Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Oct 2008, 21:40 (Ref:2319411)   #551
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
What is wrong with the yellow and black livery, with skulls and all?

Team USA, with foreign drivers... Naa, I doubt it will work. Eventhough Panoz tried something like that.. Look cool though

I wouldn't mind seeing the Laguna Seca 2007 livery all year long. Just badass.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 21:42 (Ref:2319415)   #552
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Compete like adults or go home like children?
or buy old GT1 cars and go play race car driver in SROs races ??
Old 23 Oct 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2319417)   #553
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David

Exactly? EXACTLY? No, no, no, not exactly. PLEASE, I mean, PLEASE, I really mean, PLEASE don't paint it yellow!
David, do you know why the vettes were painted Yellow in the first place?
and why the yellow was changed from Millennium Yellow( gold over spray) to Velocity Yellow ( with Green tint) ?
Old 23 Oct 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2319423)   #554
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
I wouldn't mind seeing the Laguna Seca 2007 livery all year long. Just badass.
Absolutely horny livery
Old 23 Oct 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2319426)   #555
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
and why the yellow was changed from Millennium Yellow( gold over spray) to Velocity Yellow ( with Green tint) ?
I don't, can you tell me?
Old 23 Oct 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2319483)   #556
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82
No Vettes at Lime Rock then?
According to the schedule... no.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 00:01 (Ref:2319494)   #557
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No more yelllloowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

New class, new program, new legacy.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2319498)   #558
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche45
According to the schedule... no.
Thats a bummer if indeed thats true. My boss' father organizes the Corvette Corral up there, and it will be unfortunate if P&M doesn't show. Maybe LG will be there to fill the void.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 00:32 (Ref:2319505)   #559
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't KNOW why they were yellow but I always assumed it was a Marketing push for the Millennium since it was introduced at Daytona 2000:

The change to Velocity Yellow is because the production color was changed, I can only guess further about the tint coats maybe having something to do with TV visibility.....

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 01:21 (Ref:2319519)   #560
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
The GT-2 should makes its debut at Mid Ohio post Le Mans. here

L.P.
Steve Wesoloski mentioned in the Corvette Corrall paddock talk at Laguna that the car will make its debut whenever they feel it's ready to win. They don't want to start the program out fighting for 10th. I'd assume the car will be ready by then, but who knows
Old 24 Oct 2008, 12:25 (Ref:2319883)   #561
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I don't KNOW why they were yellow but I always assumed it was a Marketing push for the Millennium since it was introduced at Daytona 2000:

The change to Velocity Yellow is because the production color was changed, I can only guess further about the tint coats maybe having something to do with TV visibility.....
Darn close David.

Yellow is the most intimidating color and still visible when dirty. Silver /gray is the least visible and least intimidating color on the race track.

The change to Velocity Yellow was for the race cars, the production cars followed. Velocity Yellow is more YELLOW when dirty then the Millennium Yellow was.

Intimidating color is for the drivers about to be lapped looking in their review mirrors. for Marketing, TV and spectators, Yellow sticks out.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2319950)   #562
David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting, thanks for the insights.

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2319968)   #563
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Darn close David.

Yellow is the most intimidating color and still visible when dirty. Silver /gray is the least visible and least intimidating color on the race track.

The change to Velocity Yellow was for the race cars, the production cars followed. Velocity Yellow is more YELLOW when dirty then the Millennium Yellow was.

Intimidating color is for the drivers about to be lapped looking in their review mirrors. for Marketing, TV and spectators, Yellow sticks out.
Can't follow you on yellow being intimidating. I mean, bees, tulips, sunflowers, Pac Man, the sun and forum emoticons aren't exactly the pinnacles of intimidation. I would rather class it as a color of positive and peaceful affirmation. In nature, intimidation is all about red and black. The Team Modena gray/red livery with red wheels for example has a lot more presence and exudes more menace than the fairly harmless Corvette yellow.

Want another example? Look at Darth Vader: Black suit, red lightsaber. Now imagine him in a yellow suit.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2320029)   #564
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
Steve Wesoloski mentioned in the Corvette Corrall paddock talk at Laguna that the car will make its debut whenever they feel it's ready to win. They don't want to start the program out fighting for 10th. I'd assume the car will be ready by then, but who knows
What Fehan said about Lime Rock is that they believe - for now - that it is likely too soon after running the GT1 at Le Mans to handle the logistics to introduce the GT2 there...so they are aiming at Mid-Ohio.

It's my sense that is today's judgment - time could change it...either direction. I didn't get the sense that a 10th first time out would bother them. A tenth the fifth time out would.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2320060)   #565
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
Can't follow you on yellow being intimidating. I mean, bees, tulips, sunflowers, Pac Man, the sun and forum emoticons aren't exactly the pinnacles of intimidation. I would rather class it as a color of positive and peaceful affirmation. In nature, intimidation is all about red and black. The Team Modena gray/red livery with red wheels for example has a lot more presence and exudes more menace than the fairly harmless Corvette yellow.

