Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 28 Aug 2007, 04:56 (Ref:1998094)   #51
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are spotters and strategists for?

I think you will find they knew exactly where he was going to come out.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 10:44 (Ref:1998289)   #52
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay
Wow. Once again I seem to have seen a completely different race than you. When did he drive anyone off the road? (I thought that was Dario!)

I do remember Helio banging wheels with Scott, but as Scott had the inside line and just held it, that would have to be down to Helio trying to pass. Neither driver complained about the incident after the race.

I haven't heard any complaints from any drivers about what Scott did. Dario even praised him for giving racing room when on cold tires! (unlike his own teammate).

Seriously dude, get the blinkers off.

edit: i see now you've already been reproached by Knowlesy...
Get the blinkers off? 1 this has already been discussed as I already proved what I saw earlier. I explained each instance. Go look at youtube if they're on there.

Fact, Dixon coming out of the pits swerved dangerously across to the left then the right. He also later forced Kanaan onto the dirt at high speed when he was along side. Moving once, ok but continously swerving is dangerous and is also blocking and is not tolerated by the IRL. That is why he should have got a black flag for the 4th time. If you didn't see that then that isn't my problem.

As for Dario driving someone off, Marco closed the door on him, and Dario tapped him from behind. A racing incident which can't be compared to forcing drivers off the road or vioelently swerving multiple times.

I also said I fully understand why Dixon did this becaue it was vital he stayed ahead.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 13:02 (Ref:1998390)   #53
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did we all hear Marcos radio translation after he retired ?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 28 Aug 2007, 16:12 (Ref:1998491)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Violently swerving multiple times.

This really is tabloid stuff.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 17:48 (Ref:1998564)   #55
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Violently swerving multiple times.

This really is tabloid stuff.
Like I said before.

Oh, so dramatically, instantly swerving left then right so no one called past isn't violent swerving? If that isn't blocking, then I guess you describe blocking as literally blocking a race track. Fact is that is blocking and against the rules which earns a black flag. Like I said moving once is fine to me. Then you brought up Champ Car isn't even motor racing as well.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1998676)   #56
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Well apparently Tony slowed 2 seconds a lap when Dixon was stuck behind him and couldn't get past....no wonder ...I'd be swerving too if that was happening to me.

I don't want to take sides but I don't think we have heard the last of this issue. Two races to go and if TK is going to do all he can to help Dario win the title it doesn't look as though 'ethical' racing is going have much space to play in...
Old 28 Aug 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1998741)   #57
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
luke I think we put this one down to we choose to disagree on this matter as it seams we were watching diffrent races
Old 29 Aug 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1998847)   #58
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No need to disagree on this matter NAC, coz the kiwi won the race. No further discussion required.
AGR stuffed it up, and I must admit I had a great old laff at Mikey having a tantrum on his pit umbrella over it.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 09:56 (Ref:1999050)   #59
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great article by Miller there. I was suprised when Dario stayed with AGR this season after last season's Californian gift to Andretti jnr but maybe now he'll get the message.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1999344)   #60
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Message couldn't be much clearer, could it? And it was damn funny to watch Mikey throw his fit.

And anyone who turns right from pit out directly into the racing line and faster cars is a numbnutz. No way was that Dario's fault, except for having a bad team mate and nepotistic team owner.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 07:59 (Ref:1999858)   #61
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm - well i don't know about that. Marco stayed as far to the left as he should have done, until after the blend line, and if it was anyone other than a team mate it would have been a racing accident albeit one more caused by Marco than Dario.

You can only blame the team really - Dario was going to get through on the next corner anyway so why allow Marco the choice of slowing him down. Poor effort by the team management.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 09:01 (Ref:1999876)   #62
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Poor effort by the team management.
Summed up nicely
Old 30 Aug 2007, 18:23 (Ref:2000245)   #63
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In my open wheel column today, I placed it squarely on team management. They could've either held Marco another half second in the pits or they should have pitted him earlier to avoid it..

and it could become a million dollar mistake for AGR, because instead of a 21 point lead for Dario in the championship, it is now a four point deficit with another road/street course coming up this Sunday.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 19:53 (Ref:2000313)   #64
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
In my open wheel column today, I placed it squarely on team management. They could've either held Marco another half second in the pits or they should have pitted him earlier to avoid it..

and it could become a million dollar mistake for AGR, because instead of a 21 point lead for Dario in the championship, it is now a four point deficit with another road/street course coming up this Sunday.
Even better summed up. Tim can you post got a link ot the article? (we wont class that as self promotion, I asked)
Old 30 Aug 2007, 19:57 (Ref:2000315)   #65
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
www.lastturnclub.com

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:46 (Ref:2000366)   #66
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
And very fascinating read I may add...My afternoon just goes!