Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jun 2016, 08:25 (Ref:3655894)   #476
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure that a GT convergence will be possible, but will it be beneficial to all series such as Blancpain, Super GT, IMSA series, etc.?
Old 30 Jun 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3655938)   #477
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I don't see it happen.
Old 30 Jun 2016, 13:58 (Ref:3655942)   #478
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Funny how FIA and ACO sleep together in their Proto king bed but not in the GT queen one.
Old 30 Jun 2016, 19:40 (Ref:3656003)   #479
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Funny how FIA and ACO sleep together in their Proto king bed but not in the GT queen one.
Because there's another knight in town, SRO?
Old 30 Jun 2016, 23:30 (Ref:3656027)   #480
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The 2016 WEC GTE-Pro class has just seven full-time entries. And now they want a separate GT championship? Which manufacturers would join it?

Honestly I don't see a 20-car grid of LMGTE cars in the next few years. Too much expense and too little return.
Old 1 Jul 2016, 19:33 (Ref:3656163)   #481
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a huge GT fan, but this idea won't work (again). I think Ratels proposal wich included basically three races (the current world trophy is derived from this idea) was better. Use GT3 machinery already present in the country. Example; one race is held at Watkins Glen. Manufacturers who will compete, can simply borrow cars from teams in the US, instead of shipping their own.
I think they could get 10-12 constructors in on that.
Old 1 Jul 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3656168)   #482
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SRO also mentions that a GT World Championship is lacking that marquee event. And then I think "Bathurst" to myself, heh.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 08:30 (Ref:3656218)   #483
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
SRO also mentions that a GT World Championship is lacking that marquee event. And then I think "Bathurst" to myself, heh.
Same here. Three events around the world? Bathurst and Spa are obvious, but where to go in the Americas? Sebring, Road America, Watkins Glen, Mexico, Interlagos, San Luis? Or something else?
My own vote would go to Watkins Glen.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3656221)   #484
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watkins Glen would be a tough one as IMSA holds that track and the 6 hour race there. In an ideal world. IMSA would allow SRO to race their with the Blancpain regulars.

Meanwhile, I wonder if SRO will take over the 24H series?
Old 2 Jul 2016, 11:27 (Ref:3656230)   #485
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I thought Ratel's comment was funny if he doesn't consider Spa 24h as such event, but if it supposed to be a sprint only series then it is a non-starter. As are Bathurst 12h and Watkins 6h, if the latter one is much of a thing anyway.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3656262)   #486
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post

Meanwhile, I wonder if SRO will take over the 24H series?
Why should they?

And more importantly: Why should Creventic be willing to sell?!
Old 2 Jul 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3656276)   #487
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Why should they?

And more importantly: Why should Creventic be willing to sell?!
I'm just asking... It's not like Mr. Ratel is serious on buying that series!
Old 2 Jul 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3656283)   #488
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Cerventic seems to fair well anyways. SRO will take care of FFSA though.
Am I alone in thinking that GT3 racing is becoming a tad generic? The formula they have is working very well, but honestly, some outside the box events would be nice. BPR once started as street racing. Why not a tarmac rally?
Old 2 Jul 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3656286)   #489
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
Cerventic seems to fair well anyways. SRO will take care of FFSA though.
Am I alone in thinking that GT3 racing is becoming a tad generic? The formula they have is working very well, but honestly, some outside the box events would be nice. BPR once started as street racing. Why not a tarmac rally?
I'd love a Targa event on the Isle of Man TT course... or for that matter, just bring back the actual Targa Florio.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 17:47 (Ref:3656292)   #490
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raquel dreams the return to San luis and recreating the GT1 with Pagani Zonda, McLaren P1 GTR, LaFerrari, Porsche 918 Spyder, Aston Martin Vulcan, Lamborghini Veneno ou Koenigsegg.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ste...enie-pour-sro/
Old 3 Jul 2016, 02:24 (Ref:3656381)   #491
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Raquel dreams the return to San luis and recreating the GT1 with Pagani Zonda, McLaren P1 GTR, LaFerrari, Porsche 918 Spyder, Aston Martin Vulcan, Lamborghini Veneno ou Koenigsegg.

