Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Apr 2015, 02:35 (Ref:3522923)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
WEC 2015 Round 1: Silverstone

The 2015 season of the World Endurance Championship is almost ready to go. We start the season off at Silverstone again and will be treated to a tremendous battle between Porsche, Toyota, and Audi. Nissan is sitting the first two rounds out, but it will be an epic battle none the less for the top honors. Rebellion will also be sitting this one out, but Kolles will be there with an updated car. The LMP2 should be as close as usual and we finally get to see the debut of the Strakka Dome and the new Oreca 05! GT will also be close with Porsche, Ferrari, and Aston battling it out in the Pro category, while a Labre Corvette joins in for the AM action. I'm really getting excited for the season to kick off, and with the increased coverage in the US I hope to see the popularity of the WEC rise.

Schedule

Entry List

FRC

Weather

Old 2 Apr 2015, 04:37 (Ref:3522931)   #2
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on the official stream this year? The streams last year were fantastic.

Apparently Fox Sports is showing it on TV here in Aus but I'm not holding my breath considering it isn't in any TV guide at the moment.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 05:37 (Ref:3522938)   #3
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Based on what we have seen, I think Audi has this one in the bag. I think there will be a big fight for 3rd between Toyota and Porsche.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 05:47 (Ref:3522939)   #4
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Based on what we have seen, I think Audi has this one in the bag. I think there will be a big fight for 3rd between Toyota and Porsche.
If porsche can recover their energy allowance, they should win comfortably.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 06:15 (Ref:3522941)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A few cars missing with the withdrawls of Nissan and Rebellion but this will still be an amazing opener with no one knowing how the new cars are going to cope with actual race conditions, can't wait to get there in just over a week
Old 2 Apr 2015, 06:18 (Ref:3522943)   #6
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokata View Post
If porsche can recover their energy allowance, they should win comfortably.
Not according to Bernhard. This track suites "others" (Audi in particular) better than it does Porsche.

Porsche is still no up to speed on the twisty bits.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 06:35 (Ref:3522948)   #7
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to it a lot seeing how all the teams perform. Will there be a meeting place for Sunday morning?
Old 2 Apr 2015, 06:41 (Ref:3522950)   #8
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Not according to Bernhard. This track suites "others" (Audi in particular) better than it does Porsche.
Indeed, Porsche people (i.e., Timo Bernhard and Wolfgang Hatz) consider Audi the favorite for Silverstone.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-15033001.html
Old 2 Apr 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3522956)   #9
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Thanks Mr G. I had just finished reading that too. Porsche still has issues with tire-wear. Until that is sorted out (or drastically improved) race pace will suffer greatly.

Last edited by Spyderman; 2 Apr 2015 at 07:26. Reason: Corrected spelling of "Tire-Wear" due to popular demand.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 07:09 (Ref:3522957)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Looking forward to it a lot seeing how all the teams perform. Will there be a meeting place for Sunday morning?
I hope so, last year we\ all meet up in the stand at club around 11.00 what does everyone else think?
Old 2 Apr 2015, 07:16 (Ref:3522959)   #11
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think Toyota is the slight favorite here, not Audi. It will come down to tire wear and the stint pace. I think the test numbers at Paul Ricard are not much of a determining factor, but we'll see. I think lmp2 will be interesting to see with the Dome, Sard and new Oreca vs the established Ligier. In GTE, Aston Martin is my pick.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3522972)   #12
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We've only had 10 replies and already all three manufacturers have been described as the favourite...
Old 2 Apr 2015, 08:50 (Ref:3522977)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well it is going to be an open race, and that is how i like it, we do not want a run away winner but close racing and plenty of excitement
Old 2 Apr 2015, 09:09 (Ref:3522982)   #14
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope you are right HINGO about Aussie TV coverage of Silverstone (and hopefully the rest of the WEC inc Le Mans) . Perhaps todays announcement of Fox Sport US coverage points to something happening in Australian Fox Sports coverage.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 09:26 (Ref:3522986)   #15
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I hope so, last year we\ all meet up in the stand at club around 11.00 what does everyone else think?
I am attending on the Sunday. Not sure what time I'm arriving yet.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3523010)   #16
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
We've only had 10 replies and already all three manufacturers have been described as the favourite...
As far as speculation goes it isn't too much of a stretch to back any of the three manufacturers. They've all shown (in various ways) big improvements on last year.

I think it's safe to say that Silverstone will suit Audi more than other WEC tracks. However that's no guarantee that they will do well. If I had to pick a winner then I would plump for the #1 but I think and hope it will be too close to call.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 11:24 (Ref:3523015)   #17
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't lie that I have interest in the post-LM season, but the first two dress rehearsal races prior the big one will be very exciting as ever. And since we are pretty much guessing here who will have the ultimate power on ancient spirits, I'm gonna say... Porsche. For Silverstone. But it will be close between the three. Maybe when Nissan ultimately joins not so anymore...

For the weekend as whole, looking forward to seeing loads of AF Corse cars with SMP Racing stickers in them and people that I'm not sure are all employed by AF Corse around them!
Old 2 Apr 2015, 15:30 (Ref:3523103)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Updated participant figures tracker

Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:11 (Ref:3523152)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A miracle has happened!
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:21 (Ref:3523157)   #20
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This Round Audi ALL the way . Not sure at LM though
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3523158)   #21
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTE AM
Old 2 Apr 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3523162)   #22
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I don't say Porsche because 8mj (class) is a tough ask at this track. Audi was good last year but theyre top speed was not very good. Im just going by rumors, but if Toyota did a 1:36 at Ricard in private tests, that's awesome. A big part of that (possible 1:36) being amazing was they admitted they haven't run the low drag car before the prologue. So if that time is genuine, it had to be with the high d/f car.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3523171)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
A miracle has happened!
What do you mean?
Old 2 Apr 2015, 19:36 (Ref:3523178)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
What do you mean?
I think he saw the same press release I did. Something about Easter....
Old 2 Apr 2015, 21:22 (Ref:3523197)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps Adam has been given the day off......