Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Jun 2019, 03:08 (Ref:3913220)   #10
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I have to say that my reaction as Vettel rejoined was that it was unsafe......Vettel saying he had no alternative seems to have forgotten that he has an accelerator pedal under his control.......

And Vettel now appears to be on the point of boycotting the ceremony....
Location checks out....

So I just finished the race. First time on here since before the race weekend. I havent read past page 3 of this thread yet, just caught the first instance of what I assume will be a theme throughout the rest of the thread. If you're from certain regions, I fully expect this type of defense.

Just a huge joke of a decision that ruined the race. Every announcer basically hand waved the fact that the stewards were looking into it. Said things like "if that is penalized, we might as well pack it up and go home." Fully agree.

He didn't gain an advantage. He lost ground on track. Just like the pit lane penalty at Monaco, the only recourse for avoiding penalty is to allow the other cars nearby to go past without fight. So what is the point? Also completely ruined the lazt 15 laps or so. Killed any racing we would have gotten to the end since Hamilton knew he could just park it within 5 seconds. Fun stuff that is....

How is it not completely apparent that Hamilton is a huge phony at this point? I've pointed stuff out before, but here it is again. Says after the race that it wasnt the way he wanted to win. Except he immediately cried on the radio for the stewards to look at it. Says all the time he relishes a fight on the track between him and Vettel. Yet.... Took the fight right out of it by crying to the officials. Nkt the first time he has shown himself to be a phony, won't be the last.

Also, is there anyone with a bigger horseshoes up his ass? Yes, he helps make his luck. But it is way beyond statistical anomaly at this point how much just seems to go his way. And a huge kudos to the stewards for further cementing the championship within the first 1/3 of the season, so I can actually maybe skip some sessions rather than making it a point to watch everything televised and really care. Really helps me to know that Mercedes will have the political clout to overrule a rare struggle of a weekend.

Then Hamilton tries to say that if the wall wasnt there he could have gone through. That's kinda the point. Not every track has miles of runoff to make your job easier. Kinda adds to the challenge at a track like this. He should know. If the walls weren't there at Monaco, verstappen wouod have gone through, too. God what a waste of time watching that race turned out to be. Except for the Vettel reaction. Appreciate that, but wish he had called Hamilton out about wanting a fight between the two of them only to whine to the stewards. Oh well.

Now on to reading pages 4 through the end, and seeing the coincidence of certain posters finding ways to defend Hamilton all being from similar regions.