Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 15 May 2003, 17:24 (Ref:599972)   #26
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
haha! This is the funniest thread ever!

People please chill out. That includes everyone. Bounceman - how old are you man?! Just take the hint and get over it - common sense says that a private hello is best made with the private messaging system. Enough said.

Now how have we managed to generate so many replies to such a trivial matter?! Amazing!
Old 15 May 2003, 17:58 (Ref:600026)   #27
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is also a chatroom!!!!
Old 15 May 2003, 20:04 (Ref:600171)   #28
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Don can you post a link to the thread where it is stated that we are forbidden to start birthday threads? I can't find any reference to this in the rules or in the "read me" post at the top of Gravel Trap.

Thanks.
I don't know exactly.

The rule was announced in a thread in the Gravel Trap. Probably a sticky thread.
I think it was during the first half of 2002.

If you can find the thread which combined birthday congratulations to a lot of different members, that would give us a good indication of the timeframe we have to look for.

On the other hand, if this rule did exist, it must have been posted by someone who was moderator of the gravel trap at that time.
So if none of the moderators can remember that rule, we should assume that the rule has never existed.
Old 15 May 2003, 20:11 (Ref:600181)   #29
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I don't believe this 'rule' ever existed. We have asked people to keep topics like this confined to the Gravel Trap rather than in the 'proper' racing forums but I don't believe we ever 'banned' them from the GT. However we do expect people to use common sense with these types of topics also as we don't wish to see the forum overwhelmed by this type of topic.
Old 15 May 2003, 20:12 (Ref:600183)   #30
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
:confused: There was some fuss when a member was upset that nobody wished him a happy birthday. I don't remember, but perhaps someone suggested an end to birthday threads, but we (GT mods)decided things should stay as they were (With people starting birthday threads as they see fit).
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 15 May 2003, 20:17 (Ref:600196)   #31
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyF
There is also a chatroom!!!!
Which is busy right now!

Sorry, no chance I'd overlook a golden opportunity like that!
Old 15 May 2003, 23:48 (Ref:600412)   #32
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mountain.

Mole Hill.

Now let's all move on with our lives.
Old 16 May 2003, 05:50 (Ref:600553)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that was fun.
Old 16 May 2003, 06:48 (Ref:600568)   #34
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oooh you cynic Peter!!
Old 16 May 2003, 09:33 (Ref:600686)   #35
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Well that was fun.
Hi Peter!

Oops, sorry, didn't really mean that.
Old 16 May 2003, 11:28 (Ref:600798)   #36
muppet1
Rookie

muppet1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your all a bunch of kids really aren't you....

No wonder so many people leave.... Why hang onto the past and move on!!! Life is better than this... failing that GET ANOTHER LIFE....... or another Board.

Good Bye all

when did ****ing replace F a l l i n g out with each other...

sums this up a treat.

Last edited by muppet1; 16 May 2003 at 11:33.
Old 16 May 2003, 11:46 (Ref:600810)   #37
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With a gigantic 6 posts and a few days to your name, I hardly think you're qualified to comment on the quality of this board or the people on it, or to make claims like "No wonder so many people leave..."

Stick around for a while, and you might find you switch on to what a great community this is. You may even get to understand the frankly bizarre sense of humour of some of the veterans. I think you may have taken too many of the posts in this thread too seriously.

Besides, what if we are a bunch of kids? We like it that way!
Old 16 May 2003, 14:45 (Ref:601053)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
You may even get to understand the frankly bizarre sense of humour of some of the veterans.
Craig! CRAIG I've been personally attacked!
Old 16 May 2003, 14:51 (Ref:601061)   #39
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

You know who you are...
Old 16 May 2003, 15:08 (Ref:601085)   #40
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Craig! CRAIG I've been personally attacked!
Shut up you bald-headed old git!

(that was a personal attack if anyone's interested )

Sorry!
Old 16 May 2003, 15:11 (Ref:601090)   #41
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Burn 'im! Burn 'im!

Er ... Sorry ...

Ban 'im!! Ban 'im!!

Old 16 May 2003, 15:22 (Ref:601102)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
@rse!
Old 16 May 2003, 16:32 (Ref:601171)   #43
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Oi - I resent the use of the word @rse as I have one and I'm sensitive about it!

Help help I've been harassed!

Old 16 May 2003, 16:58 (Ref:601201)   #44
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the great irony of all this is that I missed Bouncey's greeting until after the thread had been closed. Well, I think it was a nice gesture.

And Evil P, I resent your use of the terms "@rse" and "Oi", as they are clearly colloquiallisms unfamiliar to Americans. In the interests of fair play, I must insist that all communication on the forum be conducted in Standard English and incorporate no slang. If you find that you absolutely must use slang, please footnote a definition from the OED in your post.

Thank you.

-Tha wicked dease guy from the Hub.
Old 16 May 2003, 20:10 (Ref:601319)   #45
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
In the interests of fair play, I must insist that all communication on the forum be conducted in Standard English and incorporate no slang. If you find that you absolutely must use slang, please footnote a definition from the OED in your post.
:confused:

Could one of the native English speakers please tell us what the OED is?
Old 16 May 2003, 21:14 (Ref:601368)   #46
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Usually, it's used to refer to the Oxford English Dictionary, but those in the know realise that it is an oblique reference to the cult du jour, the Order of EERO Domination, which is rapidly taking over the civilised world.
Old 17 May 2003, 01:14 (Ref:601517)   #47
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Drat, sussed out again. Note to self: a) Be more subtle until masterplan is revealed. b) TimD in dungeon for 10 years.
Old 17 May 2003, 05:27 (Ref:601578)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Tim,

CIVILISED world? This is 10/10s after all.

And EP. I don't think it looks big in that orange outfit.

BTW. Hello EERO!
Old 17 May 2003, 12:23 (Ref:601709)   #49
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Hello, Peter. BTW, I don't think they like these personal greetings in the public forum, so we should probably stop.
Old 17 May 2003, 14:38 (Ref:601789)   #50
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would everyone bloody well stop saying hi, hello, g'day etc to Erik (sic) the Vikking.

As usual you are the cause of all this BS EEROS!