Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Feb 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3366169)   #1
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amateur photography 1969 Le Mans 24 Hours

I stumbled upon this through a Le Mans Tumblr blog that I follow, some absolutely fantastic images here which I couldn't NOT share.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zantafi...th/4985913331/

Enjoy!
Old 9 Feb 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3366171)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wonderful stuff! Thanks Dave.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 21:25 (Ref:3366186)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic photos!
Old 9 Feb 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3366195)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Wonderful!
Most of the people on my facebook list who like this kind of beauty are also on here, but I will share it nonetheless! Excellent timecapsule!

Last edited by vincegail; 9 Feb 2014 at 22:04.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3366227)   #5
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, own up, who runs the Porsche_LMP1_Fans Twitter account? Just tweeted the same link

I could post a link for some reason earlier, but my favourite are the shots at the end with the gendarmerie forming a human chain to keep the crowds at bay.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3366230)   #6
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's no secret that Ten-Tenths has a lot of prominent visitors who doesn't always have a membership, but still follow our debates
Old 9 Feb 2014, 22:45 (Ref:3366239)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope they don't follow the TUSSC threads.......
Old 10 Feb 2014, 01:04 (Ref:3366256)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
These are stunning. Thank you very much for sharing!
Old 10 Feb 2014, 01:07 (Ref:3366258)   #9
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tell you what, whoever this is got some absolute gems in '66 too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zantafi...7624443562520/

I was just about to go to bed but these are addictive. You're there.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 01:57 (Ref:3366266)   #10
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woa these are awesome!

Thank you for posting.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 07:28 (Ref:3366345)   #11
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Tell you what, whoever this is got some absolute gems in '66 too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zantafi...7624443562520/

I was just about to go to bed but these are addictive. You're there.
Wow - hadn't seen those. Incredible.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3366381)   #12
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
Oh my.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/zantafio56/sets/

There's more - Le Mans 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973 and 1974 – plus the German GP 1968 (Nordschleife) and the 1968 French GP at Rouen.

Old 10 Feb 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3366453)   #13
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Oh my indeed. Fantastic photos covering perhaps the greatest period at Le Mans. Trying not to drool like an idiot over my keyboard. Many thanks for posting the links.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3366533)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I know it's not Le Mans, but I love those Rouen shots. Like Reims and the old Spa, I have a fascination with circuits that have disappeared. Particularly Rouen which the locals seem to have wanted to totally erase from memory........
Old 10 Feb 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3366558)   #15
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of these are truly amazing!
Old 10 Feb 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3366569)   #16
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Truly amazing. I don't have words to express how great those albums are.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3366598)   #17
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I know it's not Le Mans, but I love those Rouen shots. Like Reims and the old Spa, I have a fascination with circuits that have disappeared. Particularly Rouen which the locals seem to have wanted to totally erase from memory........
Exactly what I though, too - especially after reading the speedhunters article on the track.
Old 11 Feb 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3366894)   #18
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brilliant work, thanks for that!
Old 15 Feb 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3368682)   #19
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great pics. But that old pit straight set up was insane, wasn't it? Mind you, so was the rest of the track.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3368917)   #20
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We all know this was an amazing period of racing. But there's something very special about seeing fan's-eye photography from a different era. Like G4J says it puts you right there which old professional stuff from the image archives can't quite achieve.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3368922)   #21
stevy99
Rookie

stevy99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These are fantastic, thanks for posting!
Old 16 Feb 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3368984)   #22
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dave, you have found a real treasure.

I like the photos of the pit-lane with all these human clusters above the pits ; it reminds me good old times before the new building.

Many trees and people in the esse at Tertre-Rouge

This picture of Ferrari in 1973 is magic, it looks like a Rembrandt.

The way Marie-Claude Beaumont is looking at the sky, near her Corvette.

And here is what I would like to see if I had a time machine.