Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Aug 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3565704)   #1
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heartland Park Renovation Challenge

As few people probably even care, Heartland Park Topeka has been foreclosed. The bank is looking for a professional operator for the circuit, and it's a little unprepared for any major international series, and you see where I'm going.

http://www.racingcircuits.info/north...l#.Vcfl7G5Viko
Old 13 Aug 2015, 22:33 (Ref:3565908)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh how I wish I had the concession for Concrete in that part of the world when they built that.
Bland, featureless, uninspired ....

For me it would have to be a clean sheet of paper, leaving the Drag strip Pretty much alone.
Old 14 Aug 2015, 05:02 (Ref:3565944)   #3
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6687159

'The desperate rush from reasonable elevation change to reasonable elevation change'.
Old 14 Aug 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3566070)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've backtracked a little on the clean sheet idea, but have made some radical changes.

The direction stays the same but with a relocated pit complex.

3 circuit options allow for the full circuit which uses Drag strip staging area and as well as a section of the Drag strip itself.
The shortest of the options uses the old front straight that runs parallel to the Drag strip but doesn't actually use it.
A new Return road has been added so that cars are returned in front of the largest grandstands
Attached Thumbnails
Heartlands New Overlay.jpg   Heartlands Long Loop.jpg   Heartlands Short Loop.jpg  

Old 13 Dec 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3597536)   #5
Szisz
Rookie

Szisz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*BUMP*

I scrapped the vast majority of the site, and just focussed on making one corner of it work.

Therefore, here's a 1.8-mile, 10-turn circuit that's got a hairpin, a chicane, two sweepers and an esses section. Obviously there are some run-off issues, but a big gravel trap and one of those large, squishy safety walls should do the trick.

Old 14 Dec 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3597728)   #6
rubaru
Rookie

United States
rubaru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tried to utilize a good bit of the existing track. Tightened some of the turns, and added a high-speed oval-type section on the south end. Existing pit and paddock can remain as I'm using the drag strip as the main S/F straight. I drew this track clock-wise, but I think it would work well either way. I have no idea of the property boundaries...hopefully I didn't exceed them.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6765261