Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Apr 2000, 20:04 (Ref:2359)   #1
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just in case you weren't there the results were:-
Sprint race.
Menu
Rydell
Reid
Tarquini
Kristensen
Plato
Radermaker
Neal
Blair
Morrison
Kaye
Lemski
Muller - clutch failure on first lap
Kox pushed off by I think Plato
Feature race
Menu
Tarquini
Rydell
Reid
Muller (new enine & started from the back due to wrong bolt having to be changed during warm up)
Kristenson
Plato
Neal (drive thro penalty for speeding)
Kox (drive thro penalty for jumping the start)
Blair
Kaye
Lemski
Morrison (had to tape up bonnet)
Rumours:- Collard says he will lead the B series by Knockhill. James Thompson having brain scan.
Also no spare parts for the Clios or Formula Renault - not even wing mirrors - stupid or what! and Paul Lomax and Rick Pearson are very nice.
Colin Stancombe (fiestas)rolled and ok but I wish Simon Hill would just go frwards - he goes one place up and tree back (Lotus Elise).
And a very small crowd I think or else I wouldn't be home now!! If you want the other results just ask!!
Old 24 Apr 2000, 21:54 (Ref:2360)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello there! How come we've never met up with you at any BTCC meetings? We all had a lovely day sitting in a small group in the sun, and we also got to meet Paul and Rick - and fine chaps they are too! And most of the other Ten-tenths-supported people went better than normal. Graham Holmes was doing fantastically - or at least he was until he wrote the car off At least he was classified 6th. Muller did OK in the feature race despite not getting very far into the sprint. As for Vincent Apple - not sure what happened there, but since both he and his team mate ended up parked in the gravel at Redgate with front end damage, I guess there's some explaining to be done...

Next time you're at a BTCC meeting, come along and join us (details should be in Trackside) - you're more than welcome.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 22:35 (Ref:2361)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maisie, if that was Vincent Apple doing better than normal, what do you expect him to do on a bad day
Old 24 Apr 2000, 23:15 (Ref:2362)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go Ford!! All the way!!

What has happened to Matt?? I thought he was meant ot clean up....
Old 25 Apr 2000, 09:03 (Ref:2363)   #5
SNH
Racer

England
Staffordshire, England
SNH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I missed the people who sent me e-mails telling them where to meet at Redgate, (inc pic & mobile no). I got held up talking......
Did you know Jenson Button was at the race as a spectator, (free ticket)?
I must say that I think the BTCC has gone down a lot recently.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 18:43 (Ref:2364)   #6
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi to one and all. We (hubby & me) are going to every meeting this year - talk about dedication. Did you notice Vincent has changed his helmet - well his old one is looking very good on our coffee table. He qualified badly due to a fuel injection problem and then in the race he tried going round the outside and Fernando (team mate!) locked up and pushed him off. I don't think he was too pleased and Paston certainly weren't.
Didn't see the Holmes off - thought Paul Lomax was very good in stopping before the red flags but we did see the damaged cars.
Did anyone stay for the last pick up race - was that red flagged as well? Wouldn't mind the results to finish off the programme. (We were gas bagging in the pits as per normal).
Old 25 Apr 2000, 19:42 (Ref:2365)   #7
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of us stayed to watch the Pick-ups. I'm not sure who was third, but I'm fairly sure White came in 1st (despite having just glued his gearstick back in...) with Longhurst coming up to hassle him from behind. It was a shame the race was stopped first time - I was looking forward to seeing Lee Caroline storming from the back - still, there's always next time.

I knew there was someone else we saw doing well - Mackmot's driver Mark Taylor was in a fantastic 2nd and closing in on the lead driver at the chequered flag.

Looking forward to the next race - probably won't be at Thruxton due to Chris having exams, but we'll almost certainly be at Oulton Park at the end of May since it's our home circuit. Hope to catch up with as many people as possible there.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 20:46 (Ref:2366)   #8
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey - Matt didn't get a speeding drive through penalty. He said it was because he miss heard his his pit call and his pit crew was standing out in the pit lane too early. Something to do with safety reasons . . so unfair
Old 25 Apr 2000, 21:46 (Ref:2367)   #9
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best place (apart from my page ) to get the results for the BTCC plus all the support races, is the MST site. They are the people who do all the timing for the races.
http://www.mst-group.co.uk/