Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 24 May 2004, 16:54 (Ref:981531)   #51
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In the F1 forum there is room for discussion, whether it's pro or anti-F1.

The same thing could happen in a "US Single Seaters" forum which could discuss Champ Car, IRL, IPS, Toyota Atlantic etc.

The current arrangement promotes an "us and them" mentality, which appeals to a small number of people who can't see the wood from the trees.

Most racing fans enjoy a lot of series and don't continually think one is better than the other.

Most racing fans don't think you have to love CART and hate IRL or vice versa.

Merge the IRL and Champ Car forums - end the pettiness.

I've no vested interest, I like both series and would be quite happy to moderate on such a combined forum.
Old 24 May 2004, 17:10 (Ref:981553)   #52
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Thank-you for your opinion, Snout. Quite interesting. I don't visit any other forums, but it is my impression that there are already enough "cheerleading" forums out there. Perhaps the existence of a "clinical debate" is something that sets 10T's apart from the others?

Kicking-back, you are a braver man than I.
Old 24 May 2004, 19:31 (Ref:981759)   #53
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a genuine offer.

I'd seriously like to become involved.
Old 24 May 2004, 23:00 (Ref:981967)   #54
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Kicking-back:

First I think it is brave AND good of you to offer to moderate. I lack both the time and the patience (plus Wrex's bat is so far away, by the time I borrowed it I would have forgotten why I needed it!).

I liked your comments about the F1 Forum - it is extremely free-wheeling at times and that is what makes it so entertaining. I sometimes just read the threads without posting.

Snout - your assessment is a good point also - while I am not looking for "clubhouse" so to speak there is an element of shared enthusiasm for the sport in general that is missing imho.

Hope you don't forsake us entirely as I found your posts to be good contributions to the discussion at hand.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 25 May 2004, 02:04 (Ref:982086)   #55
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back

Merge the IRL and Champ Car forums - end the pettiness.

Iirc, the reason that the IRL and Champ Car forums are separate is because when they were a merged forum, it was a battle field and the idea was to separate them to make things easier.

If this is incorrect, and anyone knows of a different reason as to why the forum was split, please feel free to correct me. :confused:
Old 25 May 2004, 03:19 (Ref:982132)   #56
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Macdaddy I believe if Ten Tenths CC forum wants to be good hard debate then it will do fine. That will attract new members while others may leave prefering a different vibe. Forums change and grow along the way.

John you hit it on the head when you said there is an element of shared enthusiasm for the sport in general that is missing. I believe that it's fair to point out the shortcomings of the CCWS and it goes a long way to forum harmony if things done well by the CCWS are also pointed out.

Thanks for your kind words, I had a good run in the CC forum here, found out a lot of infomation I wouldn't have found otherwise and if the small forum I'm involved with now were to close I would likely revert back here.
Old 25 May 2004, 14:19 (Ref:982578)   #57
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As for me....

I've made it clear on both Forums, and especially Champ Cars, that I love and watch both Series....and I refuse to let people or personalities (whether it is the leadership of the respective Series, or the members of a Forum) get in the way of:

1. My enjoyment of Open-Wheel Racing

2. Stating my honest opinions or feelings on a given issue...diplomatically and respectful of others' opinions, but if I disagree, or feel that a statement is absurd, I will say so, and why......

3. Taking an objective look at the state of this form of racing, and the "Big Issues" and airing them out....I don not own, nor will I ever own, a set of "Rose-Colored Glasses"....

I even went as far as to state the above very recently when someone "suggested" that I take my opinions to "the other Forum" and made it clear that I will not go away unless I am deemed to be in violation of the Forum's rules and asked by a moderator to cease and desist...

Finally...

The reson why I enjoy 10/10ths so much (especially the Sportscars & GT Forum -- My Favorite!) is because the atmosphere is NOT a "cheerleading" session, and that real "meat and potatoes" issues concerning the sport are discussed in a cilized manner...right along with the racing itself....

I am a big-time gear head....I want to talk about new specs or engine rules, the future direction a sport needs to consider if it is going to grow and prosper, and the things one form of racing can learn from another to broaden their scope and to increase fan and sponsor support...in addition to the race competition on the track itself...

I like the way 10/10ths Forums dive head-first into these issues...

But if people on a Forum don't like the way I "Call 'em as I see 'em -- warts and all" but in a tone that is not a personal attack or offensive, they will just have to "pass over" my posts....

Because I will still be there.....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 May 2004, 17:04 (Ref:982760)   #58
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
...And you will still be welcome there...
The staff are going to be clamping down on the issues that have been raised here. Should anybody feel that they have been unfairly branded, we ask that you not hesitate in using the "warn" button. Provided there is no trolling going on, (which there hasn't been), everybody's just gonna have to start getting along. Or at least biting their tongues. People who suggest that other members leave the CC forum and go to the IRL, may in fact find themselves being asked to leave the CC forum.
This is not to suggest that it's "open season" for discussing IndyCar on the ChampCar board, as this is certainly frowned upon and also will not be tolerated. But it's okay to discuss any aspect of CC, be that pro or con. Not everything smells like roses.
Old 26 May 2004, 01:42 (Ref:983295)   #59
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
macdaddy, I have not had a problem with the way the rules have been applied so far and I am sure I will not in the future.

What I am really looking forward to is talking about open wheel racing!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 26 May 2004, 06:31 (Ref:983428)   #60
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to second macdaddy's post.

Guys we have two series for various reasons and we here at ten tenths have 2 seperate forums for obvious reasons.

thats just the way it is so lets enjoy each forum for what it is
Old 28 May 2004, 21:06 (Ref:986691)   #61
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
I'd like to second macdaddy's post.

Guys we have two series for various reasons and we here at ten tenths have 2 seperate forums for obvious reasons.

thats just the way it is so lets enjoy each forum for what it is

I think the moderators have done a superb job on those forums....that to all of you for doing a very "thankless" job...

We appreciate it...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 29 May 2004, 06:27 (Ref:986921)   #62
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
On behalf of everybody involved, thank-you for that.