Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Feb 2014, 16:35 (Ref:3364487)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
is it too off message to admit as I dont race as much as most on this forum I am getting excited by this.... the Mk2 engine fires up hopefully this weekend for the first time now loom is installed and FIA inspection I think next week. First time I will drive it will be testing at Goodwood on 14th March - hope its dry!
MK2 what Simon,|\???? sorry if I have missed this
Old 5 Feb 2014, 16:40 (Ref:3364490)   #27
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
MK2 what Simon,|\???? sorry if I have missed this
My immediate assumption is that it must be a Jag, but I am sure that I must be wrong. Well, that is what my ex always used to tell me!
Old 5 Feb 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3364495)   #28
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
indeed - a 1963 Jaguar mk2 3.8. If I had been sensible I would have bought Colin's when he offered it to me about 5 years ago. Instead I boought an unfinished restoration, take it back to bare metal and started again.
It has been a long journey, as they say in the reality shows, but the end result is something I am really pleased with and cannot wait to get home. Best part is that it is road registered so I will be able to enjoy taking it for Sunday morning blats up the A303!!
Old 5 Feb 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3364510)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Simon, I look forward to seeing the Jaguar the flesh, having seen the FB pics.
Old 5 Feb 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3364522)   #30
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I know - crazy long time and only 8 months late (was supposed to be ready for the Revival last year!) it will not be the quickest as we are running proper metal bumpers rather than fibre glass and I have reinstalled all leather and wood! However the result is a stunning car and hopefully will wherever possible be driven to the track and driven home afterwards... like it was a few years ago

sounds like a Reliant Robin to me.....

with coachwork by MPW hence the leather and wood

Rudolf
Old 5 Feb 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3364523)   #31
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Well I got the Cortina back from the blasters yesterday. . . all looking good, SOunds like I'm catching you guys up . . .although I've run out of money this month already!
Old 5 Feb 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3364608)   #32
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
YoungRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to the races, we have a few cars there, i assume the group b rally cars will be on the Tarmac for their parade ? Let's hope for a dry weekend ! I wonder if this will be a yearly occurrence at Goodwood !
Old 6 Feb 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3364716)   #33
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Rain will be, and wind, hot and cold.
Old 14 Feb 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3368523)   #34
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had an email from Goodwood offering me the chance to buy tickets, as a friend of FoS and Revival........a tad expensive even for Goodwood.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 04:04 (Ref:3368636)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As I understand it, the Group 1 grid is full. The Goodwood effect?
Old 15 Feb 2014, 06:14 (Ref:3368656)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
As I understand it, the Group 1 grid is full. The Goodwood effect?
The interesting thing will be how many of the cars continue to be raced afterwards or get locked away until same time next year...........

The Goodwood effect?

Old 15 Feb 2014, 06:20 (Ref:3368657)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That was my point.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3368660)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
That was my point.
Too subtle for me, Peter!

Old 15 Feb 2014, 07:23 (Ref:3368663)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 15 Feb 2014, 19:29 (Ref:3368835)   #40
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Had an email from Goodwood offering me the chance to buy tickets, as a friend of FoS and Revival........a tad expensive even for Goodwood.
How much then? And are you a GRRC member?
Old 15 Feb 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3368861)   #41
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Not a member but seems people who have bought FoS or Revival tickets got the mail.
Weekend ticket £120, single day ticket £75.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3368862)   #42
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
As I understand it, regular attendees of the Goodwood event, plus those on the GRRC membership waiting list are eligible to purchase tickets.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3368893)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Thats big of them.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:56 (Ref:3368915)   #44
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I think I'll give that a miss then,I can get a return ticket to the sun for less !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Feb 2014, 06:26 (Ref:3368964)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
They set a precedent by charging members that price- for their allocation of four max per member, so could hardly offer them to non-members for less. The fact that they are now offering them to a wider 'audience' suggests intitial take up was not good. On this occasion I wonder if they have mis-read the market slightly......

In the meantime someone is working their socks off doing PR and promotion, every car monthly remotely intererested has had a feature on the event, and the weekly motorsport rag has 1/2 page per issue with latest news of the stars and cars that will be present.

They are trying hard!
Old 16 Feb 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3368973)   #46
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah. ISTR that way back at the start of this thread I thought they would have to open it to the hoi polloi or make it eye wateringly expensive. It appears they've done both
Old 17 Feb 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3369338)   #47
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Wandering around in March in England!

The great and good that usually attend Goodwood events are not ready for that.

In the far off days they held Race of Champions at BH in March and not many people turned up.

Remember snow on ground in about 65 when Jim Clark and Dan Gurney had a hell of a battle and a big crash.
Old 17 Feb 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3369348)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
John, I concur but it has galvanised those who own "genuine" cars to turn out which in my opinion can only be a good thing although admittedly I am rather biased.

That said I'll be flying in from warmer climes and flying back out again!
Old 17 Feb 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3369352)   #49
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Wandering around in March in England!

The great and good that usually attend Goodwood events are not ready for that.

In the far off days they held Race of Champions at BH in March and not many people turned up.

Remember snow on ground in about 65 when Jim Clark and Dan Gurney had a hell of a battle and a big crash.
I remember all that so well and as it's your birthday (as quoted on ten-tenths), you are entitled your memories. Happy Birthday John
Old 17 Feb 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3369354)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Oops sorry I missed it. Happy birthday John.