Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 24 Feb 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2639593)   #1
K-RON
Rookie

England
Surrey, UK
K-RON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport Equipment shops - Surrey, UK

A friend of mine has asked where locally can he buy a helmet and some boots. I've got no idea so thought I'd ask you good people
I know of online retaillers but he wants to be able to try stuff on first and get some advice.
Were based near Guildford.
Thanks,
Old 24 Feb 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2639595)   #2
nik
Rookie

Switzerland
Kent
nik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it will be either croydon race and rally or stand21 at brands.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2639603)   #3
K-RON
Rookie

England
Surrey, UK
Thanks Nik. Guess GP Direct isnt that far away either.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2639717)   #4
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autocross are in Wokingham - not a huge range but they can get stuff in I expect. Worth a call anyway. Otherwise I'd make the trip to Stand 21 or GPR.

Where are you based? We're just North of Guildford.

S.
Old 24 Feb 2010, 14:00 (Ref:2639730)   #5
K-RON
Rookie

England
Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
Autocross are in Wokingham - not a huge range but they can get stuff in I expect. Worth a call anyway. Otherwise I'd make the trip to Stand 21 or GPR.

Where are you based? We're just North of Guildford.

S.
Are you Stacy that purchased an old FB RX-7 from my friend Lewis?

I'm in Haslemere, the helmet is for Lewis, I'm letting him lose in my Honda race car next week
Old 25 Feb 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2640370)   #6
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep that's me - "Yoyo" as we named it has been stripped and dipped and is waiting to be prepped into our IPRA RX7. Given some other delays we will probably use it as a Classic Thunder base to test out the IPRA running gear.

Brilliant shell that was even better than my main UK car, was very pleased with it. When I drove it the bushes and dampers were /shocking/ though, so yours will no doubt be a definate experience for him.. ;-)

Will be down that way at the weekend as I'm off to my mates at Gartrac.

If it's a one off why not just borrow one? Welcome to one of my spares if he'd prefer. Although my head might be bigger than his. (Sic).

I have spare overalls too, but you're likely to be able to fit 3 Lewis' into them..

Otherwise if you want top kit I'd go Stand21 or see Tony Murray http://www.m2d.biz/m2d/M2D___Home.html which is an alternative that hasn't yet taken hold in the UK. My next one will come from there, now the lovely French girl will no longer be doing the S21 measuring up.

I have had AWS in the past (if they're still going). Cheapest bespoke. Alternatively I'd get yourself up to GPR if Autocross don't have much in if you want off the shelf.

Atb

S.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2640381)   #7
K-RON
Rookie

England
Surrey, UK
Small world!

He now has an Integra Type R that he wants to do track days in, it's broken and with Mr honda at the moment (new clutch needed) so I said he can come with me and drive a real car

Hopefully he will get the bug and want to do more.

I'll mention to him that you've offered to lend him one, sure he will still have your number.

Glad to hear the FB is going to get used, after 4 FD RX7s I've finally given up on them (for now) and looking forward to a reliable, trouble free year in a Honda. Fingers crossed!
Old 25 Feb 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2640539)   #8
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
If he doesn't have it, just PM me.

S.