Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Feb 2002, 17:24 (Ref:220150)   #1
zetta
Racer

zetta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mosley says Michelin tire design is illegal. Another infamous EMAIL from Ferrari?

Planet F1 reports that Max Mosley is trying to prevent Michelin from using their new tire design, because it goes against regulations. This might lead to 6 teams running the Australian GP under appeal. Do you think Ferrari is trying to use their enormous influence with Bad Max in order to even the field since they had to use last year's car? I smell something fishy here.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 17:57 (Ref:220175)   #2
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari's always trying to complain about everyone else, typical eh but seriously, Mad Max has already spoken to the offending tyre company so I doubt there'll be anything big.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 21 Feb 2002, 18:06 (Ref:220179)   #3
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you really surprised here? Is another "lets wait until spain to make TC legal so Ferrari can get a good lead" rule they created in 2001. The evil empire never will not go down without a fight. Unfortunatelly for them Formula Juan's time has arrived...
Old 21 Feb 2002, 18:09 (Ref:220180)   #4
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's Michael !, crucify him !
Old 22 Feb 2002, 00:27 (Ref:220403)   #5
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this just bluster from mad max?The rules ARE ambiguous & Michelin seem pretty insistant they're right.Is max just trying to intimidate them from using the new design so as to avoid all the political problems?(cars racing under appeal is just bad for everyone).max has said the grooves are intended to be the same on both sides .I can see the fia fixing the ruling as soon as they can.I guess they haven't time before the 1st race.This is the sensible interpretation-but maybe the fia ARE beaten and max is just wining?
Old 22 Feb 2002, 02:28 (Ref:220442)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Ferrari is the one who screamed on Michelin? Evidence? Or are imaginations the prove we need?

That perhaps it is Bridgestone instead of Ferrari? Or that nobody is involved, but FIA who deem it not suited to the rules after seeing it in testing, or that Michelin inform them of their developement and FIA shakes their head?

Even if it is Ferrari, or whoever it is, at least they took the respectable route of informing their discomfort of Michelin to the authorities, and seek the FIA to investigate and judge... unlike Ron and Michelin, who loves to launch unproven accusations on others in PUBLIC...

Smell something fishy? ask the boss of Michelin...afterall, he smelt Bridgestones for lunch last year.
Old 22 Feb 2002, 05:58 (Ref:220491)   #7
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mosley says Michelin tire design is illegal. Another infamous EMAIL from Ferrari?

Quote:
Originally posted by zetta
Planet F1 reports that Max Mosley is trying to prevent Michelin from using their new tire design, because it goes against regulations. This might lead to 6 teams running the Australian GP under appeal. Do you think Ferrari is trying to use their enormous influence with Bad Max in order to even the field since they had to use last year's car? I smell something fishy here.
Even though Ferrari sent the letter to FIA (what makes you think that anyway) please explain why that letter would be "infamous"? I thought that it would reveal an evil conspiracy and actually it is every decent citizen's duty to stand against mass corruption that plagues the sport we all deserve... no wait... ignore the last sentence. Just tell why is infamous
Old 22 Feb 2002, 08:18 (Ref:220517)   #8
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Mosley says Michelin tire design is illegal. Another infamous EMAIL from Ferrari?

First of all, is the email authenthic? because there's been too many rumours flying around especially at the beginning of the season and that brings to the rumours brought to you especially from the likes of BBK and GT_R heheh..

Lesson to learn....almost 90% of it all are bull****t!

Don get me wrong, it's only my personal point of view..you all are entitled to think otherwise

Last edited by Jukebox; 22 Feb 2002 at 08:21.
Old 22 Feb 2002, 10:31 (Ref:220564)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry...i wouldn't usually post something onto the forum to share unless i am pretty sure that it's real, or at least had a high probability of being real. And usually, i only believe in articles published if they are backed by evidence. As for the emails coming from who and where regarding this incident, that i have no idea...but at least Ron and Michelin DID publicly accuse others of cheating in the past few months...its quoted all over the world.

All the Ferrari-FIA conspiracy, Ferrari cheating and Unequal cars for Rubens...i don't buy it...either it's pure bullsh*t as you said, or just sour grapes.

Last edited by Gt_R; 22 Feb 2002 at 10:37.
Old 22 Feb 2002, 12:07 (Ref:220606)   #10
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its Ron's doing he has spent all winter discovering that his new tyres are crud and is looking for any excuses to go back to bridgstone.
Old 22 Feb 2002, 13:06 (Ref:220632)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a little too much... You can say that Ferrari have influence on FIA and can make pressure in many aspects, but to think that every little thing FIA rules against Ferrari rivals comes from the team, is a little too much
Old 22 Feb 2002, 14:00 (Ref:220647)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Bon...if what you said is what i think you said...then i think what you said is right!
Old 22 Feb 2002, 18:08 (Ref:220734)   #13
BBKing
Veteran

Let me put one thing clear. I always post my opinion and it remains only that. I have never claimed that I know more than any of you might. I read the news like most of you and post in this forum what I see between the lines. I clearly read that Frentzen once said that the Ferrari TC was illegal even though he did not use those words. Unless you see it in quotes it should not be taken as something somebody said but my own interpretation of what they said.

Going back to the topic. It would not be the first time Bernie and Max use the tires to help Ferrari. They did that already in 2000.

