Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Feb 2020, 20:40 (Ref:3958595)   #91
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really great news Ryan N is out and about. I thought my curse had struck; I had a bit on him to win. Damn near did too.

Hope he takes plenty of time out to recover to full strength before hopping back in a racecar.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 20:53 (Ref:3958598)   #92
Anyopenroad
Racer

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are races like this what Nascar fans want? It seems like a shambles to me, but I'm not exactly the core audience.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 21:15 (Ref:3958607)   #93
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
Can't believe he survived that crash, never mind that he's walked out of hospital so soon afterwards.

Incredible.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 21:28 (Ref:3958612)   #94
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, did not expect him to walking out of hospital two days later. Mental what modern engineering can achieve.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 00:39 (Ref:3958632)   #95
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Doesnít know where his shoes are though!

Great news, happy there can be a lame joke about it.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 00:44 (Ref:3958633)   #96
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post

Anyhow, it's all a moot discussion anyway considering Newman has left the hospital on his own two feet. Let's just be thankful for that.
I donít see the need to look for the bad here. I feel that something that if they had reacted how is deemed the correct way immediately then they should be applauded for it. However, if they didnít then it should just be left. For two reasons, we can not be sure what was actually happening to these people and what they saw and felt, and also it is as uncouth to do so as it is to react in the wrong way.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 11:35 (Ref:3958729)   #97
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ross Chastain brought in for Ryan, no timetable at all for the return. He is full time Xfinity for another team so split weekends could see another driver in the seat possibly.

https://racer.com/2020/02/19/chastai...in-for-newman/
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 12:25 (Ref:3958745)   #98
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Can't believe he survived that crash, never mind that he's walked out of hospital so soon afterwards.

Incredible.
The restrictor plate races have been a total joke in one way or another since Earnhardt's death. So much of NASCAR is in fact between stage gimmicks and excessive "caution" flags. I've not been a regular follower of the NASCAR since 2001. Had brief periods of interest along the way like the early days of Montoya in the series but it was all fleeting and temporary.

None and I mean NONE of the new drivers in the past 10 years are interesting personalities in any way. Currently the most interesting content in NASCAR I think is Grand National (xfinity) series road races at The Glen, Mid Ohio, and Road America. But still that has been stained by the stages and cautions. The cautions may have something to do with the skill levels though. You see way more off course incidents and spins in the NASCAR Xfinity road race than you see in the Weathertech series or even Michelin Pilot Challenge.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3958775)   #99
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Are races like this what Nascar fans want? It seems like a shambles to me, but I'm not exactly the core audience.
I don't know anymore. I was core audience for awhile, but am no longer.

NASCAR can breathe a big sigh of relief. I can't help to think that THEY think this is good PR. They were in the "sporting news" up to Wednesday after the 500; that hasn't happened in a minute. All pub is good pub? This is the most traction in a NASCAR thread on 10ths in years. Maybe since Tony Stewart?

NASCAR will continue it's struggles, but I'm just glad Ryan is okay.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3958786)   #100
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 has a real shot at the podium!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the podium!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the podium!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the podium!
Rubbin' is racing' at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
You see way more off course incidents and spins in the NASCAR Xfinity road race than you see in the Weathertech series or even Michelin Pilot Challenge.

Not to mention last corner bumps and runs.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 22:47 (Ref:3960497)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bounty I can get behind, 100k to the Cup driver who beats Busch in a truck race. It was 50k from Harvick, the CEO of Gander matched the 50k. The next race with a Cup driver in a truck is Chase Elliot at Atlanta.

And every Trucks/Xfinity ticket combo purchase has 5 bucks to the buyer's favorite drivers charity at AMS. I'm thinking it's going to be a decently full track if they can keep the weather from freezing.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 02:37 (Ref:3960722)   #102
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
A bounty I can get behind, 100k to the Cup driver who beats Busch in a truck race. It was 50k from Harvick, the CEO of Gander matched the 50k. The next race with a Cup driver in a truck is Chase Elliot at Atlanta.

And every Trucks/Xfinity ticket combo purchase has 5 bucks to the buyer's favorite drivers charity at AMS. I'm thinking it's going to be a decently full track if they can keep the weather from freezing.
Oh. Is that happening this weekend?

Go Chase.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3960805)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nope, they finally got it pushed back after bad weather years in a row. If course this weekend was great and today is supposed to be 65 so. It's in 2 weeks now, March 14, 15th for the Cup races.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 00:44 (Ref:3961129)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nascar going boy racer, 18" aluminum wheel and single center wheel nut with the 2021 car update

https://racer.com/2020/03/02/nascar-...sign-for-2021/
Old 3 Mar 2020, 02:27 (Ref:3961138)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Nascar going boy racer, 18" aluminum wheel and single center wheel nut with the 2021 car update

https://racer.com/2020/03/02/nascar-...sign-for-2021/
I said welcome to 1950s F1 and WSC with the update but gone is the last stock feature of stockcars....