Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Oct 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2556159)   #51
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Possibly Primetime.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2556251)   #52
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's likely a team that didn't return to GAARA for 2009.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 00:37 (Ref:2556286)   #53
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Tucker/Supercarlife just spent a ton of money on GA equipment. If they go LMPC-racing it will be an addition, not a replacement.

As for Krohn - destroying the chassis at the Daytona test should not be an issue, as the team owns a third car.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2556298)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Tucker/Supercarlife just spent a ton of money on GA equipment. If they go LMPC-racing it will be an addition, not a replacement.

As for Krohn - destroying the chassis at the Daytona test should not be an issue, as the team owns a third car.
I'm trying to picture a fluorescent green lmpc car....
might be nice to see that shade again
Old 14 Oct 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2561364)   #55
mz2k
Racer

United States
mz2k has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Marshall Pruett has this tidbit:

Quote:
IMSA’s goal of increasing their prototype car count recently received a boost as the first three LMPC cars have been sold – expect an announcement from a veteran owner/crew chief later this month on his two-car team. I’m not sure when the other team will announce. I’ve also heard three more cars are nearing sale. After subtracting the Fernandez Racing P2 Acura, and possibly de Ferran’s P1 Acura (Gil is non-committal on his plans for 2010) it’s still a gain of one P-car at this point. How that changes for the better or worse will be known in the coming months.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...tint-1013//P2/
Old 14 Oct 2009, 16:17 (Ref:2561391)   #56
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Murphy seems to be reporting at least one sale of a LMPC car so far, and could it be to a former GA team?
The one I know of is NOT a former GA team.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2562974)   #57
vancecooley
Rookie

United States
United States
vancecooley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz2k View Post
I thought the Fernandez P2 car had been sold? Or someone was interested in buying? I don't have the link that I read that on unfortunately.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 22:00 (Ref:2562993)   #58
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the 2 car team will be Comprent Motorsports, according to Murphy.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 22:05 (Ref:2562997)   #59
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancecooley View Post
I thought the Fernandez P2 car had been sold? Or someone was interested in buying? I don't have the link that I read that on unfortunately.
Strakka bought it, they are selling their Zytek on DSC.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2563025)   #60
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
No more than a year ago Strakka switched from GT1 to P1 and now to P2... apparently they have big budgets to spend...?

Just only a few days back Strakka confirmed that they had signed a new long-term contract with Danny Watts... but maybe that's incoherent...

Old 17 Oct 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2563115)   #61
vancecooley
Rookie

United States
United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
So... here's what I have so far...
LMP-
2 Dyson
Cytosport
Strakka
Any of the radicals?
De Ferran (maybe)
Highcroft
Audi (maybe)
Drayson
Intersport
Autocon

LMPC
6 cars sold..
Am I missing anything from the LMP ranks?
Old 17 Oct 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2563116)   #62
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
LMP-
Strakka
Strakka are running the Acura in Europe.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2563139)   #63
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who owns Strakka these days?
Old 17 Oct 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2563261)   #64
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am pretty sure that what ever they run, it is not an LMPC in the ALMS.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 17 Oct 2009 at 15:07.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2563265)   #65
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
LMP-
2 Dyson
Cytosport
Strakka
Any of the radicals?
De Ferran (maybe)
Highcroft
Audi (maybe)
Drayson
Intersport
Autocon

LMPC
6 cars sold..
Am I missing anything from the LMP ranks?

This is a list of LMPC teams? I think not. You might try that here... http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117708

L.P.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2563293)   #66
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
This is a list of LMPC teams? I think not. You might try that here... http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117708
RIF - It specifies in his list exactly which ones are LMP's and LMP-C's. This pedantic superiorism is getting a bit old.
Old 17 Oct 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2563319)   #67
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
RIF - It specifies in his list exactly which ones are LMP's and LMP-C's. This pedantic superiorism is getting a bit old.
Ahh, did I upset the applecart by wanting to talk about what the thread is about, and pointing out where the list in its entirety would be more appropriate? And unlike some, I did not feel that attacking the poster was an appropriate reaction. So who here is showing a superiorism bent with their post...

