race last year though!! Tee Hee!)
Old 25 Jun 2000, 22:44 (Ref:19467)   #24
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£5 to camp what a rip off you should all get dads that own a team and you can stay in the truck
hahahahaha
Old 25 Jun 2000, 22:56 (Ref:19470)   #25
Peter.S
Rookie

Peter.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that the ten- tenths tents will be easily identifiable for other people who have not attended one of the 'company outings' before can drop by and say hello.