Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Sep 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3670812)   #76
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That's pretty posh. Don't freak out when it says Pacifica on the ticket. I guess they decided to change the name because no one recognized Town & Country?
I'm actually excited to see how the new ones will be. I love the Chrysler ones because of the stow and go seats. Flat floor + $8 air mattress and you've got a climate controlled, insulated, steel box to sleep in.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3670813)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post

First car I ever had and first drove to RA in'77 - Camel GT era -
'74 VW Dasher
I think I first visited Road ATL in the mid 80s in either a late 70s RX3 Wagon or a Ga Power Yellow 71 Suburban. One saved my life (or so I've been told) and the other endangered 100s.

And that's right, joeb, a grey Mazda wagon, that, according to Pops, had a very surprising top end!

Quote:
Today I learned VW made a car called the Dasher. It's a first generation Passat/Audi 80 if you don't want to look it up.
I did and learned the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'm actually excited to see how the new ones will be. I love the Chrysler ones because of the stow and go seats. Flat floor + $8 air mattress and you've got a climate controlled, insulated, steel box to sleep in.
And I am certain it's not as leaky and as poorly insulated as the 94 Aerostar...
Old 7 Sep 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3670817)   #78
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I assure you it's better than the front seat. Watch out for the "or equal" clause!
Old 7 Sep 2016, 20:29 (Ref:3670820)   #79
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Today I learned VW made a car called the Dasher. It's a first generation Passat/Audi 80 if you don't want to look it up.
That's funny. I had the 2 door vintage yellow/mustard color one.
Side black race stripes that said Dasher on it, cherry bomb glasspack,
split chrome tail pipe, leather steering wheel wrap, and
a wide angle rearview mirror with 4 panels on it. In short,
I was "Peter Gregg". That car also made it through the first
2 years at GSU before it got traded for 4x4 Chevy Luv truck.
Old 7 Sep 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3670825)   #80
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I assure you it's better than the front seat. Watch out for the "or equal" clause!
Luckily the past few times I've gone I've actually had choices on which van I've wanted! If I was stuck with one without the folding flat seats, I'd just get some tools and unbolt the seats for the weekend.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 00:22 (Ref:3670857)   #81
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I
I didn't realize you had gotten a second 3.
You probably never saw the first one, it was a sedan and it was my wife's. You have only had the pleasure of knowing my current hatchback model.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 00:25 (Ref:3670858)   #82
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

And that's right, joeb, a grey Mazda wagon, that, according to Pops, had a very surprising top end!

I knew you were a closet Mazda fan.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 01:48 (Ref:3670872)   #83
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I knew you were a closet Mazda fan.
I like cars and giving you $hit (everyone really). And I find it hilarious that JH likes all cars but certain Japanese ones and Porsches. His disgust makes me laugh.

----

So, no word on ticket arrival. The first year in at least 6 I've purchased mine in time to actually NOT have to pick them up at will call and this happens.

Still looking dry.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/S...onitor.aspx?GA

Andrew, what's the grass report? Or have you not been up there yet?

This is kinda cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYpLR0DlsrI

This isn't:
https://twitter.com/WakaFlocka/statu...99151047163905
#AtlantaRaceway? WTF is that?
Canamman; was that near the Peach Bowl?
Old 8 Sep 2016, 01:52 (Ref:3670875)   #84
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I like cars and giving you $hit (everyone really). And I find it hilarious that JH likes all cars but certain Japanese ones and Porsches. His disgust makes me laugh.

----

So, no word on ticket arrival. The first year in at least 6 I've purchased mine in time to actually NOT have to pick them up at will call and this happens.

Still looking dry.

This is kinda cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYpLR0DlsrI

This isn't:
That video is a great promo. And I like cars and giving haircuts too.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 03:09 (Ref:3670887)   #85
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I like cars and giving you $hit (everyone really). And I find it hilarious that JH likes all cars but certain Japanese ones and Porsches(Yeah cause no one else has ever commented on a beetle race before . His disgust makes me laugh.

----

Still looking dry.

Not yet, I'm heading up for the day next Sat to check out historics, Global GTs and SCCA F4. The schedule isn't that great so not camping just a day trip. And two weeks isn't enough time to do much but I'll think positive there's less open clay but I'm thinking not much. Might bring a cooler weather patch seed again to get something going. And a pole clip to raise the oak a little more.

