Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 22 Oct 2003, 17:18 (Ref:759769)   #1
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is Wrex 'special'

new forum software then Craig, or are mods allowed to used avitars where as they were not previously?

I'm jealous
Attached Images

Old 22 Oct 2003, 17:32 (Ref:759784)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It's an announcement. We never use them usual - we post a thread and 'sticky' it. The templates need some editting for the announcements template set.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 17:33 (Ref:759785)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I've seen Ayse use this before...

In fact I've just figured out how to do it! Now I must figure out how to remove it!
Old 22 Oct 2003, 18:10 (Ref:759827)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there any chance this could be included for all members in normal discussion?

Don't shoot, i'm unarmed!
Old 22 Oct 2003, 18:14 (Ref:759831)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
None at all. Sorry

Actually I am considering a 'gold membership' which, for a small annual donation to help pay for the running of the site, will see the member gain a number of benefits. A 10 Tenths email address, the ability to use an avatar, maybe a 10 Tenths cap, etc, etc. I'd be interested in feedback on this idea so I can decide whether or not it is worth looking into further.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 18:18 (Ref:759838)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey CRAIG, mayube you could include a REAL picture of WREX!! that seems to be a common topic of discussion in PF!! we could once and for all see if he really is a baseball playing monkey
Old 22 Oct 2003, 18:26 (Ref:759854)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ralf, do you have a dictionary?

If you do, then i want you to look up the words; 'Respect' and 'Decency', try to remember the meaning of those words and put it into practice every now and then.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...
You've been a naughty boy!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 22 Oct 2003 at 18:33.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 18:33 (Ref:759867)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK.... if you didnt know i was just joking.....
But anyway thanks for the advice..........

OH... and WREX if you were offended I'M SORRY!! ill be more careful with what i say........

Last edited by ralf fan; 22 Oct 2003 at 18:39.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 18:41 (Ref:759877)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

I know you're just joking but there are many other places for pranks... (PF, F1, CART, IRL, AE, etc., etc.)

Anyway, it does sound interesting but it's really dependable on how much support it would get from the members.
Also monitoring payments from 8000+ members could get very complicated and may not even be worth the hassle.

I would be in for it if it's possible to send the subscription fee in cash through registered mail as i don't have a credit card.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 19:32 (Ref:759913)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Craig, I'd be interested in a 10/10ths email address. What sort of dosh we talkin' about?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Oct 2003, 21:49 (Ref:760029)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd be interested as well.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 23:24 (Ref:760103)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Count me in. I'm not a big 'avitar' fan (that was a consequence of making an announcement) but I'd be interested Craig.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 00:38 (Ref:760143)   #13
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds good to me. As long as that payment isn't a monthly one, I'm fine!

I'd really like a cap.

One little prob might be having to pay in $US, but I'm sure you'd be able to work it out.

Good idea, Craig

Last edited by RacerGuy2; 23 Oct 2003 at 00:38.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 23 Oct 2003, 01:36 (Ref:760160)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sounds like a great idea Craig , any way shape or form we can help out with keeping this site up and running is a brilliant idea to me
Old 23 Oct 2003, 07:38 (Ref:760314)   #15
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course, there needs to be a staff discount.....
Old 23 Oct 2003, 08:27 (Ref:760353)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hmmmm can I pay in sausages?

Yeah count me in provided it's not huge amounts of dosh - cos I don't have any!

However, I expect the "next generation" of caps to be subtly different so that those of us who have first edition hats are immediately differentiated from the Nouveaux Chapeaux!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 23 Oct 2003 at 08:29.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 08:39 (Ref:760366)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nobody ever lets me pay in sausage. Oh, that's not what you meant. Well OK, i'll be leaving then.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 10:56 (Ref:760515)   #18
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't it great how threads develop?

Here we have a thread entitled Why is Wrex 'special', in which members now appear to be discussing financial donations...

Well, I didn't know Wrex had special needs, but I'm proud of everyone of you for volunteering to help out, even in sausages...

Gold membership sounds great! - I'd be interested certainly.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:08 (Ref:760527)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps as a "Gold Member" (why do I get the urge to snigger at that phrase) we could receive a sausage of the month.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:19 (Ref:760538)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mallet's painfully obvious double entendre nearly put me off...then I realized I was merely jealous that he beat me to it.

Count me in, Craigster.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:49 (Ref:760579)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can count me in too, Craig.

How will be the pay system ?
Old 24 Oct 2003, 11:59 (Ref:761822)   #22
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh count me in too. The Aussie dollar is worth heaps at the moment, so can we pay now please.
I am not a fan of avtars either, they mess up the forum and make it slower and harder to read.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 24 Oct 2003, 16:03 (Ref:762039)   #23
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Although not necessarily a fan of avatars, I've always wondered how this site was paid for, and I'd be more-than-willing to help out.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 22:54 (Ref:762314)   #24
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
So we are in agreement then, we don't want avatars, but we will pay for them
Old 25 Oct 2003, 22:39 (Ref:763057)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd happily pay for avatars!

The membership plan sounds great to me!