Want another example? Look at Darth Vader: Black suit, red lightsaber. Now imagine him in a yellow suit.
I can understand how you come to that point. Have you ever had a YELLOW sports car, be it a Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette or what ever come up behind you on the Highway then fly by you?

Yellow and Red are not peaceful colors. They are colors of excitement.

Black vehicles, black clothing ppl think is a power color. It is not. It is a color of self drought and self indulgence. psychology of color.

PPL Love or hate yellow. That is OK. The emotion is the same.

Marketing.

oh and
Quote:
fairly harmless Corvette yellow.
not been up close to a YELLOW corvette or even a YELLOW Porsche, or a YELLOW Ferrari, a YELLOW Viper?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 16:16 (Ref:2320071)   #566
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who cares what the color it is if they're all over your rear view?

Yellow stands out, but it isn't intimidating.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2320086)   #567
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

It would be nice to see the GT-2 C6.Rs in a different livery than the monotone velocity yellow.

But, I think you might be intimidated with one of the yellow Vettes all over your rear view!

L.P.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2320090)   #568
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:

Tom and Wally are both right.

Yellow is a "look at me color", it announces loudy, its presence, but there really are no intimidating colors on a race track.

I used to drive a yellow Mustang and people often asked me if I cruising for tickets.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2320124)   #569
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the GM move to GT2, is it a real strike to Ratel plans for GT1 World Championship ?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2320128)   #570
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, because the current GT1 championship is nothing but dead. The new regs will count the GT2 as king of the GT´s.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 17:53 (Ref:2320136)   #571
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
No, because the current GT1 championship is nothing but dead. The new regs will count the GT2 as king of the GT´s.
If GM will not buid a GT1 for 2010, I really hope that Corvette will allow at least Callaway to do it, they are doing very well with the Z06 GT3 leading the drivers standing
Old 24 Oct 2008, 17:56 (Ref:2320137)   #572
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
I can understand how you come to that point. Have you ever had a YELLOW sports car, be it a Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette or what ever come up behind you on the Highway then fly by you?
On those occasions I really care about the car, not the color. What goes through my mind then usually are power, torque, weight and acceleration figures with childlike wonder and glee. If the driver comes too close and violates traffic law I occasionally wonder about what kind of ******* is at the wheel there, but I've never considered a car intimidating.

Quote:
Yellow and Red are not peaceful colors. They are colors of excitement.
Yellow a color of excitement? I've never seen a woman turn yellow in my presence. If one did though, that'd be a case for the hospital. Which object on earth turns yellow with excitement? I consider yellow pretty soothing and friendly. Yellow guns? Never heard of. Yellow crowd control armour? Not seen yet. Yellow lingerie? Rare. Yellow belts in martial arts? Not quite the danger. Yellow butterflies? Not running away just yet.

Quote:
Black vehicles, black clothing ppl think is a power color. It is not. It is a color of self drought and self indulgence. psychology of color.
I get it. Black bears, dogs, panthers and birds are self-indulgent then.
There are evolutionary reasons for our visual semiotics and perceptual characteristics. An animal in black is hard to see, difficult to grasp visually ahead of a confrontation, and can more easily hide itself or its weapons, which is why it gets a bonus on our danger assessment scale. An animal in red is usually excited, with lots of blood flowing, which means either sex or murder. Both can be quite close and dangerous in the animal kingdom and get the adrenaline flowing.

Quote:
PPL Love or hate yellow. That is OK. The emotion is the same.
I like yellow. It's just neither intimidating nor exciting. As for loving or hating something, just look at my sig.

------->

Quote:
oh and not been up close to a YELLOW corvette or even a YELLOW Porsche, or a YELLOW Ferrari, a YELLOW Viper?
I've been up close to yellow Porsches, Ferraris and Corvettes, and NO, the yellow color has nothing to do with their appeal to me. In fact, the color still seemed at odds with how I felt about the car in general.

Please, give a few examples of dangerous yellow objects in nature which would have caused an evolutionary impetus to class yellow as an exciting or dangerous color.

Easily visible? Yes. Exciting or intimidating? No.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2320140)   #573
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
If GM will not buid a GT1 for 2010, I really hope that Corvette will allow at least Callaway to do it, they are doing very well with the Z06 GT3 leading the drivers standing
What for, when nobody of interest plans to contest that category? I'm highly in favour of the general move towards GT2.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2320151)   #574
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
But, I think you might be intimidated with one of the yellow Vettes all over your rear view!

L.P.
Nah. I'd be worried about what the fool might do if it was on the street. If it was on the track, then at least I'd see it.

RB got it. Black is intimidating, menacing even. Yellow is to stand out.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 18:30 (Ref:2320169)   #575
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Please, give a few examples of dangerous yellow objects in nature which would have caused an evolutionary impetus to class yellow as an exciting or dangerous color.
Wasps, salamanders, iirc there are some butterflies that mimik the black and yellow of wasps to intimidate birds and other predators.