Think I'm going to get a slant leg canopy to put out at the track fence for some shade out there instead of the rigging and duct tape for someone's ancient one. And I have the two 10x10s for the kitchen and seating. Not sure if the two other destroyed in the sunday wind were replaced or if Eric/Megan or Thomas are coming. I'm going to take up our usual space and give away any we don't need, with the back of the tree saved for the couple and their tent who claims it every year. And I'll try to find and defend to Mitty holes for the Apache legs. Yeah, I might be looking forward to an afternoon of nothing but setting up camp, and a few 'sodas' just a little.

Do we have a replacement Aussie grill after Tony's was sacrificed to the gods of historic racing this spring?
Old 8 Sep 2016, 07:44 (Ref:3670935)   #86
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

This isn't:
Who knows what they are referring to. Either Hampton or Commerce.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 12:01 (Ref:3670962)   #87
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Not yet, I'm heading up for the day next Sat to check out historics, Global GTs and SCCA F4. The schedule isn't that great so not camping just a day trip. And two weeks isn't enough time to do much but I'll think positive there's less open clay but I'm thinking not much. Might bring a cooler weather patch seed again to get something going. And a pole clip to raise the oak a little more.

Think I'm going to get a slant leg canopy to put out at the track fence for some shade out there instead of the rigging and duct tape for someone's ancient one. And I have the two 10x10s for the kitchen and seating. Not sure if the two other destroyed in the sunday wind were replaced or if Eric/Megan or Thomas are coming. I'm going to take up our usual space and give away any we don't need, with the back of the tree saved for the couple and their tent who claims it every year. And I'll try to find and defend to Mitty holes for the Apache legs. Yeah, I might be looking forward to an afternoon of nothing but setting up camp, and a few 'sodas' just a little.

Do we have a replacement Aussie grill after Tony's was sacrificed to the gods of historic racing this spring?
I'm going to try and bring a pop up tent to add to the mix. I can also pick up a knockoff Aussie grill at the Walmart next to my house for about $15 if y'all want.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 13:53 (Ref:3671001)   #88
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Hey, I like Porsches, just not the 9,000th iteration of the Beetle, I mean, 911 and all if it's clones.

And you should have choice if you get there Tuesday. I like are last spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Who knows what they are referring to. Either Hampton or Commerce.
They were clueless...."good night Cleveland!" "Uh, we're in St. Louis..."

Quote:
I'm going to try and bring a pop up tent to add to the mix. I can also pick up a knockoff Aussie grill at the Walmart next to my house for about $15 if y'all want.
F that. I'll get one if we HAVE to, but thought Bacon had one...if not, I'll bring one, as I need to bring something besides my charm.

What have you been sleeping in??? Mini Tent? Can't recall.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3671010)   #89
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

F that. I'll get one if we HAVE to, but thought Bacon had one...if not, I'll bring one, as I need to bring something besides my charm.

What have you been sleeping in??? Mini Tent? Can't recall.
Ok, you are on grill duty! That means charcoal and lighter fluid too!

I've been sleeping in a 5 person tent, and it works just fine. I had to put an extra tarp on top last year to keep the rain out but it's all good. I have an air mattress but no indoor plumbing, so it's just like home!
Old 8 Sep 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3671091)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Ok, you are on grill duty! That means charcoal and lighter fluid too!
Might I remind you that Andrew stockpiles these things...I bet there's a deal been had already.

Quote:
I've been sleeping in a 5 person tent, and it works just fine. I had to put an extra tarp on top last year to keep the rain out but it's all good. I have an air mattress but no indoor plumbing, so it's just like home!
'cept it won't be flat!
Old 8 Sep 2016, 20:11 (Ref:3671092)   #91
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Might I remind you that Andrew stockpiles these things...I bet there's a deal been had already.

'cept it won't be flat!
Last year Andrew saved the best spot I've ever had. Under the oak tree with a parking spot right next door. I expect nothing less this year!
Old 8 Sep 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3671106)   #92
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

'cept it won't be flat!
I have no idea this stockpiling of which you speak, still at work or picture of 4 big bags purchased at Memorial day for 20 bucks would be attached, two already stowed in their stay-dry bin. And two totes of well aged tulip-poplar and oak to burn.

