CaptainRandom
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
CaptainRandom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
Biggest negative is the unsuitability of the chassis on
Actually, I recall that the chasis being suitable for oval racing was a requirement laid out to Panoz by the CCWS.

[For example, the DP01 has a more upright seating position than the old Lola (as does the IRL Dallara) to reduce the chance of back injuries when the car goes backwards into a wall, which is a common type of crash in oval racing. (Since the spine is oriented perpendicular to the wall, there should be much much less compressive stress)]

Of course, the Panoz hasn't been raced on an oval because CCWS dropped them from the calendar. But I think that was a money/business issue and not a car issue.

At the end of the day though, the Panoz is lighter, and the Dallara is proven on ovals, so I'm not sure that this information would really change your point anyways. Just mentioning what I remember