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 17 Oct 2009 at 18:41.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 02:01 (Ref:2563477)   #68
vancecooley
Rookie

United States
United States
well it's good to be here, but no need to fight. I thought it was appropriate since we were discussing the Fernandez car and also the amount of LMP C cars... unless I missed something.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2563956)   #69
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
No more than a year ago Strakka switched from GT1 to P1 and now to P2... apparently they have big budgets to spend...?

Just only a few days back Strakka confirmed that they had signed a new long-term contract with Danny Watts... but maybe that's incoherent...

From what I can tell from the new reports Strakka never owned the P1 car, they had it on lease from Ginetta-Zytec. That probably makes it easier to go to a different car next year.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2564020)   #70
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
From what I can tell from the new reports Strakka never owned the P1 car, they had it on lease from Ginetta-Zytec. That probably makes it easier to go to a different car next year.
That also explains why it's Zytek who are selling the car.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2564050)   #71
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Who knows, maybe the FLM cars will be allowed too?
The only cars that will be accepted for entry are those purchased from Panoz Motorsports Group.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2564058)   #72
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiastraps View Post
Now that they have mentioned the actual cost of the LMPC chassis, what would be the yearly budget difference between buying a used P1 or P2 and going for the overall win in 2010 vs. running LMPC? i.e. like an Intersport team vs. an LMPC effort… Does anyone know the economics of this?
With tax and delivery, the LMPC costs $450,000. Intersport or another team can find LMP1/2 for a similar cost. Dyson picked up a Lola Mazda coupe, complete, for a little over $600K.

Operating costs are put by the ALMS (they've published a spreadsheet) right at $1 million for a nine-race season plus the January test at Sebring.

Everyone who I've talked to in the sport who knows about such things says that is unrealistically low. To start, it doesn't amortize anything for the car purchase, lowballs damage and spares cost, and includes no cost for overhead (acquistion, maintenance of shops, tools, transporter, etc.) Also driver costs are not included in the estimate, and most expect that one pro driver will be in the car partnering the one (required) "gentleman" driver in order to be competitive. These are factors that have also played into the understating of Grand Am DP costs.

It appears the biggest difference from "full LMP" will be in annual engine costs.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2564119)   #73
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
Who owns Strakka these days?
Peter Hardman... but back in june it was reported that he will leave and is making plans to hand over the reins of Strakka Racing and also that he is in negotiations with an 'undisclosed' buyer...

Old 18 Oct 2009, 23:04 (Ref:2564126)   #74
italiastraps
Rookie

italiastraps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
With tax and delivery, the LMPC costs $450,000. Intersport or another team can find LMP1/2 for a similar cost. Dyson picked up a Lola Mazda coupe, complete, for a little over $600K.

Operating costs are put by the ALMS (they've published a spreadsheet) right at $1 million for a nine-race season plus the January test at Sebring.

Everyone who I've talked to in the sport who knows about such things says that is unrealistically low. To start, it doesn't amortize anything for the car purchase, lowballs damage and spares cost, and includes no cost for overhead (acquistion, maintenance of shops, tools, transporter, etc.) Also driver costs are not included in the estimate, and most expect that one pro driver will be in the car partnering the one (required) "gentleman" driver in order to be competitive. These are factors that have also played into the understating of Grand Am DP costs.

It appears the biggest difference from "full LMP" will be in annual engine costs.

Fernandez almost won Laguna in a P2 car that wasn't "supposed" to.

2010 seems like a great year for a team to buy an older P1 or P2 car and go for overall honors. It seems like fielding a car that has the potential to win the race would be far more attractive to sponsors in these tough times and might offset the difference between a LMPC and P car program.

I would think some teams would have to be looking at this.
Old 23 Oct 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2567942)   #75
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Intersport has officially become the first LMPC team.