Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

View Poll Results: Who is your pick for the IRL Champ 2007?
Dario Franchitti 30 56.60%
Scott Dixon 22 41.51%
Other (please state driver) 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Aug 2007, 01:42 (Ref:1986468)   #26
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, 120 laps into todays race I would say it was going to be Dario's, but then the craziness...

It's really gotta be frustrating for Dario, he's been the faster guy in both the last two races quite easily, but somehow he's come away with a smaller points lead.

Going back to road courses now where Scott's had the slight edge all year. I might give a slight favouritism back to him now.

Here's another thing, I said earlier that Dario had the advantage with 3 teammates to help him. Now that TK is still in the hunt he won't be gifting Dario any positions. Wheldon on the other hand is out of it - and has no love lost with AGR at the moment - so I can see going into Chicagoland him being a big help for Dixon as wingman. They finished 1-2 there last year.
Old 12 Aug 2007, 12:12 (Ref:1986616)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What we need now is for Dario and Scott to have a bad weekend at Sears Point and for TK to score maximum points.

I think it is in Scotts favour now. He has momentum and they are hitting the sweet spot with the car pretty much every race.
Old 16 Aug 2007, 23:47 (Ref:1990569)   #28
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how Dario's nerves must be...couple of BIG crashes, ever shrinking lead...can he keep it on the limit when it counts?

Be great to see it come down to the last race, 1-2 on the grid, no unfortunate pitstop/safety car shuffling, straight fight to the finish.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 11:32 (Ref:1990884)   #29
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
The Saint has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
looks like Dario is starting to loose his bottle!

I mean....he turned a great position where he could open the gap a little to Dixon into a nightmare which resulted in a lead of only 8 points.

Hmmm Dario, dont let those darn Kiwi's scare you!
Old 17 Aug 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1990944)   #30
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he needs another Pinta
Old 20 Aug 2007, 19:56 (Ref:1993027)   #31
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
i think the guy who allowed us to view his wife in a light dress and soaking wet (with much cleavage), deserves to win the title!!!!!
Old 20 Aug 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1993059)   #32
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Well I think who ever wins this race out of Dixon, Dario or Kanaan deserve the title. Kanaan has always done well at Sears Point which is up next.

I wouldn't mind putting money on TK to win if both Dixon or Dario have another dnf.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 21:09 (Ref:1993129)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Saint, exactly.

Mr Judd deserves to win this title!
Old 20 Aug 2007, 22:43 (Ref:1993192)   #34
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My view for the upcoming races

Sears Point- Dixon will most likely win, goes well here and is probably the best road racer in the IRL at the moment. If not, it's gonna be Kanaan.

Belle Isle- Something tells me that Dario could get his first road/street course win in the IRL here and has raced here before I believe in Champcar (Correct me if I'm wrong

Chicago- Can't decide a winner. My guess is that an AGR car will win. Kanaan or Franchitti I really don't know

Point being...I want Dario to win the title!
Old 21 Aug 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1993926)   #35
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Saint, exactly.

Mr Judd deserves to win this title!
great minds think alike huh?
Old 21 Aug 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1994119)   #36
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going with Dixon, he has the momentum on his side and has had the best results on the road courses lately.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1994442)   #37
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i'm hoping for Dixon to win it
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:47 (Ref:1994447)   #38
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Meira - Nice pick, you should go place a bet on that one, it would be good odds
the other Scott will win at Chicago (hopefully)
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:54 (Ref:1994455)   #39
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I still want Dario to win.

It has nothing to do with him being a fellow Scot. This is not sarcasm, a misuse of the term "irony", nor "ignorance, or anything, or anything else.

I have long seen him with interest (I respect his approach racing), but I refuse to somehow avoid the fact he is Scottish the same as I.

I oppose the notion of all political boundaries (be they federal, provincial/national, local/muncipal, or otherwise), in all ways. I am a Scot living in Canada, for I recognice national identification (nations are different from countries/states/provinces/muncipalities).

