Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 2004, 20:59 (Ref:1118353)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
New Server

Hi folks,

As you're aware, we moved 10ths to a new server this evening. We're aware that there are still short periods where the site is giving a server busy message.

Moving 10ths over was a very big exercise and we will probably be encountering a few teething problems until we have everything tweaked to suit the site.

We're working on it as we speak, so please bear with us, we're working as fast as we can.

Cheers,
10ths Web Team
Old 8 Oct 2004, 03:15 (Ref:1118535)   #2
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
mitzi dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck evilpumpkin mate as you explore your new adventure,and your helpers too.very good site,and most imformative.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 08:55 (Ref:1118832)   #3
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep up the great work guys and thanks for keeping us informed and up to date with the new developments.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 8 Oct 2004, 09:18 (Ref:1118847)   #4
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did the migration work? I'm guessing not as the performance is dyer. good luck to users on a dialup connection!!
Old 8 Oct 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1118852)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The migration did work - the performance has been good but we are getting small "bursts" which are affecting performance for about 10 minutes every 2 hours. As per initial post, we're working to diagnose and correct this.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 12:21 (Ref:1118986)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I noticed it seemed to be totaly down from 13.00 to 13.15 today but now working a lot quicker. It was awful last night.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 12:23 (Ref:1118987)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by falcemob
I noticed it seemed to be totaly down from 13.00 to 13.15 today but now working a lot quicker. It was awful last night.
We are working with our hosting company at the moment to resolve the issue of slow-downs and server unavailability.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 18:15 (Ref:1119136)   #8
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
im encountering technical whats-is-dooflies, it seems this is the only forum i can access at the moment without the server too busy warning...any chance this could be the new "Parc Ferme"?!

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 9 Oct 2004, 09:41 (Ref:1119593)   #9
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck for the future. Just to show willing I have enabled 'pop ups on ten tenth' on my google tool bar. My early new year resolution is to visit the advertised sites as often as possible!!!
Old 9 Oct 2004, 16:52 (Ref:1119810)   #10
tbg63
Rookie

United Kingdom
Camberley, Surrey
tbg63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give them a chance

Hey Guys,

As someone who works in I.T. I understand the myriad of unforeseen difficulties that can be encountered. I wish you well with the migration and inevitable re-active problems you may encounter.

To everyone else I say, be patient, these things take time to 'bed in' and don't scream at the people trying to do the work. The problems will be identified and addressed I'm sure.

Terry
Old 9 Oct 2004, 18:14 (Ref:1119837)   #11
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grant and Terri [or can I still call you Jenni?] Keep it up and thanks for taking on the task.

This isn't to be taken as a criticism and probably has nothing to do with new servers etc., but I have just noticed something weird I haven't spotted before.

There are about 7 threads on the latest 25 where the number of replies far exceeds the number of views [four of them in fact have had zero views at all, but numerous replies. Just thought I'd make you aware, as I couldn't think of any other way of letting you know.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 19:29 (Ref:1119856)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hi folks,
Thanks for that! Hopefully you've seen an improvement in performance today.

The page views are a temporary thing - as with the "today in history" section, it's been temporarily disabled while we identify which processes are causing the slow downs. Normal service will resume shortly!
Old 9 Oct 2004, 21:19 (Ref:1119933)   #13
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Hi folks,
Normal service will resume shortly!
Normal? What's that then?

None of us on here would understand normal - we'are all raving mad!

Old 10 Oct 2004, 18:22 (Ref:1120430)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why are all the new threads showing 0 views when clearly they have replies in them?

so techincally if no-one has viewed the threads... it is physically impossible to reply to them... which basically means that there have been no posts on 10-10ths since the server has changed!
so i dunno how all these posts got here... :confused:

Old 10 Oct 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1120435)   #15
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When it works, I'm finding it to be quicker (i'm on 56k).
Old 10 Oct 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1120474)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ralf fan, the views feature has been turned off temporarily.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 19:51 (Ref:1120499)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Running like a train now, but its been very patchy for me all day..... Gave up waiting several times.....
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:03 (Ref:1120515)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Running very smoothly at the moment. I guess with all computer techno things you have to take a step back to go forward, so keep up the good work - I know we'll all see the benefits very soon, the first of which is, of course, that we still have our favourite forum up and running.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:30 (Ref:1120560)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep. It's faster than ever.
Old 10 Oct 2004, 20:56 (Ref:1120579)   #20
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmm! I've had trouble getting in here because the server was too busy! Must be getting popular!

Old 11 Oct 2004, 06:53 (Ref:1120808)   #21
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
The speed when the server is running at optimal is a lot faster. What we are working on at the moment is getting rid of the "server busy" issues. Once again, apologies - we're getting there but it's probably going to be a little while longer before we can get the full optimal performance we're looking for.

Once again, thanks for your understanding and please bear with us!
Old 11 Oct 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1121052)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Server will be having additional RAM added on Monday afternoon so there will be a short period of outage while the hardware is offline. After this upgrade we expect site response times to improve and the dreaded "server busy" messages to reduce.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1121091)   #23
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally posted by MagnetON
Server will be having additional RAM added on Monday afternoon so there will be a short period of outage while the hardware is offline. After this upgrade we expect site response times to improve and the dreaded "server busy" messages to reduce.
This work was completed around 15:00 "forum time" we are still monitoring the response time situation closely for the time being.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1121203)   #24
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
It's now 17:35 "forum time" and the load on the server appears to have decreased significantly.

We are continuing to monitor the situation and server loads this evening but are quietly confident we have found the solution to the recent poor performance.
Old 11 Oct 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1121228)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good stuff.

Another Jack Daniels for MagnetON!
Closed Thread