Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 3 Mar 2003, 19:10 (Ref:523714)   #26
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris Y: I'm a member of 5 different forums and they all allow you to view the posts before logging in. They don't allow people to view them, unless you become a member.

I don't always have time to log in. I usually, come on see if there is anything worth posting on and go away. Thanx to these idiotic rules, I can't do that anymore.

redshoes: GT is the place I have set 10-10ths to open at. Mainly because it has got the best conversation in it. If I want 100% motorsport discussion, I go to the motorsportforum, globalf1.net or Casey Mears' forum.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 19:12 (Ref:523716)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, I think we need to clear something up. Whilst we value the opinion of all of our members and will take their considerations into account wherever possible this is one thing that I am not going to budge on. There are very good reasons for this change and, I am sure, you will be noticing an improvement in the near future.

This is just one thing you're gonna have to trust me on and, without sounding dramatic, one thing you're gonna have to get used to. Because this is how it's going to stay folks. That's it really - case closed.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 19:16 (Ref:523719)   #28
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
More fool you!
Old 3 Mar 2003, 19:17 (Ref:523720)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe. But, as I say, that's the way it is.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 19:17 (Ref:523721)   #30
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See thing is, the atmosphere of ten-tenths is why people join. Your not constantly talking about motorsport but you can mix with other fans and get to have some fun on a non motorsport basis. Its what makes ten tenths popular.

You will get numpties posting rubish elsewhere to get to 50 posts or people wont join to the restriction of what used to be a relaxed chatey community like forum and still is.

I see your point perfectly and sort of agree and theres my opinion and I hope you see where im comming from .

It the changes dont effect me but im trying to make you see its also part of the experince for new members.
Old 4 Mar 2003, 03:43 (Ref:524100)   #31
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
More fool you!
Take this from a non-moderator: you're way out of line. This is Craig's house, and you just don't behave like that to your host. I am posting this just so you can't say that the mods have something against you. Most of us know the rules here - you do not attack the poster, and you definitely do not insult anyone in this forum.
Old 4 Mar 2003, 06:22 (Ref:524152)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whatever happened to Club @rse? (Not that I ever went there of course!)
Old 4 Mar 2003, 18:18 (Ref:524672)   #33
Tedebear
Rookie

Tedebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with the changes, the GT does get a little drivelly at times, however being relatively new to this sport and, only posting on the odd occasion as half the time I don't understand what you're talking about (and I'm trying to learn - I'm sorting my seized starter motor in my midget tonight) and don't wish to be a dumb female - I guess that excludes me from the gravel trap...oh well...

Good moderating though I think on the whole, and a great site with people who intend to make sure its stays that way - thats admirable IMHO!!!
Old 4 Mar 2003, 23:31 (Ref:525044)   #34
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amen. Even if I do post dross at times!!

I'm not particularly in favour of a liberalisation in the GT (You weren't expecting me to say that, were you??!! Hell, it's the only thing keeping me in line).

The only issue I have is the slightly over-zealous auto censor. I'd lighten that up a tad.

And that's about it.

The only reason why the F1 board has been demoted as "top board" is that it's out of season and quite simply there's not much to talk about. Roll on Sunday!!
Old 5 Mar 2003, 00:07 (Ref:525093)   #35
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Tristan, in case you don't know, the first race's activities start in less than 48 hours. If you look at the stuff posted on the F1 forum, and some of the drivel that certain people (no names mentioned here) post in the Gravel Trap, and count the sensible posts, there's little question F1 is the premier forum.

two, and still counting.................
Old 5 Mar 2003, 20:18 (Ref:525991)   #36
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The F1 board's has the most posts, but that by no means makes it the "premier" board here. This site is all about quality over quantity. In fact, I'd say F1's probably less important than the other motorsports forums. You can find F1 boards everywhere on the net. Can't say the same thing about the others... and Craig can correct me if I'm wrong, but the original concept of this site was not as an F1 site.

The GT's completely different from the rest of the forums. Call it a bonus forum.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:24 (Ref:526138)   #37
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Judging by the shear volume of drivel posted in the Gravel Trap, although the one a certain somebody posted on Vomit must surely rank among the elite, I would say that the F1 forum is streets ahead of the Gravel Trap.
I know the Gravel Trap is different - any fool can see that. I go there to mainly post about the Americas Cup (now finished), One day cricket, and other quite interesting topics, so there is a lot of good stuff there too. But, to me, the F1 forum is the premier forum, with great moderators.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:42 (Ref:526143)   #38
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, nobody forced you to post in the gravel trap in the first place and if you think it's so full of drivel why are you at all concerned with these changes?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 6 Mar 2003, 00:13 (Ref:526170)   #39
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
May I refer you to my previous post for the answer to your question. This is a comparison between the Gravel Trap and the F1 forum.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 05:52 (Ref:526322)   #40
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
VB, let it go, let it go...
Old 6 Mar 2003, 08:47 (Ref:526395)   #41
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
OK. Case closed for me. No worries
Old 6 Mar 2003, 17:21 (Ref:526789)   #42
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport photography forum great, but come on, could you not dump some of those old threads they go back to last year and are just cluttering up the place, i know you want it to look busy but the fact of the matter is they are just there to make up the numbers.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 14:03 (Ref:527774)   #43
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Why does this forum need to be different. No other one restricts its members this much.
You will find the vast majority of forums require a log in to view. Many also do not count posts in the free discussion forum.
Old 7 Mar 2003, 20:16 (Ref:528071)   #44
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by pauldavid
Motorsport photography forum great, but come on, could you not dump some of those old threads they go back to last year and are just cluttering up the place, i know you want it to look busy but the fact of the matter is they are just there to make up the numbers.
We don't delete old threads just for the sake of it. If you go back far enough there are old threads in every forum. Those threads were moved to the Photo forum to get things started and give people an idea of what the forum is about. Once we start getting enough new threads they will drop of the bottom of list. All I can suggest is you start posting new threads the quicker you'll be rid of them.
Old 8 Mar 2003, 18:20 (Ref:529057)   #45
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
DNQ: Name one decent forum that does that?

Most allow you to view all threads, without having to log in. You only really need to log in to post something. NOT to view a forum.

Anyway, this forum is no longer the best on the internet, so I have given up the fight and moved on.

P.S. This does not mean I am leaving
Old 8 Mar 2003, 18:22 (Ref:529059)   #46
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Sorry you feel that way Hakki, but we can't please all the people all the time. Enjoy your new home wherever that may be.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 05:45 (Ref:529653)   #47
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
*waves*
Old 9 Mar 2003, 09:45 (Ref:529812)   #48
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ooh, you are just SO cruel Wrex!
Old 9 Mar 2003, 15:53 (Ref:530180)   #49
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a bit petty, insulting the guys that run a website and running off because you have to log in to read messages?!
Old 9 Mar 2003, 16:39 (Ref:530256)   #50
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Helps if u read my post.

I said I'm NOT leaving.

Last edited by Speedworx; 9 Mar 2003 at 16:44.