I want Dario to win because I massively respect him as a driver, and, critically, IMO, this year in the IRL, he would be utterly deserving.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 14:02 (Ref:1994515)   #40
The Saint
Rookie

United States
Florida
I think Dario is a nice guy, and a likeable person. He needs to calm down and go for finishes.

Scott Dixon has shown how good he is on the road tracks this season (and previous), Dario needs to do the same if he is to take his maiden title.

AGR should use Danica as cannon fodder (about all she is good for) to take Scott out!

;-)
Old 22 Aug 2007, 23:03 (Ref:1994797)   #41
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
I was half expecting to see some conspiracy theories about Wheldon taking Dario out on purpose in Michigan!

Perhaps the fact he also took Dixon out quietened that down.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 10:58 (Ref:1995001)   #42
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I still want Dario to win.

It has nothing to do with him being a fellow Scot. This is not sarcasm, a misuse of the term "irony", nor "ignorance, or anything, or anything else.

I have long seen him with interest (I respect his approach racing), but I refuse to somehow avoid the fact he is Scottish the same as I.

I oppose the notion of all political boundaries (be they federal, provincial/national, local/muncipal, or otherwise), in all ways. I am a Scot living in Canada, for I recognice national identification (nations are different from countries/states/provinces/muncipalities).

I want Dario to win because I massively respect him as a driver, and, critically, IMO, this year in the IRL, he would be utterly deserving.
So in short then, you want Dario to win because you respect him as a driver and you fell he deserves it. Sorry bud, didn't get all the stuff in the middle.

OK then here is my list of why I want Scott to win
  • He is a Kiwi, I am a Kiwi and yes National pride does come into it
  • He is a very good peddler
  • I have known him since he was 13 and are friends of the family
  • I have watched him from the age of 13 battle it out on the race track and just love the way he works
May the best man win (without the help or hindrance of others)
Old 25 Aug 2007, 03:05 (Ref:1996144)   #43
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint
i think the guy who allowed us to view his wife in a light dress and soaking wet (with much cleavage), deserves to win the title!!!!!

Two can play that game
Old 25 Aug 2007, 09:24 (Ref:1996209)   #44
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be nice to see Dario win it especially as he has just won the 500 and if the rumours are to be believed, he is considering retirement and or a switch to Nascar. It would be a nice way to go out. Also if he were to decide to move on it might open up an opportunity for Alex lloyd.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 05:47 (Ref:1996617)   #45
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
Dario won't go to Nascar. ALMS is much more likely.

Although I've heard a rumour about Dixon moving to sportscars full time next season as well.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 21:43 (Ref:1997067)   #46
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Dixon wins again. Anyone want to change their bets
Old 26 Aug 2007, 21:47 (Ref:1997075)   #47
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No as these last 3 races Dario has been the faster driver of the 2 but Dixon has finished a head due to luck from today, that crash at Michigan and Dario's mistake at Kentucky.

I still think Dario is the favourite. He's going to win Belle Isle.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 22:23 (Ref:1997119)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I favour Dixon at Chicago and it could go either way at Belle Isle really.

I am still getting that Dixon feeling, but it's very close to call!
Old 26 Aug 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1997145)   #49
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
They're basically even on points but Dario has looked faster at all the recent races. Despite todays result I'm starting to favour him slightly. I'm also aftaid that Scott is due for some bad luck.

AGR just seem to have the edge on setup at the moment. If they can stay out of each others way Dario would be my slight favourite now. Perhaps Michael should consider benching Marco and Danica to make sure they stay out of the way.

On the other hand, Ganassi are banking that their testing program will see them better at Belle Isle - so perhaps the form will turn around then. And I still have a feeling that Wheldon will come into play at Chicagoland...
Old 26 Aug 2007, 23:25 (Ref:1997158)   #50
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay
Perhaps Michael should consider benching Marco and Danica to make sure they stay out of the way. ...
And after you fought so hard in the other thread for Danica now you want her benched.

I bet Marco is feeling stink right now