Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 May 2003, 19:03 (Ref:589377)   #1
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phoenix 250

Just wanted to congratulate Hurley Haywood and JC France on their race win. Even though there were only 4 prototypes and a whole bunch of grand am cars to fill the field it was a pretty entertaining race.
Old 4 May 2003, 20:31 (Ref:589500)   #2
jonboyG
Racer

jonboyG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I only caught the first hour and the last 20 minutes, but it was a great race, although I'm not a huge fan of the new Daytona Prototypes - they just don;t look quite right to me. The battle between the M3 and the 360 at the end was outstanding - a great move on the last lap.
Old 5 May 2003, 04:56 (Ref:589749)   #3
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the last corner!

The beginning of the race was quite good, they fought hard. All of the DPs were at one point running fastest, I beleive. I was lovin' Borchellar's last charge. I think the Cup cars made the DPs look fast.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 6 May 2003, 00:52 (Ref:590490)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree it was a great race, very entertaining! The DP cars were really slugging it out early and they were lapping cars by the third lap, not bad. The duel between the Ferrari and the Bimmer, wow, great racing, one of the best moves of the year!

I'll tell you what, if Grand Am can continue to put on shows like that they will have a very bright future ahead. It made me forget all the DP controversy and how "slow" they are. I just sat back and watched one of the best sports car races I've seen in recent memory.

The question I have is: Can they survive without fans in the stands? Phoenix, like Homestead, was dead empty!

Danica Patrick
Old 6 May 2003, 01:47 (Ref:590498)   #5
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea, it was really exciting, but it was exciting because of the slower cup cars. they got in the way every 4 laps. i really didnt like that, but it made for some great racing with the DP's. that was one exciting race. i wonder why Ferrari of Washington isnt running in the alms? they have a top-notch crew, and are very professional. maybe grand-am is paying them to stay in the series?
Old 6 May 2003, 03:42 (Ref:590519)   #6
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or maybe they just like winning.

I really wish GA would have been more selective as to which Cup cars they let in the race. The Firebirds were simply rolling chicanes.

The formula of competitive racing that GA has been going for was acheived at this race. Now, where are all the customers they promised? I'm not eating my words about the DPs yet.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 6 May 2003, 23:36 (Ref:591784)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Grand Am feels the need to fill the field, and right now there taking what they can get, unfortunatly that includes some stiffs like the Firebirds.

Hopefully that will change as (or if!) the series can grow.
The promise of new DP and GT cars and teams would probably enable them to start weeding out the cars that don't belong.

Danica Patrick