Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Jun 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4163174)   #351
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Impressive!
Old 11 Jun 2023, 15:41 (Ref:4163213)   #352
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ferrari definitely have the pace, but as you say, there are question marks over whether they can sustain a consistent pace in the race. If their pace drops off during a key point in the race, they will struggle to recover lost time
Well, they answered those questions well enough....
Old 11 Jun 2023, 15:45 (Ref:4163215)   #353
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They didn't have a trouble free race, but neither did Toyota. It came down mostly to when the big troubles happened and how severe as much as who was fast when. In a way, it was like 2014 when even the Audis that finished 1-2 had problems.

Also, anyone think that Ferrari's F1 team will be wanting to borrow some WEC team personnel? As Anthony Davidson said, the early rounds, they were almost a test team that was still getting their feet wet. Come Le Mans, they were a full-fledged race team.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4163218)   #354
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But then again, AF Corse know how win at Le Mans, don't they....
Old 11 Jun 2023, 16:02 (Ref:4163225)   #355
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They were fast, took advantage of others running into trouble and made sure they didn't lose too much time when they themselves hit trouble. Fully deserved I say and I'm sure others will agree.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4163236)   #356
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kudos to Ferrari for a fantastic race. Have to say it was nice to see them celebrate their victory. The Toyota rep was sure a sour face on TV. Like being second at Le Man is a huge setback.... I guess it is!
Old 11 Jun 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4163240)   #357
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
They didn't have a trouble free race, but neither did Toyota. It came down mostly to when the big troubles happened and how severe as much as who was fast when. In a way, it was like 2014 when even the Audis that finished 1-2 had problems.

Also, anyone think that Ferrari's F1 team will be wanting to borrow some WEC team personnel? As Anthony Davidson said, the early rounds, they were almost a test team that was still getting their feet wet. Come Le Mans, they were a full-fledged race team.

Possibly, not necessarily on the strategy side though, cause the F1 boys might as well "Just do what RB is doing"
Old 14 Jun 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4163749)   #358
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Radio? Ma no, grazie, Italians speak with their hands. 0,59: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tpgh2fTos
Old 15 Jun 2023, 00:20 (Ref:4163778)   #359
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Radio? Ma no, grazie, Italians speak with their hands. 0,59: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tpgh2fTos
Clearly he is saying "Push the bloody 'Start' button with your finger like this."
Old 15 Jun 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4163853)   #360
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Clearly he is saying "Push the bloody 'Start' button with your finger like this."
Because the radio communications are thoroughly monitored and recorded he's using hands and fingers to avoid messages like: "Ma ché mierrrrda, mammma mia la machina kaputt, porké miserrria, esta ouna Fiat, an la ACO vafank!" You know Italians, when they have fun, they have fun!
Old 16 Jun 2023, 20:07 (Ref:4164050)   #361
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read this on Matthew J. Thompson's twitter:
"Fernando Alonso is in negotiations with Ferrari to race the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the Hypercar category for 2024 or 2025.
The Spaniard wants to win the prestigious endurance race again."

https://twitter.com/realMJThompson/s...78567%2Fpage-5
Old 16 Jun 2023, 23:07 (Ref:4164064)   #362
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I read this on Matthew J. Thompson's twitter:
"Fernando Alonso is in negotiations with Ferrari to race the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the Hypercar category for 2024 or 2025.
The Spaniard wants to win the prestigious endurance race again."

https://twitter.com/realMJThompson/s...78567%2Fpage-5
That would actually be a pretty big deal for both parties. Ferrari seem to have a good 6 drivers for the factory right now, who would have to step aside? or is this a 3rd car type of thing? customers?
Old 17 Jun 2023, 02:37 (Ref:4164074)   #363
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Leclerc, Alonso, Sainz would be something. Stroll is not gonna let it happen though.

Do I remember correctly Sainz Sr. once tested a Toyota GT-one before deciding Le Mans wasn't what he wanted?
Old 17 Jun 2023, 03:18 (Ref:4164076)   #364
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Le Mans isn’t a GP weekend, would Stroll be that bother? I know there is the whole Aston thing, but if it keeps Alonso happy (and he’s been very nice at Aston). Not that I am looking for a patronizing how is the F1 team and the manufacturer related, who owns what, F1 type discussion.

