Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Jul 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2255499)   #351
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read through Jans press from the latest race at Mid Ohio, he said laughing that they where having a blast of a race
Old 21 Jul 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2255507)   #352
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
It's Corvetes move, P1 or GT2, they just need to give us a hint.
I think that is largely dependant how much participation from GM will be allowed by rule in the GT-2 cum GT-1 class of the future, and how much of a cut there will be (probable), if any, in the Road Racing Division of GM Motorsport.

Quote:
It's crunch time in the next month or two.
Yes it is. We should (hopefully) know which direction GM will go.

Quote:
I agree, preparing for Le Mans is no longer relelevant, all they have left is the E85 talk.
If GM does not pull out of racing, I suspect we will see the C6.Rs at Lemans in 09, if no where else.

L.P.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2256155)   #353
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a buddy who works at Pratt & Miller and he keeps throwing Athertons at me saying "If you knew what I know...", but never reveals anything. I hope it's a sign of good things to come.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2256226)   #354
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Why not try the old trick of ..... " hey dude ..... wanna go for a beer" ...... and get him wrecked so his wheels fall off ..... and he will probably spill the bean's ???

Further more ..... try the one about "if you were my friend ..... you would tell me" ..... crap !!!

Last edited by The Badger; 22 Jul 2008 at 22:32.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 18:54 (Ref:2257332)   #355
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Fehan is saying that if the program does not get the AXE (my words here, paraphrasing) that he feels there will still be a place to run the C6.Rs at least in N.America through 09. Full interview @DSC.

L.P.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2257358)   #356
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
I've got a buddy who works at Pratt & Miller and he keeps throwing Athertons at me saying "If you knew what I know...", but never reveals anything. I hope it's a sign of good things to come.
What will happen?

Something wonderful..!!

- trust me, you will enjoy
Old 24 Jul 2008, 20:08 (Ref:2257366)   #357
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greedy billionaires running sometimes conflicting series, faltering corporations making "Marketing Footprints" and fuzzy-headed rules makers doing their fuzzy-headed thing certainly sounds like a recipe for a wonderful stew.

Cynic? And I'm not even 70 yet (but I am over 25,379 days old).

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 24 Jul 2008, 20:31 (Ref:2257374)   #358
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Sorry for the multiple posts, my Dell from Hell went thru a blue screen of death and several strange messages right in the middle of posting. Excuse me while I rush to back up.

Old 24 Jul 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2257393)   #359
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe not a cynic but possibly senial....I kid I kid.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2257404)   #360
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David, I think you've made your point...

Last edited by mattcat; 24 Jul 2008 at 21:19.
Old 25 Jul 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2257877)   #361
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lets cut down on the spam posts, please..
Old 26 Jul 2008, 02:42 (Ref:2258017)   #362
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
Was that me ranting? Sorry! Guess I am getting tired of the "I know something you don't know but I'm not telling" stuff.

The last of the first hand, real facts that I had was the termination of C6.R construction and that is such old news it may not even be true now.

Does anyone have any "the real guy standing there hammering on the actual car told me" info that they can spill? If not I may get bored and ranty again and completely lose my former scholarly reputation. I have already let my magnificent web site fall behind.

Back to the topic at hand, I truly hope that the parties involved find a way to get Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari and other major players on the same playing field in the top level GT series. LMP cars are of little interest to me. They do not represent the car sitting in my garage.

Thank you for your kind attention. My medications seem to be working much better now....

Old 26 Jul 2008, 02:53 (Ref:2258018)   #363
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Lets cut down on the spam posts, please..

