Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Apr 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3058291)   #1
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blancpain Revival Series

Looks like the Monza grid consists of 3 Vipers, 2 Venturis and a Porsche. Oh dear. Not even anything Italian turned up!

I had high hopes that they might get the promotion of this series right this time...

Live timing of the entire Blancpain package is at http://www.sportresult.com/car-races/
Old 13 Apr 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3058314)   #2
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought they promised lots of GT-GT1 cars and even Ferrari F40.. Even that dutch supercar championship seems more interesting.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3058318)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like it already needs 'reviving' with that entry list.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3058320)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
I thought they promised
Hey this is SRO we're talking about...

They didn't even get a Saleen? How many times have they failed with this concept already, it's a nice idea I give you that but something lacks badly here...
Old 13 Apr 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3058323)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's pretty ironic that they could have just kept hold of most of last year's cars and that could still be considered a revival series.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3058326)   #6
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
It's pretty ironic that they could have just kept hold of most of last year's cars and that could still be considered a revival series.
S7-R was in the SRO GT Revival series back in 2009... And F550 in 2008, while that car still make an one-off appearance in the main FIA GT series a whole year later...
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3058328)   #7
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's no wonder that they can't get anyone interested when the series own web site still has a coming soon page on it.

http://www.blancpain-revival-series.com/

Come on SRO, this is simple stuff really!!!
Old 13 Apr 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3058341)   #8
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr ratel has got many issues yet reviving current fia GT1, many resurrections for easter sacred sunday....

We will se for silverstone.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3058550)   #9
matherto
Rookie

United Kingdom
St. Helens
matherto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a McLaren there, mustn't have ran.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3058553)   #10
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite clearly, no matter how much we and the SRO might want it, the drivers/teams do not.

Perhaps the Group C revival series could introduce a '90sGT class as they are rarely at grid capacity?
Old 13 Apr 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3058561)   #11
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No wonder an entry list has been so hard to find, after some poking around online for a while I'd found nothing until now - I guess whatever was wrong with GT90's hasn't been fixed.

That said, is there a DSC race this weekend? Might explain why a few are absent, they have quite a few GT1 cars. Thought we'd had a Saleen and a C5-R confirmed for this revival series, evidently they were put off pretty quickly...
Old 13 Apr 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3058659)   #12
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Looks like it already needs 'reviving' with that entry list.
Boom tish!

Funny but true though
Old 14 Apr 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3059037)   #13
matherto
Rookie

United Kingdom
St. Helens
Don't suppose there's any chance Silverstone or whatever the next round might fare better than this?
Old 14 Apr 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3059100)   #14
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^ You may at least get the Paul Cope Venturi 400GTR that is usually in GT Cup, The Ferrari F40 that made an appearance in GT Trophy last year, Some Porsche 996 Cup's, A few Marcos's (Hoping Cor Euser will show up in his LM600 at some point) and maybe a few more early-2000's GT1's.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 15 Apr 2012, 13:07 (Ref:3059521)   #15
John Bergqvist
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
John Bergqvist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Ratel can persuade the 25-odd entries that have been turned down for the 24h of Spa (they've received 90 entries, but the garages can accommodate 65 max) to field some entries in the revival series?
Old 16 Apr 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3060085)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bergqvist View Post
Maybe Ratel can persuade the 25-odd entries that have been turned down for the 24h of Spa (they've received 90 entries, but the garages can accommodate 65 max) to field some entries in the revival series?
I'm sure those teams who didn't get an invite would tell him where to go!
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3060158)   #17
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'm sure those teams who didn't get an invite would tell him where to go!
Beat me to it
Old 16 Apr 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3060357)   #18
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
No wonder an entry list has been so hard to find, after some poking around online for a while I'd found nothing until now - I guess whatever was wrong with GT90's hasn't been fixed.

That said, is there a DSC race this weekend? Might explain why a few are absent, they have quite a few GT1 cars. Thought we'd had a Saleen and a C5-R confirmed for this revival series, evidently they were put off pretty quickly...
The problem is I think most of the Porsche GT1's and F1-GTR's are locked away in private collections.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3060545)   #19
matherto
Rookie

United Kingdom
St. Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
The problem is I think most of the Porsche GT1's and F1-GTR's are locked away in private collections.
Well GT90's was originally created because a guy bought an F1 GTR and wanted somewhere to race it.

It's a shame that the GT1's and GTR's that regularly appear at the Nurburgring for Modena Trackdays haven't appeared.

Or the ones that have been sold recently haven't gone to owners more willing to let them out.

Hell I know of three Lotus Elise GT1's that have been sold recently and I was half hoping at least one would show up for this series but alas, it seems not
Old 17 Apr 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3060693)   #20
Deleted
Veteran

The one place where I would love to see those old GT1s is not some half-ass SRO revival series that never gets any attention or coverage, but LM Legends race before the start of the 24 hours... too bad ACO is too much in love with their precious Group Cs that are there every other year

And before anyone says that it hasn't been that long since the era ended, well they started running group cs already back in 2004...

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Apr 2012 at 06:20.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3060720)   #21
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Group C cars are awesome. I think it's more of a draw if they run those cars than the ones this thread is discussing. Maybe not, maybe we'll find out.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3060734)   #22
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
That is true, and I wouldn't expect many cars like that to be wheeled out, or at least not very often, but what happened to all the cars from the early 2000's? How many Porsches and Ferraris, for example, were sold between 2000 and 2004!? Do they all head into collections?

I readily admit that not everyone wants to race them since they're historic items now, and I may be looking at it from the wrong point of view - that of someone who dearly misses seeing these cars in action. But when you consider how many Porsches were around back then (and the headaches the noise gave you which were strangely missed when they disappeared!) I'm surprised that only one found its way into this revival series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Group C cars are awesome. I think it's more of a draw if they run those cars than the ones this thread is discussing. Maybe not, maybe we'll find out.
I think its a great idea to see a few GT1 and GT2 cars mixed in - something like the Silverstone Classic would perhaps draw out a few competitors who otherwise would not be so interested.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 09:04 (Ref:3060779)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Seems to me you can't really set up a series without knowing you have the foundation of a decent amount of cars in place.

As it stands, if I was a rich owner I wouldn't enter a series that has very few cars and is basically being poked fun at in some corners. I struggle to see how it will grow as everyone is likely choosing to give it time, but not actually entering.

You have to have some incentive, and for a lot of these guys that means decent competition - enough to warrant wheeling out your baby and risking it on the track.

The Group C series seems to be in great health and is always attracting new drivers and machinery. That's because it's established but it must have had that core group of entrants from the outset to get to this stage.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3060913)   #24
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I think the problem with the 996s and 360s is that many of those cars went into club racing or pre-GT3-national GT subsequently and have been modified quite extensively, so it would take a lot of effort to return them to their original state.

Same goes probably for many 993 GT2s... at least here in Germany there used to be whole bunch of them in some lower 'open' series.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3061102)   #25
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
If any forum member feels willing to step up to the plate and do something good for the series, now is your chance

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ven-roads.html