Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Feb 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3372132)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Journey to Le Mans Trailer

Just found this posted on pistonheads thought people might like to see it

http://www.journeytolemans.com/
Old 25 Feb 2014, 20:56 (Ref:3372163)   #2
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks interesting .
Old 25 Feb 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3372172)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Sounds interesting too, with Ian McKellen doing the voice over! Although Jason Statham was not bad, having a Shakespearean actor/Gandalf doing the talking is much better!
Old 25 Feb 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3372180)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't understand what they are making, a film for cinema, a tv production???? Is it something I can see in Holland in autum?
Old 25 Feb 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3372190)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Sounds interesting too, with Ian McKellen doing the voice over! Although Jason Statham was not bad, having a Shakespearean actor/Gandalf doing the talking is much better!
I think you've got the wrong member of X-Men there Vince - it's Patrick Stewart.

I'm interested to watch anything like this. Although mr2 is right that it's quite vague in its intent. I wonder whether it will be an insightful fly-on-the-wall doc or just a vanity piece for Simon Dolan?
Old 25 Feb 2014, 22:27 (Ref:3372201)   #6
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Damn! I had my doubts! Voices are rather similar in my opinion. No biggie, Stewart is a class act too, so should be good!

Edit: so I got the Shakespeare part correct, or did Stewart also moonlight as Gandalf somewhere obscure?
Old 26 Feb 2014, 02:22 (Ref:3372248)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Boring trailer and the narration sounds really corny... maybe it's just the script of the trailer.

Also there is this unrelated doc project: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139320
Old 26 Feb 2014, 02:27 (Ref:3372249)   #8
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I don't understand what they are making, a film for cinema, a tv production???? Is it something I can see in Holland in autum?
I think something closer to latter one... ITV is the tv partner and looks like this doesn't even have a named director (can't see anywhere on the website).
Old 27 Feb 2014, 01:10 (Ref:3372554)   #9
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
with Ian McKellen doing the voice over!
That was my first thought too! McKellen or Steward...or heck, even Statham again, if it's a Le Mans movie, I'm in.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 07:28 (Ref:3372623)   #10
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This looks like a new Le Mans movie.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3372722)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Simon Dolan's Journey to LMP race driver at Le Mans...
I'll have to watch it, I guess.
I wonder if their class win at Spa 24, in a Vantage N24, will be included?