Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 20 Aug 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1992723)   #26
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
But he's going to NASCAR...
Then this thread should be under the NASCAR section.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1994263)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I cannot say I am shocked at him going to NASCAR.

As I have said in other threads in other forums, what Speed wanted to do would not really have figured in this decision. He would do what Red Bull told him to do.

Red Bull are essentially a marketing company now, thus NASCAR is easily the best option to get a return on their investment in Scott. Speed moving to NASCAR is no massive shock.

I am not convinced that he will excel, but I wish him well.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 22:47 (Ref:1994792)   #28
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Red Bull are essentially a marketing company now, thus NASCAR is easily the best option to get a return on their investment in Scott. Speed moving to NASCAR is no massive shock.
Sad but True. Though I just now went on Red Bulls website and wrote them with my extreme disappointment of Redbull taking promising american open wheel talent and sticking it in nascar. At least I feel a little better.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1995004)   #29
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What this is still here. Motion to move
Old 23 Aug 2007, 13:41 (Ref:1995110)   #30
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I would think Scott would be more suited to Champ Cars and their road courses than to IRL.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 02:53 (Ref:1995564)   #31
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think if we didn't consider Scott moving to NASCAR we live in a terrifically sheltered world. Scott Speed is an ex-F1 driver. In F1 you are made out by everyone around you to be "the cat's meow" and you get attracted to being the big star (the only REAL appeal to F1 besides the money - maybe the speed but I digress). NASCAR is F1 only you have more average earning potential, you get more stardom and your posse surrounding you telling you that you are "the cat's meow" grows exponentially. Quite honestly I thought Scott was the anti-F1 driver, F1 driver... apparently I was wrong, he wants money and fame - he doesn't drive for the shear driving pleasure.

Chris