Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 1 Feb 2002, 22:41 (Ref:208621)   #51
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
There are some glitches though. I was browsing the threads, clicked through an email notification, and all of the sudden the time changed to GMT (I have CET installed). I went to the Forum main page, and there it said I last visited on 20th August 2000, I was not logged in, yet my name was displayed on "Currently active users" :confused: (that last thing happened yesterday as well).
The same thing happened just now (only I didn't click through an email notification, I clicked on "Forums" at the top menu bar...), and I thought; hey, I didn't write that an hour ago! What is going on? Why does it work most of the time, and sometimes I seem to get an old cached version?
Old 1 Feb 2002, 22:49 (Ref:208629)   #52
The Accomplice
Rookie

The Accomplice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great look and more user friendly, thank you for your efforts.
Old 1 Feb 2002, 22:56 (Ref:208634)   #53
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like a cookie/session related problem, R. What settings do you have in your forum options/profile with relation to logging in/session tracking ?

If you do not have it set to remember your identity and to automatically log you back in as well as not to use cookies to track the session, you may encounter problems. If your session is broken then you will need to login again.

Clicking on the links in the flash menu at the top could result in the session being broken as these links do not track the session identifier. Similarly, clicking a link sent by email which does not contain the session identifier will break the session and you will be logged out.
Old 1 Feb 2002, 22:58 (Ref:208637)   #54
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One more thing... And I've just discovered it, I don't think I had the problem yesterday.

I rely notoriously on those handy email notifications, otherwise I'd be completely lost in the threads, and not know which replies I'd read and which I hadn't.

But - now there have been several replies by other users to threads I have posted in, without my receiving email notifications! That is, for some topics I'm receiving them, and for other topics I'm not! This seems to be a problem which have started tonight, as I've never noticed anything wrong about this before, and everything seemed to be OK yesterday, as well as earlier today.
Old 1 Feb 2002, 22:59 (Ref:208638)   #55
R
Veteran

Craig, thanks, I'll get back to you on the cookie thing, I'm off to watch rallying on Eurosport!
Old 2 Feb 2002, 05:56 (Ref:208722)   #56
R
Veteran

Craig, thanks for your answer. I checked my profile, and I had "no" on the question "Browse board with cookies?" That's probably it. I've changed it to "yes". Btw, is this a new question? I've never had this problem before.

Regarding the missing email notifications, I've found the obvious answer... This has of course occured on topics where I've only replied through the new Quick Reply feature. I have email notification by default, and never give it a second thought, but that's the obvious answer. Then comes the obvious question... : Is there any chance the email notification feature could be made user related, in that sense that if we've answered "yes" to this question in our profile, we will receive them even on topics where we've only replied with the Quick Reply? (I know I can click "Subscribe to this Thread", but that's so easy to forget doing.)
Old 2 Feb 2002, 06:41 (Ref:208737)   #57
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig - thanks for getting back to me about you know what. Hope the server problem is sorted - seems to be running well.
Have Fun
Old 2 Feb 2002, 06:43 (Ref:208740)   #58
R
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by R
I checked my profile, and I had "no" on the question "Browse board with cookies?" That's probably it. I've changed it to "yes".
Well, I did that, but it happened again, just now. Hmmmm... :confused:
Old 2 Feb 2002, 06:46 (Ref:208744)   #59
Crash and Burn
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by R

Well, I did that, but it happened again, just now. Hmmmm... :confused:
What internet explorer are you using?
If you are using IE6.0 then it will be bloking it because of the default settings on Cookie - if this is the case click on the cookies and set up ten-tenths.com to be allowed.
Old 2 Feb 2002, 09:52 (Ref:208767)   #60
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So that's why I was getting hardly any email notifications!!
(I usually get 15 emails from 10-Tenths alone when I come home everyday, yesterday I only had 3!)

It'd be good if we had that option for quick replys.
Old 2 Feb 2002, 12:20 (Ref:208826)   #61
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I would still hazard a guess at this being cookie/session related. Try what C&B suggested and checking that your browser is set to accept cookies. If not, then I don't really know what to suggest, as there's not hundreds of people on here with the same problem which is what tends to happen when it's a software problem this end.
Old 2 Feb 2002, 21:49 (Ref:209219)   #62
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The site looks great! Getting used to all the new stuff and love it! Raising wine glass to Craig
Old 2 Feb 2002, 22:22 (Ref:209256)   #63
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think all the 10-Tenths members should group together and get Craig a nice big barrel of beer!
Old 3 Feb 2002, 01:27 (Ref:209292)   #64
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We frequently do
Old 3 Feb 2002, 09:11 (Ref:209428)   #65
Crash and Burn
Racer

Yeah - but does he drink it or do you lot?
Old 3 Feb 2002, 16:03 (Ref:209644)   #66
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Do you ?

Maybe next time you'll let me know so I can drink some
Old 4 Feb 2002, 15:35 (Ref:210157)   #67
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for putting the topic subject back up. And also for including the Racers forum link on the front page.

Now any chance of getting the links back...
Old 4 Feb 2002, 17:30 (Ref:210238)   #68
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Not at this time, sorry
Old 4 Feb 2002, 18:06 (Ref:210268)   #69
R
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash and Burn
If you are using IE6.0 then it will be bloking it because of the default settings on Cookie
I have IE5.0, and it allows cookies. Most of the time, everything is OK. If it stays at the rate of happening once per visit, it's not really a big hassle. Thanks for the advice though.
Old 5 Feb 2002, 13:45 (Ref:210617)   #70
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig - PLEASE fix that typo!!! It's really starting to annoy me now!!

Pedantically,

Vitesse

Bob Marley
Old 5 Feb 2002, 18:00 (Ref:210722)   #71
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vitesse, isn't it

I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it (Voltaire)
Old 5 Feb 2002, 19:38 (Ref:210785)   #72
Crash and Burn
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Not at this time, sorry
Pitty - but people you can always visit my links on our site and add as many as you wish...
Old 5 Feb 2002, 21:48 (Ref:210852)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash and Burn

Pitty - but people you can always visit my links on our site and add as many as you wish...
I'll go there...
Old 6 Feb 2002, 23:47 (Ref:211392)   #74
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig:

Quote:
Originally posted by facco
Vitesse, isn't it

I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it (Voltaire)
Actually, it turns out we're both wrong!! From the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations:
Quote:

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Attributed to Voltaire, the words are in fact S. G. Tallentyre's summary of his attitude towards Helvétius following the burning of the latter's De l'esprit in (1759); in The Friends of Voltaire ( (1907)) p. 199
I won't tell anyone if you don't ....

Bob Marley
Old 28 Feb 2002, 18:08 (Ref:224590)   #75
Tris
Racer

Tris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: A Few More Changes!

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
I would like to take a moment to publicly thank Declan from F1 Rogues who has spent a large amount of time working with me to create the new style for 10 Tenths. He has a superb website which you should visit - take a look at www.f1rogues.com

Please post any feedback or bug reports here.
Craig... not being funny but Declan had nothing to do with the new design... it was me!! LOL

Tris