Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Sep 2002, 00:38 (Ref:376007)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6 Hours of Biking Action!!!

From 7:30pm to 1:30am this morning, I sat in front of the idiot-box watching motorcycle racing. Could it get any better?!?!

1. Race one of the WSB from Assen, in which Edwards took another 25 points to increase his winning streak, and pull in another 5 points to Bayliss, who finished second. Hodgson was robbed of a probably podium with engine failure.

2. World Supersports where Fabien Foret closed to within a whisker of taking the title after Fujiwara could only manage 5th place. The race was stopped after a massive accident (see other thread.)

3. The coverage then switched to the MotoGP at Estoril, where the 125s were battling in atrocious condition. Vincent took the win and the championship lead as Poggiali crashed, Cecchinello crashed 3 times, Pedrosa fell off as did most other contenders.

4. Then the 250s where it appeared Matsudo would take a deserved victory until only 4/5 laps from the end when he threw it off. Nieto won, after crashing, while Melandri and Porto rode sensibly to claim the two other podium positions. Rolfo was robbed in a case of mistaken identity.

5. Race two from Assen and Edwards won again while Bayliss crashed, handing Edwards the points lead. Chili took a wonderful second while Toseland took his first ever podium. Xaus, Hodgson and Haga all had moments.

6. Then finally the MotoGP and Gibernau appeared to have it won 3 laps from the end, but then he threw it down, handing Rossi another victory. Checa came back from an awful start for 2nd, while Ukawa finished third.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:04 (Ref:376154)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the whole lot as well, awesome wasn't it, just a pity we didn't get the podium's and interviews from the Superbike races, i was waiting to see what Frankie would get up to.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:33 (Ref:376177)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frankie was on later - or maybe it was on BBC two - whatever he chucked his leathers into the crows then went up in his boxers with his son and daughter - quality stuff!
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:35 (Ref:376178)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i fell asleep during the 125 race..... had the video on record though - is neil hodgson gonna cost troy bayliss a world title... where are ducati team orders
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:47 (Ref:376193)   #5
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great stuff but went to bed before Bayliss crashed out of race two. Who won the Moto GP?
Old 9 Sep 2002, 11:01 (Ref:376302)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Re: 6 Hours of Biking Action!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
From 7:30pm to 1:30am this morning, I sat in front of the idiot-box watching motorcycle racing. Could it get any better?!?!
It can get a lot better than that! From 9:30AM to 5:30PM yesterday I was marshalling at the MRO meeting at Mallory Park - nine great races, in real life.....

.....then when I got home I watched the two WSB races which I'd vidoetaped!
Old 9 Sep 2002, 13:08 (Ref:376410)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi won the MotoGP (gee, really??) but Gibernau came close to causing an upset.... only to throw the bike down the road.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 13:54 (Ref:376461)   #8
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the commentators were saying that if Suzuki didn't get a podium at Brno or Estoril Telefonica Movistar would withdraw their support, maybe Sete cost them more than a race win.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 10:18 (Ref:377240)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks F1manoz, Sete is a real suprise! Do you think he is related to Seti - the search for intelligent life?
Old 10 Sep 2002, 10:51 (Ref:377266)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK

One would think.... but frankly he's been far more impressive than Mr. Roberts this year.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 11:15 (Ref:377293)   #11
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My heart sank when Sete fell, I would rate his ride up until that point as the best of the season so far.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 11:16 (Ref:377294)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
his ..... best of the season .....?????

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Sep 2002, 17:57 (Ref:377536)   #13
calcium
Racer

calcium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSB had the most electric atmosphere after race 2, I really wanted to be there. It was fantastic to see James Tosland on the podium, he couldn't believe it, bless him....
Old 13 Sep 2002, 00:28 (Ref:379194)   #14
Raven
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Dani Filth
his ..... best of the season .....?????
Yeah... He dominated the race and could've won with an inferior bike.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 01:33 (Ref:379209)   #15
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sete god love him. I felt as bad as i did good when max won last race.
*grumble* .. bloodly rossi
Old 13 Sep 2002, 05:10 (Ref:379251)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Well, hopefully after that performance Telefonica will rethink a pull-out from Suzuki. They certainly got a lot of spotlight thanks to that ride, and Roberts only just finished off the podium.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 08:41 (Ref:379356)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven

Yeah... He dominated the race and could've won with an inferior bike.
yes .. it was Sete's best race this season .. but not the best of the season .. ... of all drivers ..

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Sep 2002, 12:24 (Ref:379547)   #18
Raven
Veteran

England
Well thats my opinion from what I've seen... Who would you say has put in the best ride of the season so far??
Old 13 Sep 2002, 15:59 (Ref:379691)   #19
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Rossi. ... of course...

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Sep 2002, 00:54 (Ref:379969)   #20
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Kato in Jerez where he finished second, only one/two seconds behind Rossi. (That's if my memory is correct!)

Arnaud Vincents charge from behind to win in Britain was also spectacular.