Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 3 Dec 2022, 14:14 (Ref:4135979)   #576
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see there's a 20 euro Friday only ticket available for purchase called 'Entrée Concert'.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4135985)   #577
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well that confirms that the concert must be within the GE zone and not in Blue nor or the stadium.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 15:08 (Ref:4135988)   #578
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good news that new campsites will be opened. Having calmed down a bit, I’m sure that if there is a will to camp there will still be a way.

Incredible effort from the ACO to induce as much stress as possible into their loyal fan base for their biggest ever event.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 16:19 (Ref:4135998)   #579
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Got this from 1st Tickets today.

I feel somewhat sorry for them, their business, like many is built on trust but when you get screwed by your supplier, it impacts everyone down the line.
Thanks for posting. That confirms the Houx pitch I had is no longer a thing that exists. Glad I managed to sort something out independently.
Old 4 Dec 2022, 09:47 (Ref:4136076)   #580
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Timing is rubbish and feel for agents and those on waiting lists as the aggravation now continues into new year.

Shame that so much GS/village accessible camping has been pushed out - especially inside track too (doesn’t really stack with the traffic inside circuit excuse).

LM Classic this year had huge shopping village area, I fear they want to turn the main race into a shopping/eating destination for Sat and Sun, with lots of unavailable but empty (apart from an hour or so) GS seats. And a bit like Classic with less interest on what’s on the track.

Did read the Sebring changes and improvements, to work at LM you would need to drastically improve/introduce viewing areas on the currently inaccessible areas that are now much closer to the majority of campers.
Old 4 Dec 2022, 17:29 (Ref:4136087)   #581
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just catching up on all this... My browser had forgotten my password for tentenths and so had I!! It took a bit of time to get a new one..

The whole thing feels like someone has come in and dreamt up a super centenary celebration, whilst forgetting that there is a race on at the same time.. Someone will be getting a shiny new blazer and centenary tie + tie pin for this genius idea plus a pat on the back for a job well done.

Meanwhile we scramble for the tickets we'd booked months ago and the ticket agents question why they bother. Hopefully it will all be calm by the end of next week..

I think we're okay with grandstand tickets and possibly okay for camping - but we'll only know for sure once the agent knows!!

Bring back the fax machine and hand writing faxes and ticket requests.... plus ca change!
Old 5 Dec 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4136122)   #582
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I see there's a 20 euro Friday only ticket available for purchase called 'Entrée Concert'.
Now showing as sold out. On Saturday the drop down allowed you to buy up to six of these tickets.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 09:15 (Ref:4136132)   #583
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did anyone actually spot anything go back up on sale this morning that had previously sold out?

Took me 12mins after 9am to go in via the queue but doesn't look any different to the offerings of previous days.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 09:42 (Ref:4136134)   #584
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Had a look this morning - the usual suspect campsites still available but most sold out and Epinettes not even listed..!!
Old 5 Dec 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4136135)   #585
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Did anyone actually spot anything go back up on sale this morning that had previously sold out?

Took me 12mins after 9am to go in via the queue but doesn't look any different to the offerings of previous days.
Nope nothing - with Epinettes not even mentioned on the list at all!!

Oh well....
Old 5 Dec 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4136136)   #586
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
IOnce the agencies tell people what they have there will be people with extra's to sell
Old 5 Dec 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4136138)   #587
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
IOnce the agencies tell people what they have there will be people with extra's to sell
True, fingers crossed.... I think we're being told this week or possibly early next week about our allocation.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 10:11 (Ref:4136139)   #588
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking at other socialmedia people are very happy with BSJ, what a mess when we have to be happy with that.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 10:15 (Ref:4136140)   #589
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Looking at other socialmedia people are very happy with BSJ, what a mess when we have to be happy with that.
Agreed.

BSJ wasn't too bad in the early days. You weren't a million miles away from everything and then one year the first field was booked out already and then the second one was a quagmire due to all the rain. I'm thinking 2007.. It was okay but a massive trek to get anywhere. We vowed never to go back there again after that.

I guess we should have seen all this coming - the ACO are slowly but surely moving the fans away from the circuit and monetising the spaces closer to the track.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4136142)   #590
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Beausejour now showing sold out. Only camping offered is Côte Fleuri.
Full week GEs available again.
What a mess.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 11:37 (Ref:4136149)   #591
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Agreed.

BSJ wasn't too bad in the early days. You weren't a million miles away from everything and then one year the first field was booked out already and then the second one was a quagmire due to all the rain. I'm thinking 2007.. It was okay but a massive trek to get anywhere. We vowed never to go back there again after that.

I guess we should have seen all this coming - the ACO are slowly but surely moving the fans away from the circuit and monetising the spaces closer to the track.
Not that slowly at the moment.

On the basis that pre-Covid AM had biggest temporary structure in France there and loads of parking inside near arena, plus Porsche always had lots going on and Ferrari there - it does seem a big jump for 2023 for land inside circuit.

BSJ makes it whole day journey to track and commits you to on-site catering etc. Can't see many people popping out to track or GS's or village/pits etc on Wed/Thurs/Friday more than once. Or need to sort the more expensive (and rarer) Expo parking etc plus BSJ!
Old 5 Dec 2022, 11:46 (Ref:4136151)   #592
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes quite a lot of walking to get to the pits etc. from BSJ. I hope, but may be being optimistic, that the bus services are increased due to the increased size of BSJ. Again though we will have access to the inside of Porsche Curves, the buses to Arnage and Mulsanne and the buses up to Expo. Last year I walked Miles so in effect, I see little difference unless it turns into a bog due to rain.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4136153)   #593
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Beausejour now showing sold out. Only camping offered is Côte Fleuri.
Full week GEs available again.
What a mess.
It's Clos Fleuri, not Côte Fleuri, but pretty much in the middle of nowhere, a long way from any viewing spots and an hour's walk from the Village.

Full week GEs are certainly available again, but where to park? Expo parking is sold out for Saturday and Sunday.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4136155)   #594
Kpy
Veteran

Clos Fleuri now sold out, so no camping or parking available for the 24 Hours W/E apart from Mulsanne/Arnage parking.
Have fun everybody.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4136160)   #595
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Christoper see the email i sent you, you never know the ACO might be able to help you
Old 5 Dec 2022, 12:54 (Ref:4136161)   #596
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Christoper see the email i sent you, you never know the ACO might be able to help you
Thanks Simon. Very kind to think of me.
See my reply in PMs.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4136165)   #597
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Managed to secure 4 pitches in Clos Fleuri after a mate offered to queue up.

Happy to be camping, and glad it's sorted, but what a mess. And a lot of walking!
Old 5 Dec 2022, 14:35 (Ref:4136167)   #598
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i am certain that once the big agencies tell people what they been allocated those that have have purchased camping on the ACO, incase the agents did not. will be selling either the ACO ones or those they got from the agents. So do not give up yet.
Old 6 Dec 2022, 11:41 (Ref:4136242)   #599
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
i am certain that once the big agencies tell people what they been allocated those that have have purchased camping on the ACO, incase the agents did not. will be selling either the ACO ones or those they got from the agents. So do not give up yet.
Happening now as a few sales of GE plus camping on the PH LM for sale and wanted thread. They do go quick though.
Old 6 Dec 2022, 19:47 (Ref:4136282)   #600
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Now that the agents are sending out confirmations of camping tickets has anyone else got tertre rouge? At the moment i am beginning to think it is going to be very lonely there as not heard that any of the usual inhabitants have got any.
Closed Thread