Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Oct 2023, 11:04 (Ref:4183511)   #376
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I would assume this would have been cleared with the ACO, given how high-profile the program will be, and that the modifications were in part to ensure enough of a separation to not fall foul of testing restrictions. Although the likely clientele probably won't be pushing the car to its limits.
That and the changes and not least entirely different tyres does not sound like a scenario that woud yield any meaningful data at this point of the program.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 18:17 (Ref:4183548)   #377
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thought Ferrari started after the Enzo so almost 20 years or so.

Assume they’ll sell (if that’s the word) 29 and maybe gift 1.

Assume they make a decent number to fly around to deserted desert places but not too many to complicate the transport.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4183552)   #378
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are they making 30 then? I missed that.
Old 30 Oct 2023, 08:02 (Ref:4183643)   #379
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
Wonder if they could use this to get around testing restrictions
+ 1 It seems there's an italian way of thinking about customer cars (IF and Lambo). Or are they preparing a MegaHyper category? I wonder why Pug doesn't follow this stream…
Old 30 Oct 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4183651)   #380
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I wonder why Pug doesn't follow this stream…
Aren't they busy adding a wing to their car?
Old 30 Oct 2023, 10:54 (Ref:4183672)   #381
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, there maybe a third 499P coming to the WEC as a private entry...

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...ar-effort.html
Old 30 Oct 2023, 11:51 (Ref:4183686)   #382
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Thought Ferrari started after the Enzo so almost 20 years or so.

Assume they’ll sell (if that’s the word) 29 and maybe gift 1.

Assume they make a decent number to fly around to deserted desert places but not too many to complicate the transport.
Yeah, they've run the XX Program along side of the Corsa Clienti F1 program for years now. Why would you not want the guys who work on the cars working on them instead of sitting in your garage. They aren't park em up and leave em for 6 month cars, the maintenance alone would require an owner to have a full time staff on it. And where would you take it, most track days for the general public would send that car away in a second so you need the Ferrari guys there and they travel with Ferrari drivers for coaching. Its's not like Ferrari shows up with your car in a UHaul, they've come to Road Atlanta a few times and the setup took up most of the pro side paddock.
Old 30 Oct 2023, 12:29 (Ref:4183695)   #383
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent development! I always suspected Cetilar's Roberto Lacorte to play a major part in a customer project.
Old 30 Oct 2023, 16:36 (Ref:4183734)   #384
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The two news items may be linked. I don't see the track-day car as "instead of" a third entry, it may even be an enabler...
Old 31 Oct 2023, 12:28 (Ref:4183836)   #385
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there space for an additional car on the grid? Or are Isotta Fraschini looking nervous?
Old 31 Oct 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4183867)   #386
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Is there space for an additional car on the grid? Or are Isotta Fraschini looking nervous?
That is a good question! Hard to see this happening for 24 at this point.
Old 1 Nov 2023, 02:40 (Ref:4183899)   #387
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I suspect that the FIA/ACO will find some magical space for more cars. I think they'll have to with Aston Martin coming in 2025. They won't turn away major or customer hypercar entries, will they?
Old 8 Nov 2023, 21:32 (Ref:4185191)   #388
tomcug
Veteran

No upgrades for Ferrari at the start of 2024 campaign, maybe later.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-499p-updates/
Old 9 Nov 2023, 08:48 (Ref:4185219)   #389
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I suspect that the FIA/ACO will find some magical space for more cars. I think they'll have to with Aston Martin coming in 2025. They won't turn away major or customer hypercar entries, will they?
They’ve talked about 40 entries for future years - might be holding 2 or 3 back for 2025 entries rather than have another GT3 manufacturer in now and an big argument this time next year.
Old 17 Dec 2023, 22:26 (Ref:4189367)   #390
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Does the 499 run torsion bar springs, at least up front? It's def. not running coil overs at least on the front end based on photos.
Old 28 Jan 2024, 16:29 (Ref:4193902)   #391
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good RLM chat between Nick Daman and Giuseppe Risi with 2:15 hours to go...

Could go to IMSA, but they need Ferrari to sort out privateer approach in WEC first.
Old 1 Feb 2024, 20:17 (Ref:4194654)   #392
tomcug
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...factory-499ps/
I didn't think it's April Fools' Day already?
Old 1 Feb 2024, 21:04 (Ref:4194663)   #393
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post

IFKR?
Old 1 Feb 2024, 22:06 (Ref:4194673)   #394
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
It made me chuckle too. Are they really not going to share setup data with the 3rd car?
Old 2 Feb 2024, 12:51 (Ref:4194747)   #395
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It made me chuckle too. Are they really not going to share setup data with the 3rd car?
Old 2 Feb 2024, 12:59 (Ref:4194749)   #396
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It won't need it, they'll get Lewis in the car in 25 so no help needed

Old 18 Feb 2024, 14:41 (Ref:4197166)   #397
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Let me see if I can get this right.

Here is the new Ferrari livery for 2024:

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/hyperc...51-2024-livery

It’s rubbish. Mainly red again, yawn. They’ve tried to make it interesting with more yellow. Obviously aping to the legendary JDC yellow. But failed. Who’d have a red car car and just add a bit of yellow to it!

Still anything is better than Penske.
Old 18 Feb 2024, 21:20 (Ref:4197193)   #398
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Let me see if I can get this right.

Here is the new Ferrari livery for 2024:

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/hyperc...51-2024-livery

It’s rubbish. Mainly red again, yawn. They’ve tried to make it interesting with more yellow. Obviously aping to the legendary JDC yellow. But failed. Who’d have a red car car and just add a bit of yellow to it!

Still anything is better than Penske.
Black wheels too
Old 18 Feb 2024, 21:21 (Ref:4197194)   #399
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I would be more excited about gold wheels on the Ferrari than that Hertz livery. #TB12
Old 19 Feb 2024, 10:07 (Ref:4197248)   #400
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Its the big white circle with the race car number in it that I dont like.