Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Feb 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3501578)   #76
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Edit above acknowledging that. My point still stands. Also, Taisan didn't race anywhere with that Ferrari apart from LM in 2014.
That doesn't count as the AsLMS season starts post-LM and their entry lists didn't exist at that point, you know it's not like the AAI cars are confirmed for this year either. Also Taisan were initially planning to do at least Fuji 6h. And similar one-off cars have raced before.

Anyhow we choose to disagree.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3501588)   #77
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh and by the way, by "accepting an entry" I not only meant ACO choosing or not choosing to place the entry in question to the grid itself, but also accepting the entry request from IMSA. It's not system based on success or participation after all, just wish from team X to be there right? At-large? So when you have a DP team or other non-ACO-related wanting for entry I would think ACO could have a word to say about that before granting the wish.

I mean, for example if IMSA had nominated the Risi-Krohn car for last year's race as "Krohn Racing" when the auto entries were initially awarded in Nov? 2013, surely ACO would've kicked it out at that point already. Or if IMSA named Speedsource-Mazda as it's auto entry nominee, ACO would've refused that and asked for another candidate.

After the auto entries have been 'awarded', only then comes the "do we actually select it, or throw to reserves?"

Sorry I'm making this sound more complicated than it needs to, but whatever :P

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Feb 2015 at 21:15.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3501616)   #78
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Chiana, I was thinking about your point about being a little surprised about the ACO giving AAI both auto-invites (as was I) when they didn't do so for Taisan last year, and it left me wondering if the change of promoter for AsLMS had anything to do with it.

Can't be seen to be turning down entries earned through that series or there really would be no reason for anyone to join it.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 00:26 (Ref:3501709)   #79
Deleted
Veteran

Yup...

And the official PDF is finally online
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2015.pdf
Old 6 Feb 2015, 01:47 (Ref:3501741)   #80
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Viper didn't make it onto the guaranteed entries? Somethings not right there..Especially considering how unnecessarily large the LMP2 field is...
Old 6 Feb 2015, 01:52 (Ref:3501744)   #81
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 Aston martins for the full WEC? That's an impressive amount of coordination going on there...
Old 6 Feb 2015, 01:58 (Ref:3501746)   #82
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
The Viper didn't make it onto the guaranteed entries? Somethings not right there..Especially considering how unnecessarily large the LMP2 field is...
I don't see what's unnecessary about the P2 size? Pretty much all of them are full-season entries in the WEC or ELMS. The Viper is a one-off entry effectively as they only run in GTD in TUSCC, which isn't an ACO class.

There's a very good GT/Prototype split this year. The P2 field has quality and quantity in abundance too.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 07:05 (Ref:3501821)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I agree the four classes all look strong and plenty of variety in there, i am sure the viper will get in and all four races will be exciting with something for everyone to follow
Old 6 Feb 2015, 11:24 (Ref:3501893)   #84
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
The Viper is a one-off entry effectively as they only run in GTD in TUSCC, which isn't an ACO class.
Also, if they had entered as PRO rather than AM i think it may have been a different story.
Old 6 Feb 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3501943)   #85
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Also, if they had entered as PRO rather than AM i think it may have been a different story.
I think Mr Keating who is funding the effort likes his chances better in AM.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3502382)   #86
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I don't think it's a strange move at all.

The Riley team have never hidden the fact that the funding isn't 100% there yet. The works Viper guys did bin off Le Mans last year which the ACO haven't forgotten.

Giving them first reserve effectively should put them into the race, history shows that. But at the same time it's a little message from the ACO to say you can't just waltz into the race.
Old 7 Feb 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3502392)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed. A concept with which I have no problem......
Old 7 Feb 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3502397)   #88
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i can understand the ACO but i do so hope to see the viper at le mans
Old 7 Feb 2015, 18:19 (Ref:3502413)   #89
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Amazingly find myself agreeing with wanting to see the Viper in. Ordinarily I'd preference an LMP over a GT, but there's a real charisma to the big iron that the Viper represents, and thinking about it, one of the reasons I'm less enamoured with GTs these days is the lack of variety, and a Viper undeniably brings that.

I can see them getting in - there are a couple of entries that in my mind don't seem completely solid on the list - but even on a good year I think I might trade one of the Ligiers for seeing the Viper in here.
Old 8 Feb 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3502815)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't get me wrong, I want to see it, but I can understand why the ACO have done what they have. (I'd trade an Oreca (if I had to) - the Ligiers are too pretty......
Old 8 Feb 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3502827)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Who ever drops out, and i am sure someone will, will do so almost certainly for financial reasons, the teams that have not yet got everything sorted have only a few months left and le mans is by far the most expensive race to enter. We on the forum would all like to see good looking and vaied cars on the grid but that will not really be part of the equation