Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Sep 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2548116)   #26
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
I thought they did as well- from memory, during their ownership of Rover there was some talk of BMW reviving the Riley and Autin Healey names?
BMW has the rights to Austin but not Healey. The Healey name rights still belong to the family.
Old 29 Sep 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2550862)   #27
Francesco
Racer

Italy
Lecco, Italy
Francesco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-Shadow / UOP liveried, LMP GT1 Chevy engine
-Lister / Newcastle livery LMP GT2 Jag engine
-OSCA / small GT4ish car i bet Stirling Moss would become mad
Old 29 Sep 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2550890)   #28
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
OSCA
Old 30 Sep 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2551247)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, Panoz will be gone after this year, so I say Panoz.
Old 30 Sep 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2551281)   #30
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have written an e-mail to mr. Henri Pescarolo, asking him if it would be possible to join with Matra MS, in 2011, to build a new LMP1 with hybrid technology.
Matra designes and developes electric vehicles, so they've got several years experience in this field. Pescarolo is the personification of Matra epopea, so it would be interesting this kind of operation.
Matra is a branch of french Lagardère Group, involved in aerospace and defense technology, telecommunications and many other high technology fields.
They could help Pescarolo/Sora to design a new P1, to face Audi and peugeot with an innovative technology.
This may bring to Pescarolo and matra a lot of interest from media and sponsors, giving to Pescarolo Sport a chance to challenge manufacturers, because Matra may help Henri's team with new capitals injection.
Is this fanta-endurance?
Maybe, but I'm a dreamer!
If you agree with me, send a message to Pescarolo.
Life is too short, you have to try!
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 9 Oct 2009, 04:17 (Ref:2557218)   #31
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see the Liebre II - Tornado:

A modified street car that had basically standard elements, a 6 cilinder 4 liter engine and in 1967 was 4 seconds off Jean Pierre Beltoises Matra in the Buenos Aires track.

BTW, the men in charge of that project were Oreste Berta and Heriberto Pronello.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 04:23 (Ref:2557220)   #32
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And also the Berta LR - Cosworth:

http://www.porsche917.com.ar/bertalr/

Another exploit of a bunch of intelligent and bright people vs. big budgeted teams in the 60s / 70s
Old 9 Oct 2009, 06:52 (Ref:2557268)   #33
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Seeing the footage of the De Ferran Acura running at Laguna Seca with the big grumbling Chapparals makes a compelling case for seeing them back.

A lovely outfit that continually looked to innovate their way into success.
Old 9 Oct 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2557429)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd also love to see the Chaparalls back but Jim Hall left for his reasons and i don't believe that any of his thoughts have changed. would be awesome, tho.

Panoz LMPs or some other front American engined prototype
Jag/Lister LMP
the Cadilac LMPs were slick as well
I like the old Shadows as well
KUDZU!

bring 'em all back!
Old 10 Oct 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2558299)   #35
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Are Kudzu the guys who built a 2 stroke V12 out of Snowmobiles? Yeah, that would be cool...
Old 10 Oct 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2558376)   #36
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm surprised at some of the names being thrown around. A modern day Mirage or Matra would only have the badge in common with the 70s company. They most likely wouldn't race in the right livery because of sponsorship. It would just be Matra by name and not nature.

Manufactures are different in that the rivalries between them are very special, memorable and each manufacture always has very different characteristics. I'd love to see a straight fight between a manufacture from Britain, the US, Japan, Germany, France and Italy (like its going to happen!).

It would be fantastic to see Aston Martin, Corvette, Mazda, Renault, Porsche and Ferrari/Alfa Romeo/Maserati (either of those three!) racing against one another. But it won't happen.

If I had to chose three of those, I'd love an AM, Corvette and Renault dog fight for overall victory.
Old 10 Oct 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2558456)   #37
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Absolutely Ginger - it's all pie in the sky - but it doesn't do any harm to muse idly does it?
Old 10 Oct 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2558464)   #38
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Are Kudzu the guys who built a 2 stroke V12 out of Snowmobiles? Yeah, that would be cool...
No, but they were certainly in the ball park with noise potential!

Kudzu: Jim Downing, Downing Atalanta. Mazda Rotary, three and four rotor during run. GTP Lights and then WSC. Some had Buick V6.
Old 10 Oct 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2558532)   #39
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Absolutely Ginger - it's all pie in the sky - but it doesn't do any harm to muse idly does it?
Not in the slightest, but that was me saying "although I'm only 15 I'd be more fustrated than thrilled to see a re-badged LMP racing as a Matra".

Besides, I muse idly on this forum way, way too often .
Old 10 Oct 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2558536)   #40
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
No, but they were certainly in the ball park with noise potential!

Kudzu: Jim Downing, Downing Atalanta. Mazda Rotary, three and four rotor during run. GTP Lights and then WSC. Some had Buick V6.

Is this the car I'm thinking of? One of 3 entries in LMP2 along with the two WRs?

Don't shoot me if I got that wrong, I was 2 at the time. The class system at that time seemed in a bit of a muddle.
Old 10 Oct 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2558537)   #41
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post

Is this the car I'm thinking of? One of 3 entries in LMP2 along with the two WRs?

Don't shoot me if I got that wrong, I was 2 at the time. The class system at that time seemed in a bit of a muddle.
Yes, correct
Old 11 Oct 2009, 00:13 (Ref:2558593)   #42
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well it was LMP650 at the time, and in theory they had a chance at winning overall.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 00:14 (Ref:2558594)   #43
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Yes, correct
Woop woop one final clarification, was it not driven by Yijoro Terada?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2558599)   #44
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Yes, and Terada ran at Daytona with Kudzu also.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2558601)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
got to see Jim Downing run a Kudzu-Mazda (DLY?) at the Mitty/RoadATL a couple years ago and it is the loudest thing i have ever heard. good looking too.

very cool cars and Jim is based out of ATL, so i'm a bit biased.

Mulsanne Mike's, Downing/Kudzu archieve
Old 11 Oct 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2558608)   #46
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
I think Dennis Spencer owns now?
Downing and staff were super nice people when I dropped in years ago.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 00:34 (Ref:2558611)   #47
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Not in the slightest, but that was me saying "although I'm only 15 I'd be more fustrated than thrilled to see a re-badged LMP racing as a Matra".

Besides, I muse idly on this forum way, way too often .
From my personal perspective I guess the resurrection of BRM (and Allard to a lesser extent) probably show exactly what you're talking about, It's not the same team, and it's not the same spirit - even if BRM did try to make a clear linkage to what went before.

To whit, idly leafing through a Motor Sport from 1991, which featured extensively both BRM and March's sportscar plans, that there was a comment that "1992 seems set to be a classic year in sportscar racing" - which might qualify as most miguided statement of the year!
Old 11 Oct 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2558627)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I think Dennis Spencer owns now?
Downing and staff were super nice people when I dropped in years ago.
i thought Jim was behind the wheel when i saw the Kudzu last year, but looks like it was Scott Spencer, according to the archives. i guess there is a relation there?

Kudzu Pic at the Mitty historics races, with a Mazda powered R&S close behind.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2558666)   #49
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Earlier I said TVR, But I'd rather see Venturi or Lister back in racing.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2559384)   #50
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
GM.

Chris

Elaborate....GM is still racin' all over the place...won Le Mans this year...je ne comprende pas....

jimclark