Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 22 Jun 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3913516)   #151
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Motorsport Total hints that there is possibility of Nissan, Honda or Lexus teams in the DTM in 2020. Of course, it's unlikely to see Japanese factory teams but as WRT showed, customer teams can be quite successful.
Those bosses who commented are really lame in GT500. First of all GT500 are Klass 1 plus alfa - at least they have jet ignition and more power. Secondly, all cars are leased by the teams, no team has own car.
Old 22 Jun 2019, 22:33 (Ref:3913583)   #152
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's well known that Nissan refused to sell cars to Konrad and Lexus to the Swiss team.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 04:10 (Ref:3913612)   #153
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
It's well known that Nissan refused to sell cars to Konrad and Lexus to the Swiss team.

First Iíve heard of either of those happenings.

No real surprise. The Japanese like to keep their GT500 cars close and are very selective on who runs them. Even trying to buy an older chassis that hasnít raced for years is hard if you donít have the connections.
Old 23 Jun 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3913796)   #154
Juntos
Veteran

Those Super GT500 cars come with a lot of technology. Jap-automakers don't want them in wrong hands I guess.
Old 24 Jun 2019, 01:20 (Ref:3913815)   #155
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrich07 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Those Super GT500 cars come with a lot of technology. Jap-automakers don't want them in wrong hands I guess.

Very much so. All of the GT500 cars Iíve seen in private hands (could count them on one hand) didnít come with a drivetrain.

On a slight tangent thereís a GT300 Vemac in America and the owner is trying to put a stroked NSX motor in it. Heís on instagram
Old 24 Jun 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3913989)   #156
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm travelling next weekend!
Old 4 Jul 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3915837)   #157
LDM
Rookie

England
SE London / NE Kent
LDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be at the DTM event at Brands Hatch this year for the first time, is this normally a big / busy event?
Old 4 Jul 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3915865)   #158
CharliesDad
Rookie

CharliesDad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDM View Post
Will be at the DTM event at Brands Hatch this year for the first time, is this normally a big / busy event?
I went to last years' DTM at Brands and it was far less busy than expected, I'd say maybe half the crowd of BTCC. There's a lot more down time on the track with bigger gaps in the support package. Less racing + higher prices seemed to keep the crowds away a bit
Old 6 Jul 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3916175)   #159
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just came back from the Saturday activities. I certainly enjoyed it, but I expected a bit more, especially from the race action and surrounding scenery.

Between an online delivery and today, I've bought a dozen of model racecars. However I really couldn't convince myself to spend 60 euros for an AF Corse Ferrari.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 22:45 (Ref:3916223)   #160
Juntos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Between an online delivery and today, I've bought a dozen of model racecars. However I really couldn't convince myself to spend 60 euros for an AF Corse Ferrari.

Hope you did it for a Aston Martin Vantage DTM. Money has no fatherland!
Old 8 Jul 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3916554)   #161
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just came back from the Saturday activities. I certainly enjoyed it, but I expected a bit more, especially from the race action and surrounding scenery.

Would be interesting, what you are critical on?
Or what could be better.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3916710)   #162
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
There were few overtaking attempts, especially in race 1.

The venue wasn't as well maintained as I expected. Behind the grandstands there was dirt, and when wind blew the air got dusty.

It was a nightmare to cross the track. Twice we were told to stay in the grandstands of the main straight, rather than finishing crossing it all. This means we had no time to visit the paddock/fan village on Sunday.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3917126)   #163
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There were few overtaking attempts, especially in race 1.

The venue wasn't as well maintained as I expected. Behind the grandstands there was dirt, and when wind blew the air got dusty.

It was a nightmare to cross the track. Twice we were told to stay in the grandstands of the main straight, rather than finishing crossing it all. This means we had no time to visit the paddock/fan village on Sunday.

Ok, thats mainly the problem of non-permanent racetracks. I remember my visits at DTM Race in Singen around 1992, where you needed to walk through a muddy field to go on grandstand on mainstraight. Visit to Paddock was only possible, when coming or going to parking lot.

And yes - overtaking was not that much. I expected also more, but i think, power and traction is already to high. It needs some instability and not that much power to have interesting overtakes.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3917135)   #164
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
... overtaking was not that much. I expected also more, but i think, power and traction is already to high. It needs some instability and not that much power to have interesting overtakes.
It's the brakes and traction that are the problem - if they're too good then overtaking is made more difficult. The power is not an issue (and if aero was reduced then the power would make driving more difficult - more mistakes and more overtakes.)

I've only seen the DTM in the flesh at Donington and Brands Hatch (Indy and GP circuits) - the cars are at their best through the quick sections (they're much better on the GP loop than the Indy circuit at Brands for example). I don't know whether the Norisring is the best circuit for these cars? (It's an iconic venue but it may not show the cars off at their best?)
Old 12 Jul 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3917136)   #165
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDM View Post
Not as big or busy as BTCC but usually busier than British GT - don't know if that helps?