Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Jan 2004, 07:57 (Ref:829180)   #1
Masser
Rookie

Masser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyman Motor Racing Activities - Query

Has anyone done, or know anyone who has done, the "le Mans Classic Car experience" with Everyman Motor Racing Activities at Mallory Park?

http://www.tangerineuk.com/products/...experience.htm

What did you think? Was it worth the money and were the cars any good?

Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Many Thanks

T
Old 6 Jan 2004, 13:13 (Ref:829401)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I have never actually done the experience but I know a couple of the people who run it and they are extremely helpful and friendly. The cars are all genuine and in excellent condition except for the D-types which are replicas. The D's are very fast (I race against them regularly) and the price doesn’t seem too bad for what you get, plus they are doing a special offer at the moment I think. Only thing I would say is to try and get a dry day. On the down side, 3 or 4 laps of Mallory isn’t enough to get the feel of these cars and doesn't last long
Old 6 Jan 2004, 13:55 (Ref:829437)   #3
Masser
Rookie

Masser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you very much for that insight. I will be travelling over from Ireland so picking a dry day will be pure luck!!!!!

3/4 laps isn't all that long an that was my main concern. Long way to go for just twelve laps!!

If anyone has any other suggestions of places to go I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks
Old 10 Jan 2004, 22:52 (Ref:833865)   #4
Michael S
Rookie

Michael S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did the course in July 99 at Mallory Park when it was a slightly different format, cars were E type, MK2 Jag, DB6 with option of Jag XJ8 hot ride was in the D type replica.
cars were in a good condition but the Aston was very noisy (exhaust). Instructors and staff were great, circuit is small and when I did it they only used the full circuit on certain days due to planning problems (there were some new houses at the hairpin end of the circuit and they complained about the noise) went back the next year three times for different courses.