Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Oct 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2769473)   #26
SFurness
Racer

England
Leicestershire
SFurness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Bought our tickets on line tonight, grandstand seats and paddock passes for two for the weekend, 46 euro's, bargain.

Does anybody know if there is an entry list on line.

Steve
Old 5 Oct 2010, 04:44 (Ref:2769560)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFurness View Post
Hi,

Bought our tickets on line tonight, grandstand seats and paddock passes for two for the weekend, 46 euro's, bargain.

Steve
Hi Steve, probably no entry lists from Masters- they do not usually publish in advance but may be something from other organisers. Have to keep an eye on Legends, HFO, FJHRA and U2TC in next few days. Some will be letting their competitors know so may get a link that way!

We went to top of main grandstand last year- in the lift thank goodness. Altitude sickness may be a problem.......

See you in the paddock somewhere!
Old 5 Oct 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2769619)   #28
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFurness View Post
Hi,

Steve
Legends grids are listed here http://www.motorracinglegends.com/
Old 5 Oct 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2769684)   #29
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Pre War Entry List is not correct.Hope others are.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2769783)   #30
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We were still buisy rebuilding Galaxie engine but did arive at BBQ late in the evening.We were still made very welcome i even had a bit of crumpet chat me up but i think she thought i was a wealthy english race car driver.
Easy mistake to make Iain, quite understandable. My planned visit now in jeopardy, more welding required on left eye!
Old 6 Oct 2010, 08:19 (Ref:2770146)   #31
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alexander Davidis is still looking for some of his budget for the production of the GT Racer Portimao special. It would be a great momento of the event and they are a very professional bunch as anyone who has watched the GT Racer series can confirm.

This seems quite a novel funding method:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lgarve-special

Or contact Alexander directly at info@johngaltfilms.com

Roger
Old 6 Oct 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2770510)   #32
Algarve Racing
Rookie

Algarve Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chef ALGARVE HISTORIC FESTIVAL 15 Oct-17 Oct 10 Timetable

Following the success of its inaugural event last year, the Algarve Historic Festival 2010 returns to the Autodromo in Portimao, after resounding approval from all in attendance...

more info at www.algarveracing.info
Old 7 Oct 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2770733)   #33
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, anyone going to this?
Old 7 Oct 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2770761)   #34
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Many on here.
Major event is Bronse 60th birthday
I was but Pre War race has lousy entry and they have decided to include three large engined post war pot hunters which considering they only pay per car racing is nonsense.If they included post war cars up to two litres would make so much more sense.Probably be no pre war Legends series next year as it has been complete failure this year.On reflection if the work is not put in to put together a decent grid it will not happen.Masters,Peter Auto,Carol,HSCC,Flav and Ness show how it should be done.

The rest of races are good and circuit superb.

Its the end of season effect and many cars have faltered due to hard life this year.

We will be at CER Ricard with Chevrons and Porsche this weekend,will we get aggro from French again! About 300 entries,a big meeting.
Its Flav and Ness race at Ledenon in two weeks.Tremendous last race of season.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2770775)   #35
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
So, anyone going to this?
Yes John- see other thread!
Old 7 Oct 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2770959)   #36
Butler04
Rookie

United Kingdom
portsmouth
Butler04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iv never been to this track so I'm flying over to marshal it and can't wait will be good to see u all
Old 7 Oct 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2770961)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just checked a couple of different weather sites and after bit of a hic-cough this weekend back to 'Scorchio' by time we get there and through to race weekend! Bit of cloud suggested for sunday 17th but that may even be welcome........

Bring it on
Old 7 Oct 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2770996)   #38
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great stuff. Getting a bit chilly here so looking forward to it!
Old 7 Oct 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2770999)   #39
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Surely these threads should be merged?
Old 8 Oct 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2771327)   #40
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Many on here.
Major event is Bronse 60th birthday
I was but Pre War race has lousy entry and they have decided to include three large engined post war pot hunters which considering they only pay per car racing is nonsense.If they included post war cars up to two litres would make so much more sense.Probably be no pre war Legends series next year as it has been complete failure this year...........
Hi john
Does this mean you are not going now? Shame if so but at least I may get some sort of trophy if there are few enough runners in the pre war.....
Nigel B
Old 8 Oct 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2771363)   #41
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Likewise, looking forward to a few days decent weather before the gloom of the British winter sets in......although presumably not as gloomy as Moscow?
Old 8 Oct 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2771437)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We are having a lovelly afternoon here in Henley on Thames.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2771453)   #43
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Deeply autumnal, damp and dark here in Donington today - though not really cold. The heat must be trapped under the cloud!
Old 8 Oct 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2771560)   #44
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
And just as important- the Bay of Biscay isn't looking too stormy sunday night........

So hopefully not any sea
Old 8 Oct 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2771564)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thats great news Mike after last year.I was not very well. Never been sea sick before then. Aparantley even the crew were ill. Just had an e mail from Formula Junior saying there is a kart event at Portimao.Im up for that.!!!!!!
Old 8 Oct 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2771580)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Just had an e mail from Formula Junior saying there is a kart event at Portimao.Im up for that.!!!!!!
Before, during, or after main event?
Old 9 Oct 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2772215)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Never been sea sick before then. Aparantley even the crew were ill.
I wont use the Bay of Biscay route to Northern Spain anymore as not being a good sailor I am always sick any time I have used it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2772422)   #48
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Biscay can be scary, I remember reading about 2 young guys sailing home in a small boat - 25ft. And they realised they were going to be caught in a big blow and spent a day sailing west to give them sea room. They lashed everything they could dropped the sail and went below. The storm lasted 36 hrs and the boat was inverted and I think dis-masted, but they survived to tell the tale.

A good route for freight, but as a passenger!
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2772621)   #49
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
We're all loaded on boat so no turning back! Concerned at amount of chains to hold trucks down......

Next stop Santander!
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2772631)   #50
SFurness
Racer

England
Leicestershire
SFurness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As spectators were are taking the easy route flying out of Doncaster in the morning.

Looking forward to a two hour lunch tomorrow.

I can't compete with Grant for camera equipment (or ability) but I've jamed the camera into a back pack so I'll do my best.

See you all on Saturday.

Steve