Question was "What is your dream?", so...
Old 3 Jul 2016, 04:10 (Ref:3656392)   #492
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post

There's nothing wrong with dreaming of a GT1 racing series, but then again it's reserved to amateurs who wanted to show off and go club racing!

On the other hand, I would like to see GT3 cars racing in Isle of Man TT or even Pikes Peak Hillclimb Event for that matter!
Old 3 Jul 2016, 18:09 (Ref:3656660)   #493
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Use GT3 machinery already present in the country. Example; one race is held at Watkins Glen. Manufacturers who will compete, can simply borrow cars from teams in the US, instead of shipping their own.
I think they could get 10-12 constructors in on that.
Exactly. Gt3 teams won't travel around the world, so let's use local teams.

Quote:
where to go in the Americas? Sebring, Road America, Watkins Glen, Mexico, Interlagos, San Luis? Or something else?
I'd split the Petit Le Mans into a prototype race and a GT race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I'd love a Targa event on the Isle of Man TT course... or for that matter, just bring back the actual Targa Florio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I would like to see GT3 cars racing in Isle of Man TT or even Pikes Peak Hillclimb Event for that matter!
Old 3 Jul 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3656664)   #494
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stéphane Ratel
nous dévoilerons une date supplémentaire de l’Intercontinental GT Challenge
Nordschleife? A street race? A road race?
Old 6 Jul 2016, 19:36 (Ref:3657326)   #495
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Same here. Three events around the world? Bathurst and Spa are obvious, but where to go in the Americas? Sebring, Road America, Watkins Glen, Mexico, Interlagos, San Luis? Or something else?
This is a thing this year; SRO's Intercontinental GT Challenge which is Bathurst, the Blancpain 6 Hours of America at COTA (which was cancelled in this inaugural year because of complications on the SRO's side), and Sepang.
Old 6 Jul 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3657341)   #496
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
This is a thing this year; SRO's Intercontinental GT Challenge which is Bathurst, the Blancpain 6 Hours of America at COTA (which was cancelled in this inaugural year because of complications on the SRO's side), and Sepang.

I like the concept I just wonder how much it's noticeable at already well established events like Bathurst and Spa.

Like does anyone really care about who wins the intercontinental challenge segment

Not dying they are all brilliant races though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jul 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3658560)   #497
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://sportscar365.com/gt/fia-propo...lks-to-resume/

Mostly same as in the AMuS article (referenced here too) and new comments manufacturers.
Old 12 Jul 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3658567)   #498
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
http://sportscar365.com/gt/fia-propo...lks-to-resume/

Mostly same as in the AMuS article (referenced here too) and new comments manufacturers.
interesting comments of Laurent Mercier in Endurance -Info

*Ferrari and Porsche are still waiting for a true world title GTE , which Audi has so far refused.
*Paddock rumors , Bentley, BMW, Jaguar, Lamborghini and McLaren in GTE way.
*FIA wants a World GT Championship, Pierre Fillon and Gérard Neveu prefer to have a real world GT title in the WEC.
*Others argue that the LM P1 can be replaced by much more extreme GT that could cause pride in future technologies. The Green GT H2 Speed is the perfect example.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...sur-les-rails/
Old 12 Jul 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3658575)   #499
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the GT World Championship meant to remove GT from WEC so that it is Proto only? Allowing LMP1, LMP2, LMP3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jul 2016, 19:08 (Ref:3658584)   #500
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So 2 championships? The WEC with P1, P2, P3 and the GT with GT3 and GT4? I like the idea, the regulations are what can make it good or not.

The GT Championship could be interesting if they can do a good mix of sprint and endurance races.