Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Jun 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3910035)   #751
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Definitely. I just wish she'd stay in the pits. Anyone know why Joe B wasn't in the pits yesterday?
He was in the pits during the Road To Le Mans race, and was reporting from various hospitality suites earlier in the afternoon.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3910072)   #752
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The fenders are at each corner because the wing is out back.

Also, Shea is Canadian.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3910133)   #753
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Definitely. I just wish she'd stay in the pits. Anyone know why Joe B wasn't in the pits yesterday?
I had to work
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3910134)   #754
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A Canadian that gets cold in Florida and is a decent pitlane reporter.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3910135)   #755
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I had to work
That was what I thought too! Joe B? Um, he's in BR!

The fake Joe B, Joe Bradley, does the Mitty PA at Road Atlanta and I love it!
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3910143)   #756
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shea is a great pit lane reporter. In the booth it doesn't quite gel as well.

RLM has fallen behind the official stream in terms of quality. That's the first time that's ever happened. But competition is what improves the quality, so I expect they will react.

If the ACO ever decides to do an FM broadcast of the official stream commentary then things will change very fast.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3910164)   #757
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Proto Challenge race at VIR last year, Jeremy was reading the starting positions from a list, while Shea sat next to him, not interrupting. The race actually started while he was still going through the names, yet she still said nothing. When he was finally done and the racing already well underway, he looked up to the screen ad said confusingly "... the race has already started..." to which Shea merely replied "Yes!". It was extremely awkward and poorly handed, one really does needs the ability to act when you're in the booth.

Anyway yes she's fine doing interviews, mostly annoying in the booth. Same when she was in the class preview podcasts, seemingly praising every single driver of every team and telling how interesting and hungry for success they are...
Old 14 Jun 2019, 15:11 (Ref:3910165)   #758
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
For this year - mix the ACO TV booth squad (plus Trussers and Jonny Palmer from RLM) with RLM's pitlane reporters and you've got the perfect commentary crew...
Old 14 Jun 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3910187)   #759
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The ACO gang is pretty amazing this year I agree.

Nick Daman is funny so I would have him in the pits but otherwise...

Last edited by Deleted; 14 Jun 2019 at 18:15.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3910596)   #760
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have an alternative link for RLM? http://radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php has RS1 streaming silence for half an hour now...
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3910601)   #761
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is anyone else having trouble with the RLM player today?

I'm not getting anything on the RS1 channel. RS2 is working, but it is a replay of an IMSA race.

I've depended on RLM for years, and it worked all week, but not today. Is there an alternative way to listen to RLM?

- Jeff
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:33 (Ref:3910606)   #762
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just realized there is an easy alternative to the RLM player:

Go to the RLM studio cam!

https://t.co/RSrgU2Gixj

- Jeff
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3910609)   #763
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eve has kindly replied to my tweet suggesting that.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3910615)   #764
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
The RLM player is now working here (Ohio, USA).

- Jeff
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3910616)   #765
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On my mobile, had to use NewPipe to play in the background, but the webstream is back, thankfully.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3910617)   #766
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post
The RLM player is now working here (Ohio, USA).

- Jeff
Woo. Same here. Further east than you, FWIW.

Came back briefly for 2s and now, hopefully, permanently.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 01:06 (Ref:3911407)   #767
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
RLM has lost the ambient sound. It seemed almost perfect with the telly before.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3912211)   #768
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not a clue if sponsors of RLM read this, but what an excellent job this year, I take a deep bow. Enjoyed the whole broadcast. Hope it's back next year.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3912240)   #769
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another excellent job. To me, the TV broadcasters leave out all the important information so I always appreciate the RLM crew, especially Trusswell's wonky analysis.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3912243)   #770
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Couldn't agree more with posters above. Terrifc job RLM, really enjoyed it this year. Can't imagine a Le Mans without you guys. Keep it up!!
Old 16 Jun 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3912275)   #771
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin90 View Post
Couldn't agree more with posters above. Terrifc job RLM, really enjoyed it this year. Can't imagine a Le Mans without you guys. Keep it up!!
I'm 100% with you all on this.
Best Radio Le Mans 24 Hours edition ever, as far as I'm concerned.
Informative and entertaining.
Plaudits to all concerned.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 21:00 (Ref:3912283)   #772
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can really only enjoy the race while listening to RLM. People were complaining about the TV comms on here from time to time and I just couldn't figure out why they didn't have the radio stream on instead!

Top job by everyone involved.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3912293)   #773
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I was lazy and went with the eurosport commentary for matching noise and sound. They were unbearable. Getting the pictures from MT on demand to match the sound from RLM, it was sights and sounds form the Circuit de la Sarthe. Great job by all and a breath of fresh air compared to the ES commentary.

One minor complaint: Trussers sounded like he was stuck in a bunker in Normandy. Lower and muffled at times compared to the crisp sound from the others. Was he off site or just locked in the booth and feed caffeine and whatever else he takes to stay up?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 22:40 (Ref:3912310)   #774
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
RLM provided good safe harbour from Kirby-World.

Missed Jeremy Shaw though. Was Martin Haven anywhere?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 23:49 (Ref:3912324)   #775
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
RLM provided good safe harbour from Kirby-World.

Missed Jeremy Shaw though. Was Martin Haven anywhere?
I thought someone mentioning Martin as a part of one the teams on ES, but may be wrong.

And yeah, really like Jeremy's commentary.