I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at??
Old 11 Aug 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2267177)   #364
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the TV coverage yesterday they had allready testing parts for Le Mans 2009 in the cars.
Old 11 Aug 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2267219)   #365
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Parts for which car though, much could be interchanged with P1 and GT2. It's not as if they'll have any competition next year.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 22:15 (Ref:2272408)   #366
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ing-steve//P1/

All quiet on the front line...
Old 20 Aug 2008, 23:17 (Ref:2272423)   #367
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Nothing at all mentioned about a possible move down to GT2 in there though. I have to think realistically, they'll be back in GT1 next year, watching how everything with LMP1 pans out to see if it's worth getting into.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2272429)   #368
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are they seriously worried about getting thwacked at La Sarthe in '09 by a brace of private DBR9s? There seems to be a feeling of job done for the works DBR9 programme after this year's repeat win. Regardless of how close to the edge of the development envelope the C6.R is - and given the quality of Pratt and Miller and the funding available, I believe them when they say it is - Corvette Racing is still the best GT team on the planet. Team Modena, while a professional privateer, is no match. I think that tone is a touch hyperbolic.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:18 (Ref:2272574)   #369
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope they will convince Aston also to do 1 more race in GT1, although that would be very unlikly with them concentrating on LMP1. Maybe Modena with some factory support or Jetallaince, if they get invited.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2272828)   #370
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
P&M are the best on the track, but will also be well aware of future business opportunities.

I really cannot think of a better fit than the GT1 motor in the back of a new customer P1, whether run by P&M or customers (who would surely be queing around the block!).

Put the GT1's out of their missery and invest that budget, and GT1 technology, into a future program.

A full factory P1 can come in time when the budget and P1 experience is there, the customer option is perfect for '09.

Last edited by JAG; 21 Aug 2008 at 17:10.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:10 (Ref:2272830)   #371
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
P&M are the best on the track, but will also be well aware of future business opportunities.

I really cannot think of a better fit than the GT1 motor in the back of a new customer P1, whether run by P&M or customers (who would surely be queing round the block!).

Put the GT1's out of their missery and invest that budget, and GT1 technology, into a future program.

Chevy has a contract with P&M though 2010. If Chevy ending the contract it would cost them more then the whole 5 year contract was worth from the beginning.

SO Chevy can not end the contract and invest the money some place else
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2272831)   #372
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
I am sorry to drag the level down, on this very relevant discussion.

But I have had very vivid dreams, since I heard a rumour about a Pesca with that rumbling 7 liter V8 racing down Mulsanne, blowing flames and all.

Sorry, I just had to get it out of my system
Old 21 Aug 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2272849)   #373
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Chevy has a contract with P&M though 2010. If Chevy ending the contract it would cost them more then the whole 5 year contract was worth from the beginning.

SO Chevy can not end the contract and invest the money some place else
Ding,ding,ding,ding we have a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

I really cannot think of a better fit than the GT1 motor in the back of a new customer P1, whether run by P&M or customers (who would surely be queing around the block!).

A full factory P1 can come in time when the budget and P1 experience is there, the customer option is perfect for '09.
It would not be very prudent to put, possibly, the engine for a, possible, future P-1, GM of some sort, on the open market! And Wesoloski has no idea at this time what the future may truely hold, budget, no budget, limp along for a year and then get the o.k.????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
I am sorry to drag the level down, on this very relevant discussion.

But I have had very vivid dreams, since I heard a rumour about a Pesca with that rumbling 7 liter V8 racing down Mulsanne, blowing flames and all.

Sorry, I just had to get it out of my system
Seems it's more wishful thinking than rumor, at the moment.

Quote:
Steve Wesoloski: “We have had inquiries regarding using our GT1 engine in an LMP1 chassis but have not decided if we want to get into the business of selling hardware for those purposes.”
L.P.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2272859)   #374
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Seems it's more wishful thinking than rumor, at the moment.
Sadly, I know..
Old 21 Aug 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2272893)   #375
JAG
Veteran

England
These engines wouldn't just be dished out, teams would be hand picked, there'd be no shortage of takers. They'd be leased and supported by GM engineers, just like Audi, Porsche, Judd etc do.

P&M would be needed to design and intergrate the V8 into one, possibly more, chassis, even if they don't run a car themselves, plus, more than likely they'll run the GT1 in a handfull of races.

Prodrive operate on a much lower budget yet are now the best out of the rest behind the diesels, no doubt front runners next year, they've shown this model works, have full control, and are gaining experience.

I'd say it is now massively odds on the GT1 motor will be in the back of a P1 next year.

Last edited by JAG; 21 Aug 2008 at 19:07.