Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jan 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3491356)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After a shaky start with the stream (reloading every other minute due to it stopping), it's been very good, clear and reliable. Not my favorite of circuits, but a cool event nonetheless.

RLM and the stream keeping me company in the home office today. Love the start of the 2015 season.
Old 9 Jan 2015, 18:53 (Ref:3491390)   #52
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The race has settled right down for the moment after a period of attrition. It's been pretty good.

I have to admit the other class battles beyond A6-Pro and A6-Am don't really interest me. Let's see whether the #2 Black Falcon can keep this run going.
Old 9 Jan 2015, 20:20 (Ref:3491420)   #53
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got in from work to find that my Sky box failed to record the start of the race!
Not happy about that, but settling in for the night shift now
Old 9 Jan 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3491431)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Got in from work to find that my Sky box failed to record the start of the race!
Not happy about that, but settling in for the night shift now
They actually do a "dvr" function on the live stream:

Live Stream Link:
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2...events/3700229

The above link from the actual series broadcast here:
http://www.24hseries.com/live/live-broadcast

I can't make the finish of this one. 5 am finish :|
Old 9 Jan 2015, 20:42 (Ref:3491440)   #55
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
enjoying the race on motors TV, aston in second place lets hope it can last the full 24 hours
Old 9 Jan 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3491450)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Aston in first place now
Old 9 Jan 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3491467)   #57
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah!!!
Old 9 Jan 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3491472)   #58
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
They actually do a "dvr" function on the live stream:

Live Stream Link:
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2...events/3700229

The above link from the actual series broadcast here:
http://www.24hseries.com/live/live-broadcast

I can't make the finish of this one. 5 am finish :|
Thanks chief!
Old 9 Jan 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3491473)   #59
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
finally green again, this code 60 rule makes the race boring!!!
Old 9 Jan 2015, 22:24 (Ref:3491474)   #60
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasdriv87 View Post
finally green again, this code 60 rule makes the race boring!!!
As a pose to a much longer safety car period? Not sure I understand your logic.
Old 9 Jan 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3491488)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I am a fan of Code 60 and this race 3 or 4 years ago was the first time i saw it implemented. It's different, but works for me.
Old 10 Jan 2015, 00:28 (Ref:3491508)   #62
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
If it wasn't for the Black Falcon SLS out in front, there would be a great battle on for the lead of the race. 2nd to 5th keeping within a lap and change of each other.
Old 10 Jan 2015, 09:21 (Ref:3491552)   #63
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Don't want to jinx them but the GT Academy guys are in fifth overall - second in class. That's absolutely phenomenal, especially give the fact they're in a full GT3 GTR and have next to no experience.

This crop of winners could produce guys to step up into the Ordonez/Mardenborough bracket.
Old 10 Jan 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3491558)   #64
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I dare say Mohammed Jawa & Jordan Grogor have been just as impressive as any of the GT Academy drivers, albeit in different ways. Two excellent team performances at the head of the A6-Am class.
Old 10 Jan 2015, 09:58 (Ref:3491562)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well watched a fair bit of the race and enjoyed what i saw
Old 10 Jan 2015, 20:16 (Ref:3491691)   #66
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had predicted an Merc podium-sweep, not quite. Standout job by RJN, Ram, and Dragon. Wish the Lechner team had followed through with the Bentley, their drivers in the Porsche seemed fast enough that a full GT3 could have given them a shot.

The decision to schedule this race as the first of the year was brilliant on the part of the organizers, it's made it so much more important than otherwise.

Edit: Black Falcon's did ultimately switch their 997's back around at the end but I didn't notice.

Last edited by divxx; 10 Jan 2015 at 20:31.
Old 11 Jan 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3491824)   #67
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very nice debut for the Boutsen Ginion Racing Team Maserati Gran Turismo. Came third in the SP2 class (48th overall of 89 classified in the race).

Great to see a Maserati in endurance racing. Well done!
Old 13 Mar 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3514829)   #68
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now Mugello 12h race and live stream: http://www.24hseries.com/live
Old 1 Jun 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3543912)   #69
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had to dig deep to find this thread, but if anyone is still following this and would like to read up on the 3+9 hours of Zandvoort, I put a little report together: http://www.gt-report.com/2015/06/01/the-dunes/ :') Peace out yo!
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3543916)   #70
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Zandvoort race was good in my opinion, abit Mercedes heavy at the front but some nice cars throughout the field, really enjoyed the 3+9 hour split because who doesn't like live action on a Friday afternoon?

Tom Coronels first hour while he was on slicks on a damp/wet track was very fun to watch.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3543922)   #71
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The racing definitely was good, beyond my expectations! I really loved how the top 3-5 teams were fairly equal in terms of drivers. Even Hari Proczyk's team with heavyweights Reinhold Renger and Bernd Schneider couldn't break away from the other teams because the am-drivers evened everything out.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:41 (Ref:3543934)   #72
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
The racing definitely was good, beyond my expectations! I really loved how the top 3-5 teams were fairly equal in terms of drivers. Even Hari Proczyk's team with heavyweights Reinhold Renger and Bernd Schneider couldn't break away from the other teams because the am-drivers evened everything out.
Renger isn't really what I would call a heavy-weight....

I was really impressed by Paul White though.... holding himself very well against Frankenhout and Heyer Jr.

Not sure Hofor won a fan in me this weekend... only putting their bronze drivers in for a single lap under Code-60 really isn't what these races should be about. There really should be a minimum drive time to be eligible for the win or points. But the, they were pretty smart about their strategy in general - especially when it came to avoiding the traffic jams at the pumps.

Last edited by Speed-King; 1 Jun 2015 at 19:47.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 21:18 (Ref:3543977)   #73
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Of course he's no Bernd Schneider, but I've seen the laptimes he set at the N24 and this weekend again: he has no trouble holding his own.

Paul White, yes, set some very fast lap times near the end. That was a surprise!
Old 10 Jun 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3547002)   #74
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not sure Hofor won a fan in me this weekend... only putting their bronze drivers in for a single lap under Code-60 really isn't what these races should be about. There really should be a minimum drive time to be eligible for the win or points. But the, they were pretty smart about their strategy in general - especially when it came to avoiding the traffic jams at the pumps.
Serious? But this should not be allowed.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 20:14 (Ref:3556284)   #75
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Something that's been bugging me for a while: How does this series financially make any sense for its competitors?!

It's probably the racing series with the most on-track hours in the world and yet their grids are very well filled.
If we go by the figures for Daytona or Spa, running a GT3 in a 24h races costs around €500.000, probably more. So doing the 24h series should come in somewhere around 2.500.000€ for the full season - which is incidentally also the cost of a full season GT3 campaign in TUSC and considered prohibitively expensive.

Is there something I am missing here? Can you run a GT3 for 24h for considerable less than what relatively professional teams spent for Spa or Daytona, by skimping on personnel and maybe also somewhat on ultimate performance? And if so, how much is a full season campaign in the Creventic series for a GT3? Or Porsche Cup car, for that matter?