Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 13 Aug 2001, 17:48 (Ref:129766)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What would you IMPROVE about 10-10ths???

Personally I think this is EASILY the best forum on the net with a wonderful community of people and a generally sound atmosphere.

However, is it perfect?? If not, what's wrong?? What can be changed?? What can be done better?? What do you wish didn't happen??

VERY IMPORTATNT POINT: this topic is NOT a "what's wrong with 10-10ths" OR a "why 10-10ths is ****". By all means highlight any greivances, but go FURTHER!! What would you do to RECTIFY the situation?? The title is "What would you IMPROVE about 10-10ths???", remember......

So come on, don't be shy!! Whatever you say will (hopefully) be beneficial!!
Old 13 Aug 2001, 18:55 (Ref:129800)   #2
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd quite like to see a system like the one in www.karting.co.uk where you can subscribe to various threads and see a list of them a bit like bookmarks. If you don't want your inbox to be cluttered up with notifications then it's pretty useful, and if you don't like it you can hide the list. Here's a screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	657  
Old 13 Aug 2001, 19:10 (Ref:129813)   #3
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This sounds a lot like some of the functionality in the "My Forum" section. Have you ever had a chance to check it out?
Old 13 Aug 2001, 19:16 (Ref:129815)   #4
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have now, thanks.
Old 13 Aug 2001, 19:52 (Ref:129835)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
To prevent this getting buried in the gravel trap - can a moderator move it to the feedback forum please ?
Old 13 Aug 2001, 20:12 (Ref:129860)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What, mr. Antill, have you de-"clerk-of-the-coursed" yourself?? You're now a mere veteran like the rest of us mortals?!
Old 13 Aug 2001, 20:17 (Ref:129867)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
We should be honoured, shouldn't we, R?
Old 13 Aug 2001, 20:31 (Ref:129879)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yes I have, R A number of reasons, but it's mainly due to the fact I am stepping aside from the webmaster's position anyway...
Old 13 Aug 2001, 22:49 (Ref:129954)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Gee Craig, if I was the retiring sheriff, I'd still keep my gun

Tristian, I can't think of anything particular, probably just more people on the BB with more opinions.

BTW, what have you come up with
Old 14 Aug 2001, 00:28 (Ref:129997)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
What would you IMPROVE about 10-10ths???
Get rid of the Holden fans to begin with!

Last edited by DNQ; 14 Aug 2001 at 00:32.
Old 14 Aug 2001, 02:28 (Ref:130052)   #11
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps I would like to be able to edit the posts I make. Personally I'm a very clumsy typer and I make a lot of mistakes....I've been that way for the past 13 years and It's unlikely that will ever change. I'm also "living in the clouds" so I sometimes forget to check some checkboxes and such. It would be nice if I could easily correct those mistakes (I know I should just pay more attention before posting but it's easyer said than done).

For instance, the other day I was posting a poll on the Armchair enthusiast but I forgot to check trhe "this is a poll" checkbox. When I realized my mistake I tried to edit the message to add the poll but I noticed that I couldn't do that from the edit window so I decided that it was best to delete the thread and re post it again but the server didn't allow me to delete it.

That would be the only the only thing I would change.

Ah yes!! I would also like to be the supreme ruler of the forum. Is that possible???
Old 14 Aug 2001, 09:01 (Ref:130167)   #12
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Free chocolate!!!!!
Old 14 Aug 2001, 10:30 (Ref:130199)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharky
Ah yes!! I would also like to be the supreme ruler of the forum. Is that possible???
I'm first in the queue for that one!
Old 14 Aug 2001, 16:08 (Ref:130361)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Gee Craig, if I was the retiring sheriff, I'd still keep my gun
Maybe this sheriff has grown tired of having to shoot the bad guys with it...
Old 15 Aug 2001, 01:39 (Ref:130584)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, that's a good thing. A sheriff who LIKED shooting bad guys would be a bad sheriff.
Old 15 Aug 2001, 16:20 (Ref:130820)   #16
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cue for music....."I shot the sheriff......"
Old 15 Aug 2001, 17:28 (Ref:130847)   #17
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it doesn't look like there are too many constructive comments in here. Does that mean that this is as good as it gets?

I find that what makes Ten-Tenths a great site is not so much the software (and functionality thereof), but it is the members. Specifically the wit and wisdom of those members (see above posts ). It's more about the quality of the discussions than the bells and whistles of the software. Probably the best thing that we can do is encourage more folks to join (as Wrex said) and work on maintaining the friendly atmosphere around here.
Old 15 Aug 2001, 18:06 (Ref:130860)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Emfa
Well, it doesn't look like there are too many constructive comments in here. Does that mean that this is as good as it gets?

I find that what makes Ten-Tenths a great site is not so much the software (and functionality thereof), but it is the members. Specifically the wit and wisdom of those members (see above posts ). It's more about the quality of the discussions than the bells and whistles of the software. Probably the best thing that we can do is encourage more folks to join (as Wrex said) and work on maintaining the friendly atmosphere around here.
I agree.
Old 15 Aug 2001, 20:39 (Ref:130940)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got it in one Emfa. It's the vast variety of people we have these forums, people from every part of the world, different types of people, smart ones daft ones(me!), and some that have a lot in common with each other. I just have to thank the people that make it possible, and hope Ten-Tenths doesn't dissapear into a big black hole.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 07:59 (Ref:131143)   #20
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooohhhh, badoer fan has a sensible suggestion

How about like a form you can fill in like 'recommend us to your friends' so they can find it and join too.

Last edited by badoer fan; 16 Aug 2001 at 08:00.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 11:01 (Ref:131195)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to encourage all the new people to write for the newsletter and Parc Ferme. You don't have to be a professional writer or Pulitzer Prize winner, just have something to tell us about a race you have attended or an aspect of racing that interests you - pilots you have met or pilots you have researched that you admire - and that includes Superbike and Speedway, tachnies and historics buffs as well as the NASCAR, Champ Car and F1 people. If you have an idea for an article or want to send us the finished article, we are at newsletter@ten-tenths.com

We have a lot of well-travelled and well informed people on this website - let's hear from more of you.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 19:07 (Ref:131374)   #22
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the forum - a real friendly lot but there is one bit of software that bugs me - this bit. It took ages and ages to load the newreply.

Could you stick all smilies at the bottom so that they can be loading as I am typing?
Old 16 Aug 2001, 19:26 (Ref:131377)   #23
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never have a problem with this. When I press "reply to this topic", the page loads very quickly. Is this something you suffer regularly? Does anyone else have this problem? I occasionally notice that the smilies and stars under user names are a bit slow loading when I commence to read a topic, but this is very rare. Other than that, I can't say I have any technical problems. If anything, the forum loads quicker than before.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 23:09 (Ref:131467)   #24
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the time the forum is very zippy, but, on occasion, it does slow down to a near-halt.

:confused:
Old 17 Aug 2001, 00:10 (Ref:131487)   #25
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could you pleaaaaaaaaaaase make it so that even I can attach a photograph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!