Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Sep 2003, 12:31 (Ref:719483)   #1
Williamp
Racer

Williamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Nasamax

Does anyone know if Team Nasamax are running next year?

And if so, will they be allowed to run with larger fuel tanks (as they wanted to, according to the Duke Le mans video).

I really hope so. I loved the idea, and I wish them well. It would be good to see an alternative fuel car become competitive.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 12:36 (Ref:719491)   #2
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remeber seeing in Autosport, that they are running a champ car in the Euro BOSS series, don't know if that means they've left the reynard behind or what. I hope they don't, The team has a special place in my heart, after all they were the reason i had a grandstand seat for my first le mans... :P
regards
Ed

Well Update, just looked at the Team Nasamax Website, looks like they are going to be around, as they are competing in the LMES 1000km.

Last edited by Try Hard; 15 Sep 2003 at 12:38.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 12:38 (Ref:719495)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought they did tremendously well at Le Mans. Yes, they had their problems, but they put in a tremendous amount of effort. (And their PR efforts during the Friday lunchtime walkabout left some of the supposedly bigger teams very much in the shade.....).
Old 15 Sep 2003, 12:38 (Ref:719496)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They couldn't get the Reynard LMP ready (damaged tub after a, hm, slight explosion); but I gather they'll be at Le Mans in November. Not sure if they'll bring the Reynard or something else, though.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 13:30 (Ref:719543)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Reynard had air circulation problems, right? Perhaps they should look at another combination. If they're stuck on a manufacturer that has Champcar tie-ins, I'm sure they could work out something with Lola.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Sep 2003, 17:22 (Ref:719756)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that Nasamax has the best PR in the paddock at Le Mans. And I like the idea of a biomass fueled car, although I'll be more comfortable with the idea when they aren't using food grade biomass to make their fuel. I did a piece on them at this year's Le Mans, and they provided me with a lot of good material for background. Plus a really neat carrier bag!
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:59 (Ref:719901)   #7
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know about their PR, but the idea is awesome. The fact that they can make a car run on bio-fuel and still make nearly as much power as the other guys is cool!!

Here's to you and the future of Ethanol as a fuel!!
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:07 (Ref:719916)   #8
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes ! And using Ethanol from biomass in sportcars races is a initiative which could be encouraged with some rules adjustements like less weight of larger restrictors.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 19:08 (Ref:719919)   #9
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ethanol over Hydrogen fuel cell ozone degrading 'alternate fuel vehicles' any day I hop e NASAMAX can bring this idea forward to many others,- if Champcars work so well with the stuff why not anyone else? (well they use methanol not ethanol I know, but it is the alternate biofuel that is so exciting...)