Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3787587)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
IMOLA CLASSIC

Peter Auto season finisher. Includes Group C.
Old 6 Oct 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3854843)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Provisional entry lists available showing 53 cars for Sixties, 45 for CER 1 and 37 for HTC including a Volvo "Brick". Looks very good!
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3855233)   #3
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's 18 years since I competed at this meeting at Imola, but it is a lovely circuit, and a great place to stay and explore. Watch out for the weather at this time of year, though - a wet Imola is not for the faint-hearted ! Nick
Old 7 Oct 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3855251)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
It's 18 years since I competed at this meeting at Imola, but it is a lovely circuit, and a great place to stay and explore. Watch out for the weather at this time of year, though - a wet Imola is not for the faint-hearted ! Nick
The meeting is later than the previous PA visit couple of years ago, so prepared for less than perfect weather....... However, the Masters meeting at Imola in late April was one of the nicest racing weekends I’ve had. Nothing to with the organiser, though- just the weather, food, town, people and circuit were all at their best......
Old 7 Oct 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3855296)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’ve not been or raced at Imola .Hope to one day .
Old 8 Oct 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3855362)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Great track, great town, great beer, great gelataria and cremaria, great pizza. Just your sort of place, bud......
Old 8 Oct 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3855375)   #7
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It would be another in your quest for 100 tracks. How close are you now?
Old 8 Oct 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3855397)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post

Indeed.

I think "arrangements" should be made.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3855398)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Need to sit down this overwinter rainy Sunday afternoon.After trip to NZ and Phillip Island next year I recon I will be well over 100 tracks ans a 1000 races.
Going to slow down next year. "that is what I have told Mrs Delta ".
Sorry to of gone off topic.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3855414)   #10
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Going to slow down next year. "that is what I have told Mrs Delta ".….
I am sure we all say this to our “beloveds” during the off season, whilst trying to work how we can fit in/finance even more events!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 8 Oct 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3855425)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
I am sure we all say this to our “beloveds” during the off season, whilst trying to work how we can fit in/finance even more events!
Certainly a visit to Imola should be on anyone’s priority list! And for your other half, why not suggest a trip to the not far away Ferrari or Ducati factories while you’re racing. That would earn bonus points, surely!
Old 8 Oct 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3855440)   #12
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Certainly a visit to Imola should be on anyone’s priority list! And for your other half, why not suggest a trip to the not far away Ferrari or Ducati factories while you’re racing. That would earn bonus points, surely!

Maybe not .... unless it was to collect something.
Old 8 Oct 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3855444)   #13
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 10 Oct 2018, 01:24 (Ref:3855804)   #14
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Phillip Island next year
Iain, Is that the Phillip Island Classic 8-9-10th March 2019 meeting.
https://www.phillipislandpoint.com.a...sland-classic/
My fave meeting of the year. Been before to PI? You will love it.
Meanwhile apologies for off topic. Sorry. Excitement got me.

Last edited by E.B; 10 Oct 2018 at 01:30. Reason: Add apology for off topic
Old 10 Oct 2018, 04:53 (Ref:3855828)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes . We had better start a new thread . 2019 going to be an exciting year for me .
Old 10 Oct 2018, 05:00 (Ref:3855830)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes . We had better start a new thread . 2019 going to be an exciting year for me .
I'll add P.I. to the 2019 calendar...……
Old 10 Oct 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3855885)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:

Do you mean it's going to be more exciting than a usual year?

How is that possible?
Old 22 Oct 2018, 15:22 (Ref:3858435)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Got back from Portugal late last night, managed to switch off at about 0030hrs, up at 0530 and now at Portsmouth waiting for the night boat. Lucky the coffee place has some comfy chairs.

Zzzzzz......
Old 22 Oct 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3858450)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I’ve had stressful day on the beech . 😀
Old 22 Oct 2018, 17:01 (Ref:3858457)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I’ve had stressful day on the beech . 😀
Life is a beach as they say.
Old 26 Oct 2018, 17:48 (Ref:3859320)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Poultry

Good Qualy, Mike! No pizza but a Morgan sandwich, between two 911's. Many cars in the region of 2'16", they gone have fun. How is the weather?
Old 26 Oct 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3859332)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Good Qualy, Mike! No pizza but a Morgan sandwich, between two 911's. Many cars in the region of 2'16", they gone have fun. How is the weather?
OK qualifying but FCY period and several individual waved yellows stopped any attempt by Bill near the end to put a ‘flier’ in.

We’re being very careful as the SLR could win the under 2.5 litre championship, but at least has to start the race....

B19 has not raced here before, and was going well in FP until the driver in it at the time caught the nose on a kerb and did it no good at all. The lads have just finished repairing it ready for qualifying tomorrow. I sacrificed the aluminium boat hook that lives in the truck gooseneck locker to help effect the repair! (And if you’re wondering why I need a boat hook, it’s to reach stuff in the locker that human arms can’t..... )

It’s been cloudy all day and almost started to rain mid afternoon, then decided not to. Still question mark over Sunday, but think tomorrow should be sun again.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 05:07 (Ref:3859391)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I sacrificed the aluminium boat hook that lives in the truck gooseneck locker to help effect the repair!
Thanks for the news, overall class win for the SLR is well deserved.

Your boat hook thing, nearly the same happened to us, we used an aluminium stepladder to repair an oil pipe! At the end of the race, the car was running fine but we couldn't catch anything stocked in high place! We never returned to Albacete…

Enjoy it and take care!
PS: I think that the french name for gooseneck is "capucine" but why?
Old 27 Oct 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3859457)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Congrats, Mike! First in class, was 15 then 14 overall in the last lap (Cobra behind), year overall class winners, what else?
Another finish for the 356, well done too. Champagne!
Old 27 Oct 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3859463)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Congrats, Mike! First in class, was 15 then 14 overall in the last lap (Cobra behind), year overall class winners, what else?
Another finish for the 356, well done too. Champagne!
There possibly will be champagne- at the do tonight!

Only 5th in under 2.5 litre category but for a change the 26Rs finished! The SLR wasn’t quite at its best- not sure why, but the result was good enough to guarantee 1st in the season under 2.5 litre championship. Fantastic result for the Stephens family again, with Will’s fastest lap quicker than half the grid of 911s.......