Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 May 2001, 22:41 (Ref:90539)   #1
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone has any encounters with the riders? Please share...

Just curious.

Has any of you met up with any of the riders (Rossi, Roberts, Biaggi, etc..)? Where? When? What was the experience like?

I really wanted the chance to meet up with them in person. We don't have a race track here in my country, so they obviously won't be here. The closest race track is at Pasir Gudang and Sepang in Malaysia (My country is just below Malaysia). Even so, I didn't get to go there to watch the live race.

~Sarah
Old 9 May 2001, 00:20 (Ref:90566)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
met mick doohan at sydney airport after he won at eastern creek in 1995......met anthony gobert at phillip island last year

would be great to meet rossi, but i'm sure you would have to be extremely lucky to close to him, the world wants to know what it is like to be valentino rossi.
Old 9 May 2001, 12:09 (Ref:90665)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've met Wayne Gardner, but when he was driving cars not bikes. And I've met Barry Sheene too and that was only a couple of months ago.
Old 14 May 2001, 05:07 (Ref:92148)   #4
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
met mick doohan at sydney airport after he won at eastern creek in 1995......met anthony gobert at phillip island last year

would be great to meet rossi, but i'm sure you would have to be extremely lucky to close to him, the world wants to know what it is like to be valentino rossi.
Oh wow..you're lucky to get to meet Doohan! If I get the chance to meet Rossi, I would probably froze to death...*...yea Sarah..dream on...*

~Sarah
Old 15 May 2001, 18:13 (Ref:92910)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was spannering for a fellow racer at Chris Walker's first ever bike race meeting. He had a novice jacket on and rode an RGV250.
He was **** fast as well, won a race and was just as hard on the bike.
By the way did anyone notice that Chris's bike was the slowest through the speed trap at Jerez, slower than the twins!
Has Honda given him a dud, I know he is new to it but he is not that slow for goodness sake.
Old 16 May 2001, 12:12 (Ref:93180)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For some reason, 99% of speedtraps in the braking area and aren't very good indicators of actual speed. Just who brakes last.
Old 21 May 2001, 19:10 (Ref:94887)   #7
bikerbabe155
Rookie

bikerbabe155 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

These are the riders that I have met.
AMA - Mat Mladin, Nicky Hayden, Tommy Hayden, Roger Lee Hayden, Eric Bostrom, John Hopkins, Doug Chandler, Kurtis Roberts.
WSBK - Troy Corser, Troy Bayliss, Ben Bostrom, Frankie Chili, Akira Yanagawa, Aaron Slight (not there, anymore), Fujiwara.
GP500 - Nori Haga

I have all their autographs.

I wish I could have met Rossi...