Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 21 May 2002, 18:11 (Ref:291722)   #51
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
. . . and by the way . . .

I'm still finding this issue a difficult one to accept.

The Dr. was a character all right, also a knowledgeable race fan and while he was here contributing to this forum and being a valuable member, he did offer a gamete of scenarios: On one hand he rubbed many the wrong way, on the other, he made others like me just laugh, shrug, ignore him or read intently with great interest to what he had to say.

As in any family or group of friends, there are moments when discussions may get heated. In our case, in a forum where communication is dictated by typing and pressing the "reply" button, we do just that. This way we have a very important option - that of not replying if you feel that it's no longer worth it -- and just go to another thread or stay on the same one and completely ignore the other (in this case as an example, Dr Austin).

He never insulted someone and if something was taken as an insult he was quick to apologize . . . any way, I'm getting repetitive here, I have said this already.

I have said it before, but I believe that threads are not hijacked, you allow them to be hijacked by acknowledging and responding to the hijacker.

. . . any way, like in all families we have disagreements and like in all families, some have senior authority, specially if we are visiting their home.
Old 21 May 2002, 18:42 (Ref:291755)   #52
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i always thought Dr. Austin was a hugely funny guy and very intelligent member of the forum. we talk about paper-thin arguments, well his arguments could be wrong but he always backed it up - it was never one word arguments. i suppose however the mods did their bit correctly and he must have done something seriously wrong. never mind.

i think we've either lost a valued and missed member of the forum, or we have ridded ourselves of a problem.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 22 May 2002, 14:05 (Ref:292607)   #53
enzo
Racer

enzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dr. A was a somewhat knowledgable race fan who had a way too big opinion of his knowledge, and would flame anyone who dared to post anything that contradicted his claim, even posts by people who were eye witnesses and actual participants of the matter being "discussed".

His flaming included a vitriolic attack on myself personally - not the post - that I ignored (helped by the fact that I was off-line for about a week while thrashing at the Speedway), as well as flameouts of other posters.

I for one won't miss him at all!
Old 22 May 2002, 17:33 (Ref:292786)   #54
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, I think this topic has run it's course. As has been stated previously, and again in this topic, we are not prepared to engage in public debate on the reasons for the removal of a forum member's posting rights.

If you have an issue with this then please visit the topic started by Redneck on the issue of the way the forum is run:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=22921
Closed Thread