The big question is why FIA did not make clear the rules when Michelin ask them to do so? It seems to be that FIA only looks at the rule book when Ferrari is in trouble.
Old 22 Feb 2002, 21:15 (Ref:220871)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
That's a little too much... You can say that Ferrari have influence on FIA and can make pressure in many aspects, but to think that every little thing FIA rules against Ferrari rivals comes from the team, is a little too much
so what are u trying to say..that ferrari are the only team, due to it's tradition, or whatever, in F1 to maybe "sway" the FIA in the direction, that they may not have nessessarily wanted to go in the first place??
Old 22 Feb 2002, 21:40 (Ref:220905)   #15
DSMJUNIOR
Rookie

DSMJUNIOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway, from what I know the Michelins will be illegal. Isn't there a stipulated width for the groove? If so, and assuming the published pics are what the new tyre is like, once they are worn to any extent the grooves will be too narrow.Anyway you look at it they're illegal.
Old 22 Feb 2002, 21:48 (Ref:220916)   #16
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dsmjunior, welcome to the forums!
Where are these published pics? I haven't seen them anywhere!
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 22 Feb 2002, 22:54 (Ref:221005)   #17
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by DSMJUNIOR
Anyway, from what I know the Michelins will be illegal. Isn't there a stipulated width for the groove? If so, and assuming the published pics are what the new tyre is like, once they are worn to any extent the grooves will be too narrow.Anyway you look at it they're illegal.
I don't thing they can be worse that Schumacher tires at Sepang 99 when they were worn to the point they looked like slicks. Obviously it was Ferrari then and even if they were illegal FIA just let them get away with crime.
Old 23 Feb 2002, 00:52 (Ref:221061)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Purely based off my memory here.

in 1999, there is only ONE tyre supplier that supplies all the teams. I don't know if the "one groove" rule at the end of the race applies then, because i thought it was only enforced at the start of Michelin and Bridgestone tyre war. Anyway, the thing is that all the teams are using the SAME tyres hence if Bridgestone made their tires quicker when worn, that would apply to every other team. Thus, Ferrari gain no advantage from it.

Of course...i think that it doesnt matter to you if Ferrari did get an advantage or not. All you want is to talk about FIA-Ferrari conspiracy...conveniently forgetting that last year, Michelin often run their tires to the point they looked like slicks at the end of races (see Fisi post Spa, JPM's tires after some races) and FIA also did nothing? What do you have to say? Same situations, FIA acted the same... so did Ferrari order FIA to let Michelin off the hook? LOL

Last edited by Gt_R; 23 Feb 2002 at 00:54.
Old 23 Feb 2002, 03:26 (Ref:221097)   #19
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

So the new grooves aren't groovy to Max. And the paranoids are screaming it was Big Red Daddy! Screw the grooves man. I'm still waiting for the different color tires from Michelin: White & Blue on Frankie's, red on the macaroons. And what about the psychedelic rain tires? Where ARE they man...bummer!
Old 23 Feb 2002, 17:03 (Ref:221269)   #20
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I heard is that there was an ASSYMETRIC groove pattern being tested by Mich and it is this that has been (quite rightfully) banned.
Old 23 Feb 2002, 22:37 (Ref:221431)   #21
DSMJUNIOR
Rookie

DSMJUNIOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The asymmetrical tyres are shown in this weeks Autosport. The lack of symmetry is why the grooves would become narrower as the tyres wear. Personally i think they should all have slicks but if the rules are there, both manufacturers should play by them.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 13:01 (Ref:222278)   #22
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It was a brilliant pre-emptive strike by Michelin. They figured it out 1st, made a few bogus sets, let the cat out of the bag, knew they'd get called on it and banned. Now Bridgestone and Big Red Daddy can't come out with them and get them declared legal.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 13:15 (Ref:222281)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

so what are u trying to say..that ferrari are the only team, due to it's tradition, or whatever, in F1 to maybe "sway" the FIA in the direction, that they may not have nessessarily wanted to go in the first place??
Uhn... no.

All top teams, and certainly Arrows,Jordan and BAR, have
a certain influence with FIA. That doesn't mean that they
can make FIA rule out others developments, but they can make
pressure to be investigated. That's a good way to keep things under control...
So, what I said is that usually most people tend to think that when FIA rules out something from another team than Ferrari, is because Ferrari is behind the action.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 16:21 (Ref:222364)   #24
BBKing
Veteran

In Spa 2000 Bernie said that he would like to see Ferrari and Schumacher win because Hakkinen was a boring champion. After that many weird things happen. How can you explain the cars running behing the pace car in Monza for 10 laps. It seems to me is a way to minimize the tire wear problem Ferrari was having then.

When Suzuka came along Brigestone was forced to supply only one tire compound and the one that was not the ideal for McLaren. Plus the ad-hoc rule that whoever used team orders would be disqualified and the driver suspended for 3 races in 2001.
Old 25 Feb 2002, 16:28 (Ref:222366)   #25
Gt_R
Veteran

In Monza 2000..in Monza 2000. Yeah...FIA set the pace car out for 10 laps to help Ferrari. BBK, does the marshal play a role in making the conspiracy work?

So now you blame the FIA for warning the use of team orders? If FIA do nothing, you complain about Ferrari using slavery and team orders and FIA closing an eye. When FIA does something, you complain they are helping Ferrari. Any constructive suggestions or opinions besides complaints? LOL