I'll know better Sat evening what we'll need, finally actually get the gear down and go through everything and replace a few things. Think the Mitty remainders are good for most everything but I know I need a few refills of kitchen stuff. And think we finally used your 3-4 year old paper towels this past Petit. Prob will want two gallons of oil for the chips, and however many potatoes as you think we'll want. I'll try to find a large, and clean, funnel at the house since it should be good for a couple fryings. Already have a couple bags of coffee, starbucks on sale so grabbed it last week. Plus stockpiling my Terrapin recreation 'sodas' since they're cheap this week too. Wonder if they'll check the few of us heading in early or figure we paid enough so let us in. If the usual neighbors are there for the historics I'll see what time they're coming in to block space if someone tries to poach before I get there.

Assuming JHamilton has seen the QT at Lawrenceville Highway and Cooledge has ethanol free gas for the generator so it will run better than the usual pump stuff.

And joeb, you'll get what's left when you arrive after an uncertain number of haircuts. Probably means somewhere around where you were last time unless you have to fight Hurley if he claims it first.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 22:29 (Ref:3671116)   #93
simontibbett
Rookie

United States
GA
simontibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there all week. Was hoping to find a last minute ride in Conti. I'm usually around T3! Use to camp but go home at night now to start fresh the next day. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 Sep 2016, 01:18 (Ref:3671139)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
I'll be there all week. Was hoping to find a last minute ride in Conti. I'm usually around T3! Use to camp but go home at night now to start fresh the next day. Lol

Good luck on finding a ride. You should stop by and say hello to us at Turn 4. Not sure how to describe us, but sometimes we have a flag pole, a pop up trailer, a couple Ram trucks, a well loved Mazda and a Honda of some type.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 02:28 (Ref:3671151)   #95
simontibbett
Rookie

United States
GA
simontibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good luck on finding a ride. You should stop by and say hello to us at Turn 4. Not sure how to describe us, but sometimes we have a flag pole, a pop up trailer, a couple Ram trucks, a well loved Mazda and a Honda of some type.

I'll look for you all!

Old 9 Sep 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3671153)   #96
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
I'll look for you all!

Just look for the previously posted Apache camper and a 6'-6" bearded cigar smoking Guinness cowboy hat wearing cooking machine and a bunch of drunks.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 02:54 (Ref:3671154)   #97
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I have no idea this stockpiling of which you speak, still at work or picture of 4 big bags purchased at Memorial day for 20 bucks would be attached, two already stowed in their stay-dry bin. And two totes of well aged tulip-poplar and oak to burn.

I'll know better Sat evening what we'll need, finally actually get the gear down and go through everything and replace a few things. Think the Mitty remainders are good for most everything but I know I need a few refills of kitchen stuff. And think we finally used your 3-4 year old paper towels this past Petit. Prob will want two gallons of oil for the chips, and however many potatoes as you think we'll want. I'll try to find a large, and clean, funnel at the house since it should be good for a couple fryings. Already have a couple bags of coffee, starbucks on sale so grabbed it last week. Plus stockpiling my Terrapin recreation 'sodas' since they're cheap this week too. Wonder if they'll check the few of us heading in early or figure we paid enough so let us in. If the usual neighbors are there for the historics I'll see what time they're coming in to block space if someone tries to poach before I get there.

Assuming JHamilton has seen the QT at Lawrenceville Highway and Cooledge has ethanol free gas for the generator so it will run better than the usual pump stuff.

And joeb, you'll get what's left when you arrive after an uncertain number of haircuts. Probably means somewhere around where you were last time unless you have to fight Hurley if he claims it first.
I knew it!

I'll get taters and earl for said taters.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 02:58 (Ref:3671155)   #98
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Just look for the previously posted Apache camper and a 6'-6" bearded cigar smoking Guinness cowboy hat wearing cooking machine and a bunch of drunks.
Much better description of us than I provided.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 03:31 (Ref:3671162)   #99
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Think that might be the nicest way I've ever been described
Old 9 Sep 2016, 03:48 (Ref:3671164)   #100
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Think that might be the nicest way I've ever been described
Ha! You're welcome??

And I am pretty sure I have a roll of paper towels that has been to the last decade of PLMs. I'll need to check that along with the wore out canopy. :rolf: