Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Jul 2003, 20:17 (Ref:660197)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LaMans 24 hours for PS2

now i have been playing this on Pro level and its more of a challenge than I remember,
question- when I am racing Lemans 2000 at 24 minute duration, why does the lcock start ar 16:00?
Old 13 Jul 2003, 20:22 (Ref:660201)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, eveything will go faster, so tha after 24 mins have passed it'll be 16:00 the next day
Old 13 Jul 2003, 20:56 (Ref:660216)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh i thought it was a timer set to 16 minutes!
i see thanks. byt the way how'd you like this game?
i wouldv'e like damage and failures and some 'dirtying up' of the cars over time...
Old 13 Jul 2003, 21:23 (Ref:660233)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've not played it!

I had a Le Mans game for PC that was based off the '98 race, with Toyota GT-One's and Panoz GTR's etc.

Probably the same thing.

Except it didn't run properly on my machine, everything went at half speed. I did an hour race that took me 2h15m!
Old 13 Jul 2003, 22:00 (Ref:660262)   #5
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's far better on Dreamcast, but either way it's a class game.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 09:50 (Ref:660551)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was thinking about getting this for the PS2....It'll probs be in bargin bins by now, so would it be a wise purchase?
Old 14 Jul 2003, 12:32 (Ref:660680)   #7
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 16:00 thing: The 24 Hours always starts at 4:00 in France. In military time, that's 16:00. So, you start at 4:00 in the afternoon, you end at 4:00 in the afternoon.

As for the actual game, I have the Dreamcast version. It's pretty cool, since it's the game that first got me into Le Mans. I haven't tried the other versions of the game, although I was considering getting the PS2 version with the newer cars.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 14 Jul 2003, 13:29 (Ref:660732)   #8
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
Compared to the Dreamcast game the PS2 version looks like it was drawn by chimpanzees with crayons. Stick with the DC game, honest.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 18:07 (Ref:661006)   #9
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS2 version, at least, has no car physics. O.K., there is, but it's very bad.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 14 Jul 2003, 18:49 (Ref:661052)   #10
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
*waves Sega flag and jumps up and down*

True, true. Honest, that games is **** on PS2.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 12:16 (Ref:661693)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I can't really comment, although we've had threads about the Infogrammes Le Mans "games" before. The first version for the pc was unmitigated trash - with a very poor driving experience and a game you could only save when you entered the pits! As I understand it, the next version wasn't any better (in fact, its difficult to find it in the shops now). I can't speak about Dreamcast or PS2 as I haven't got either, but I desperately want someone to bring out a decent Le Mans sim for the pc.

And don't mention the F12002 derivatives, I've already been there.

IMO, the best LM experience remains SCGT with Matt Lucas' track.
Old 15 Jul 2003, 12:36 (Ref:661727)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind the PS2 version......

The first Infogrames effort (PS1) was shocking, though two things they should have crossed over to the second one was Tiff Needell's commentary, proper darkness (it's hardly dark in the PS2 one), and the nighttime fireworks (they were great in the first one)
Old 15 Jul 2003, 12:42 (Ref:661737)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm afraid the fireworks weren't enough to hold my interest in the first pc version (which I think was essentially the same as the PS1 version).
Old 15 Jul 2003, 12:52 (Ref:661750)   #14
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Well, I can't really comment, although we've had threads about the Infogrammes Le Mans "games" before. The first version for the pc was unmitigated trash - with a very poor driving experience and a game you could only save when you entered the pits! As I understand it, the next version wasn't any better (in fact, its difficult to find it in the shops now). I can't speak about Dreamcast or PS2 as I haven't got either, but I desperately want someone to bring out a decent Le Mans sim for the pc.

And don't mention the F12002 derivatives, I've already been there.

IMO, the best LM experience remains SCGT with Matt Lucas' track.
Well our GPL "Small Update for..." friend Francisco Caballero has got a little sidetracked doing car graphic for the F1-2002 BPR Global Endurance mod...
Doesn't look bad at all... But it's no GPL

Yes, i had the original LM game and i agree, it was absolutely dire, and didn't even run properly (doesn't run at all on my new PC) No loss to me though
Old 15 Jul 2003, 19:01 (Ref:662129)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just give me that GT40 and I'll happily blast that around the 67 Sarthe circuit for hours......
Old 15 Jul 2003, 21:45 (Ref:662320)   #16
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Wouldn't you rather a 917?
Old 16 Jul 2003, 18:16 (Ref:663102)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Right now, either would do me nicely. I've driven some very nice 917s around Le Mans in SCGT, so I'm not so fussed either way.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 21:57 (Ref:673734)   #18
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the game on Ps2 it a quite good game not as good as say TOCA
but it would be better with car Damage