BTW, I think this is pure speculation for the sake of a new article at this stage. I just think it’d be fun.
Old 17 Jun 2023, 05:34 (Ref:4164083)   #365
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
That tweet author doesn't seem to be a known name at all and it doesn't even include a link to any other media, in other words my BS detector is beeping really loudly.
Old 17 Jun 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4164094)   #366
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
in other words my BS detector is beeping really loudly.
Ha yes…
Old 17 Jun 2023, 09:05 (Ref:4164099)   #367
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can't see it happening, unless Fernando leaves F1. I don't think it would work for Aston seeing him drive for a manufacturer that is a rival in F1
Old 17 Jun 2023, 11:47 (Ref:4164115)   #368
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
It's Indy Fernando "wants", and he doesn't even want it that much given how much fun he's having at Aston.

File this one under "preceded by the subjunctive form."
Old 17 Jun 2023, 13:12 (Ref:4164123)   #369
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Don't you feel that the aero of those cars is quite fascinating? The front splitter is in no way comparable to the competitors', properly feeding the flat bottom and the rear wing is a lot forward. I'd say between a Toy' and a Pug. I wouldn't be surprised if the next version of the french car shows a different package with a more proheminent rear duck tail and more efficient side winglets.
Old 17 Jun 2023, 15:01 (Ref:4164142)   #370
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso could return to Le Mans... and with Ferrari.
During the press conference in Canada, Alonso explains to Leclerc that it is not necessary to leave Formula 1 to race at Le Mans: "You can do it at the same time"

The Monegasque said of Le Mans: "I've never seen so many people on a circuit before, wherever I went there were a lot of passionate people, that surprised me, it's incredible."

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/mot...rrari-88792295
Old 28 Oct 2023, 22:58 (Ref:4183416)   #371
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news, you can buy a 499 of your own

https://sportscar365.com/industry/fe...9p-modificata/

Oh, you can't race it and sounds like you can't take it home with you either.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 01:17 (Ref:4183436)   #372
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Good news, you can buy a 499 of your own

https://sportscar365.com/industry/fe...9p-modificata/

Oh, you can't race it and sounds like you can't take it home with you either.
Wonder if they could use this to get around testing restrictions
Old 29 Oct 2023, 03:01 (Ref:4183461)   #373
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, we're going down this road yet again. Another car that you can't take home, can't modify or race, and can't use without making a reservation. WTF, Ferrari?

Why not just make a couple more for another selected team to run, like Risi.

They're going after the market that Aston Martin has with the Valkyrie. Except Aston trusts you, unlike some people...
Old 29 Oct 2023, 03:20 (Ref:4183462)   #374
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
So, we're going down this road yet again. Another car that you can't take home, can't modify or race, and can't use without making a reservation. WTF, Ferrari?

Why not just make a couple more for another selected team to run, like Risi.
Because they make more doing this. People who can want to drive these kind of cool cars. Madness!

It’s not the first thing I’d do, but it would be a blast.
Quote:
They're going after the market that Aston Martin has with the Valkyrie. Except Aston trusts you, unlike some people...
If I was going to do this kind of thing I’m doing it with Ferrari. They’ve got more experience of it and the door handles have got more chance of working.
Besides Aston went after the Ferrari market with the Valkyrie!

It’s very silly, but let’s not pretend on this level it doesn’t make sense.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 09:48 (Ref:4183497)   #375
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Renting racecars has been "a thing" for about a decade now. Ferrari themselves are no strangers to it; off the top of my head, the 599XX and FXX come to mind. I think it was [whoever was controlling] Lotus F1 at the time who brought the track-only experience to racing cars proper, and from there the service has spread to other manufacturers. I think Ginetta offered something similar previously, but I'm happy to be corrected on this.

A few decades ago, lots of little boys wanted to be racing drivers. Some of them have now grown up and have the money to live out their fantasies, but not the appetite to go racing for real. Yes, they are renting a race car to toddle round an empty track for exorbitant sums. However, they get the experience in as safe and as personalised a manner as possible, while the manufacturer gets to make lots of money from the service, because the maintenance and travel costs are much lower than if the car was racing. They also have more control over what happens to the car/parts/data (again, because no racing means no technical regulations to adhere to). Financially, it makes more sense than actual racing if the signups reach double figures.

The chassis that will become 499P Modificata were never going to be racing for real, I'm sorry to say for anyone who thought otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
Wonder if they could use this to get around testing restrictions
I would assume this would have been cleared with the ACO, given how high-profile the program will be, and that the modifications were in part to ensure enough of a separation to not fall foul of testing restrictions. Although the likely clientele probably won't be pushing the car to its limits.

Last edited by J Jay; 29 Oct 2023 at 09:55.