Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Mar 2009, 08:41 (Ref:2418065)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Spotter Guide -updated prior to each ALMS race

This is the thread to alert you to release of all Ten-Tenths.com ALMS Spotter Guides during the 2009 season.

The guide for Round 1 of the ALMS at Sebring is now available online (thanks Grant!) at www.spotterguides.com

The ALMS guide will be updated prior to each race. You can also follow updates via Facebook (see link on left hand side of spotterguides.com), or this thread.

This year, following a number of requests, we have added crash helmets, showing the basic design to the guides.

We are indebted to The American Le Mans Series and almost all of the teams who helped with supplying liveries for the guide. We would also like to thank Misty Dreifuss, Marshall Pruett, John Hindhaugh and Martin Spetz for all their extra help.

Thanks also go to our partners this year, Ten-Tenths.com, Radio Le Mans, SpeedTV.com and the American Le Mans Series.

Many thanks for your continued support.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2418187)   #2
scoff
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
scoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great work! Though the lizards (44 and 45) are swapped (# on the car or in total).
Old 18 Mar 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2418266)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know how you continue to make improvements...Just when I think it can't get any better, it gets better! Looks fantastic!

Last edited by joeb; 18 Mar 2009 at 13:50. Reason: typo
Old 18 Mar 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2418276)   #4
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WONDERFUL!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2418321)   #5
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brilliant Andy!
Thanks.

PS. the 44 and 45 cars are in the wrong slots.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2418355)   #6
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Brilliant Andy!
Thanks.

PS. the 44 and 45 cars are in the wrong slots.
now corrected. Sorry about that
Old 18 Mar 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2418374)   #7
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good stuff Andy! The helmets are a really nice addition, even though they're bound to cause problems with being up to date (TK has a new lid for instance). When people are at the track, though, helmet keys are really useful for following the actual flow of the race and while I know most of them in the series proper, I know I'd be lost at Sebring!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2418451)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, I had quite a few requests for helmets and I already have a template for the F1 guide, so with the help of the ALMS, I thought what the heck...However, they took ***** ages to create in the end

Just simple basic graphics, rather than all the detailing.

I caught a few of the new lids like Pat Long, the Dodge drivers, Luhr and a few others, but I'm always going to be chasing a little
Old 18 Mar 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2418459)   #9
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For sure! TK's new helmet is a very complicated design too, hard to render in simple terms as it is a collage of parts of the R10 that they won LM with last year. I just noticed it because it is a really neat design that pays tribute to his teammates - the names from the side of the rollhoop figure prominently, not just his but McNish and Capello too.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2418467)   #10
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
ah, i've seen that before. He ran that at RoC. Is he running that this weekend..... bugger, won't be easy!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2418474)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Yes he is running it this weekend. There are some decent close-up shots of just the helmet on motorsport.com, check the Tuesday test gallery around pg 15 or 16 if you're looking!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2418765)   #12
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TK had two lids made, the second he gave to Rupert Städler of Audi management board.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 10:26 (Ref:2419131)   #13
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant as usually !

There is a minor typo in the #07 Peugeot field. The driver name should be Klien not Klein
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2419228)   #14
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy, do you know if Intersport will get some color at some point this weekend or will they just run bare for now?
Old 19 Mar 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2419438)   #15
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Brilliant! Been waiting for that. Thank you very much!

Now to test the new color laser printer...
Old 19 Mar 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2419498)   #16
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Thanks for the feedback guys

I believe Intersport are as shown but with Black wind endplates and a sponsor on the side pod.

Also, the Henzeler, Werner helmets for VICI somehow got swapped this time around
Old 19 Mar 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2419805)   #17
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super smashing great!

Thanks for this, quality is superb.

(Not sure why on earth I just used a 1980's quiz show catchphrase...)
Old 20 Mar 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2419862)   #18
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys

I believe Intersport are as shown but with Black wind endplates and a sponsor on the side pod.

Also, the Henzeler, Werner helmets for VICI somehow got swapped this time around
I was going to point out the helmet swap but I felt like I was being enough of an ass already. Anyway, just to not make that mistake again - they drive for Farnbacher-Loles!
Old 20 Mar 2009, 01:39 (Ref:2419895)   #19
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Super fantastic as always Andy, looks great on screen and even better on paper!
Old 2 Apr 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2431116)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada

ALMS Spotters Guide for St.Petersburg is now available to download at www.spotterguides.com
Old 16 Apr 2009, 17:21 (Ref:2442411)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada

Sorry for the delay, the Ten-Tenths supported ALMS Spotter Guide is now online at www.spotterguides.com , complete with the new entries from VICI and Falken and the return of Corvette
Old 14 May 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2462165)   #22
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
The ALMS Spotter Guide for the Utah round is now available, complete with Corsa livery (rough design) and GT3 challenge cars.

download @ www.spotterguides.com
Old 15 Jul 2009, 16:51 (Ref:2502349)   #23
andy_b
Veteran

Canada

The Ten-Tenths.con ALMS Spotter Guide now up http://www.spotterguides.com/content/view/20/43/

(doesnt include Bryce Miller @ Farnbacher Loles - will update tonight IF thats confirmed)
Old 15 Jul 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2502355)   #24
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent work thanx
Old 16 Jul 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2502771)   #25
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Lime Rock Spotter Guide has been updated with the Bryce Miller driver change at FarnbacherLoles. www.spotterguides.com